Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What do you do with PB2?

Replies

• skebe17
    skebe17 Posts: 16
    BUMP! Want to try the PB2!
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    That sounds good... I think I might order the chocolate one today.
    Honestly, don't waste your money on the chocolate variety. It is just PB2 with baking cocoa added.
    I just buy the regular variety and when I want a chocolate peanut butter taste, I add one tablespoon of cocoa.
    Most vendors charge more for the chocolate kind, too.
  • Taryn1627
    Taryn1627 Posts: 118 Member
    eat it with apple slices! yum yum!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Smear it on my... oh wait...
  • I use the PB2 in my Shakeology, along with Cocoa..
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    We use it in protein shakes, homemade protein granola bars, brownies...lots of baking in my house!
  • Evansmama29
    Evansmama29 Posts: 84 Member
    I put it on a 50 calorie La Tortilla Factory wrap with half of a sliced up banana - awesome
  • anashar
    anashar Posts: 67 Member
    I make a simplified version of African Peanut Stew (with chicken or fish). You can also make peanut sauce and use it with noodles.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    That sounds good... I think I might order the chocolate one today.
    Honestly, don't waste your money on the chocolate variety. It is just PB2 with baking cocoa added.
    I just buy the regular variety and when I want a chocolate peanut butter taste, I add one tablespoon of cocoa.
    Most vendors charge more for the chocolate kind, too.

Lol, at first i read this as "oh honey, dont waste your money" :p

K, I'll skip the chocolate one then. I should have some unsweetened cocoa so I'll experiment with that.

I do want to try the thai peanut sauce recipe on pb2's website- it looks good, and I'm addicted to thai food...
  • sophiathedss
    sophiathedss Posts: 97 Member
    I love PB2.....I use in in protein shakes, in protein brownies and protein pancakes and protein pudding.

I mix it with water and no sugar added jam for a sweet treat.
    I mix it w/water and spread on a rice cake, I use it in pad thai recipes.
    I use it mixed with cool whip and freeze it for a treat.
    I could go on....its wonderful to have peanut butter without all the oil :)

11269213.png
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    I put it in shakes (oatmeal, vanilla almond milk, light vanilla yougurt, banana, 2 tablespoons pb2 with cocoa). I have also sprinkled it on my oatmeal, waffles, and frozen yogurt.
  • notyouraveragetalia
    notyouraveragetalia Posts: 223 Member
    I have my own order on its way from Amazon, but visit www.dashingdish.com for lots of recepies using PB2! Again, haven't gotten it yet but I plan on using some of her recipes to start off!
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    I've made thai peanut sauce- super low cal and not bad!, take air popped corn with a little spray butter and dip it in a serving of pb2, smoothies, sandwiches, and my absolute FAVE recipe for it is to put it in oatmeal with a little bit of sf maple syrup- tastes like a hot no bake cookie. mmm. :smile:
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    I make my own granola so I add a jar when I make up a batch. It's goooooooooood.
  • jwillie76
    jwillie76 Posts: 65 Member
    lots of good ideas!
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    I post this recipe everywhere:

I make the basic overnight oats recipe adapted for triple chocolate, banana/and-or coffee, and peanut butter O.O.s and it is so good I think about making it for maybe two meals a day.

Ingreds added to mason jar in this order:

1/3 cup chocolate almond milk (40 cals)
    1 T unsweetened cocoa (10 cals)
    1/4 cup old fashioned uncooked oats (75 cals)
    1/4 fat free fage plain greek yogurt (33 cals)
    1 T chia seeds (60 cals)
    1 T ground flaxmeal (30 cals--optional, but gives the concoction an almost cookie-dough consistency, which I like)
    2 tsp honey (30 cals)
    6 T chocolate PB2, mixed with water in a separate bowl BEFORE adding to jar (135 cals - because I like PB2)

Shake, then add:

1/2 banana, sliced, then stirred in (45 cals); and/or:
    2 tsp ground coffee, stirred in (0 cals)

Chill overnight, and seriously consider setting your alarm earlier than normal to enjoy earlier than normal.
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    1 cup almond milk + 1 tbsp PB2 + 1 tsp cocoa powder....tastes like I am drinking a recess peanut butter cup....
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Mix it with greek yogurt and dip fruit in it. It's a good post or pre workout snack for me. Protein + healthy sugars.

Drop it in smoothies as a "protein powder".

Use it for the filling in homemade dark chocolate pb cups.

Hell. Anywhere I would use regular peanut butter.

Never thought about putting it in greek yogurt! I'm going to try that next time. I usually just make up and dip apple slices in it
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,350 Member
    I replaced regular peanut butter with PB2 in my daily smoothie. It's great.
  • EbonySD
    EbonySD Posts: 142
    eat it in large quantities :) JK. I mix it in my protein shakes.