Moms that lost belly hang, extra flab, stretch marks..

Options

Replies

• TPLSTNK
    TPLSTNK Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    http://getfitguy.quickanddirtytips.com/how-to-tighten-loose-skin-after-weight-loss.aspx

Not a mom, obviously, but these are the tips I'm using and they are working. I haven't gotten all the way there, yet, but the skin is definitely tighter than it was.

Thank you for sharing this!
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yes definately be mindful of diastasis recti. I recently was doing the ab work in JM Ripped in 30 and noticed my stomach was bulging in the middle, I check the space and it is now 2 fingers width, had previously basically healed up. I should have been paying attention when my lower stomach started to look more round. So I've started wearing my compression girdle again, and will be sticking with specific ab exercises that help strengthen the abs and assist in bringing the muscles back together. FYI I had my son in January, so its been six months and it obviously hadn't fully healed. Be sure to check and you can google the exercises that are appropriate in strengthening the transverse abdominal muscles.

The ladies who posted their pics look absolutely stunning, thank you for sharing and for the inspiration. @tkerbell I just went online and ordered a dry brush, I had heard that it was good for tightening loose skin, and your results have me sold!
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks soooo good and its very inspirational! Any mommy's dealing with diastasis recti ( seperated ABS). If so I could use some pointers on how to work it naturally! My baby will be 2 in Nov and my ABS have yet to come back together!!

Yes, I am, and I unknowingly made it worse in the last month doing JM Ripped in 30. Check out this website for some corrective exercises http://www.livestrong.com/article/227715-exercises-to-correct-a-diastasis-recti/ and you also may want to invest in a good compression girdle. I use a bellefit and have gone back to doing my corrective exercises and have already seen improvement in the last few days. Good Luck
  • mzpharrell
    mzpharrell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks soooo good and its very inspirational! Any mommy's dealing with diastasis recti ( seperated ABS). If so I could use some pointers on how to work it naturally! My baby will be 2 in Nov and my ABS have yet to come back together!!

Yes, I am, and I unknowingly made it worse in the last month doing JM Ripped in 30. Check out this website for some corrective exercises http://www.livestrong.com/article/227715-exercises-to-correct-a-diastasis-recti/ and you also may want to invest in a good compression girdle. I use a bellefit and have gone back to doing my corrective exercises and have already seen improvement in the last few days. Good Luck

Thanks! Didn't think to start back wearing my compression girdle!!
  • Heatherbell14
    Options
    Wow! You look great, congratulations! :0) I had a C-Section 8 yrs ago & have come to the resolve that it won't ever really go away. I still have quite a few pounds to lose. It was a really long time before those muscles even healed for me, so being able to physically do things I couldn't before feels great. I am proud of my battle scar..as all moms should be :0) I guess the hardest part is just being happy with yourself, accepting the ways our bodies will change and loving them all the more!
  • amsal223
    amsal223 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yep, got that pouch and I wear spanx to smooth it out. Gotta do what you gotta do!
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    you ladies rock! I'm due in 11 days and hope to catch ya's on the flip side ;)=)
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I teach Zumba, BUT, I kind of customize my class to be a full body workout. I have a lot of moms in my class, and our schedules are so busy, we do not have time to spend hours in the gym. So, I do a lot of squats, brazil butt lift moves, hand weights, planks, ab vacuums. All my muscles that I have are from my class. I use to weight lift, so I know how to work areas. My class is cardio and calisthenic weight training.

Dry brushing is a huge brush made for your skin. I had a female competitor tell me to do it. You can buy one of those brushes at Walmart where the loofahs are. It is suppose to make your skin regenerate.

Ab vacuums is working your transverse abs (just like planks) and that pulls your abs in. You can do crunches and get a 6 pack, but the ab vacuums and planks actually pull in your abs. I do not do crunches, I do a lot of "hip hop" abs moves...like lots of hip pumping, so that is like mini crunches. Youtube Ab vacuums. I can not do them like they can on there, but I am getting a lot better.

Your tummy may not look like pre-baby, but it can improve...no need to get discouraged. :happy:

Thank you so much for the advice. I am going to YouTube it. Sounds like something I would definitally want to do. I wish we had a Zumba class here. But small towns are known for many things. I just started day 1 of Jillian Michales 30DS so hoping for SOME results even if its not much.

Youtube raycohen100 she does Zumba songs.. She's great! And you can pick you're own songs to do she has like 100vids :)
  • bluemiki
    bluemiki Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's very encouraging to see so many great "after" pics. I've had 4 kids, no C-sections, and more than my fair share of stretch marks and belly hang. At my heaviest (after my 2nd baby) I was over 250lbs. After my last pregnancy I was back up over 200lbs and had a lot of sag. I heard about laser lipo and decided that if I could work hard and loose 20lbs I'd treat myself to it. It is non invasive, non surgical and not too expensive. They use lasers to stimulate specific fat cells and then have you run, followed by a sit in the sauna to help "sweat" it out. The biggest bonus I thought was that while the laser stimulates the fat cells it also shrinks the skin. In 3 sessions (which is not very many but all I could afford lol) I lost almost 3 inches on my belly. Since then I've kept up the results with running and cutting out processed foods and have lost almost another 20lbs. I still have a long way to go but I'm hopeful!
    (I'll see if I can find my before and after pics and post them if I do)

Oh my gosh! Definitally something I would be interested in. (Do you know on average how much a session would cost?) I would love to lose 3 inches! Lol. Did it help the way your lower belly looked? Cant wait to see photos! Sounds like you HAVE come along way already.

Cost depends on how many sessions and has a huge variation depending who does it. I used a Groupon and so got 3 sessions for about $100 instead of the usual $600. I noticed a big difference in my lower belly and it continued to improve for days afterwards. It's been over a year now and I've let myself backslide a bit (gained back 10lbs) but my skin is still way tighter than it was :happy:
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    you ladies rock! I'm due in 11 days and hope to catch ya's on the flip side ;)=)

Awww...congrats!!!

I have three kids. The last two are under three and they did a number on my belly :sad: I posted my 30 Day Shred results in my blog so you can see my belly there. The shred definitely helped a lot so now I'm on to Ripped in 30. All the women who posted pics look amazing!!! I'm hoping to be able to post amazing pics by the end of the year!
  • Denisegp37
    Denisegp37 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    AWESOME thread!
  • Shawnette97
    Shawnette97 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great motivation!!! You guys look great.
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Something I have noticed is you either have the skin that sort of bounces back or you do not. If you have that wrinkly loose skin, it probably is not going anywhere. It will get smaller, but will always be there without surgery. Sort of like stretch marks. Some women are just blessed to not get them, Focus on what you do love about yourself.

This is so true! I have friends who started out the same weight, gained the same amount, had similar delivery experiences but I got loads of stretchmarks and have 'non elastic' type skin and they haven't. I am a natural redhead and my redhead friends all seem to have this similar 'thin' skin type which pouches and has stretchmarks, as did those with Irish colouring (black hair, green eyes, pale skin.) My other friends didn't seem to have a many battle scars from their pregnancies.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Can't really say anything about the pouch, but I can tell you about the inner thighs. I've been working extra hard on the elliptical machine. If you angle your feet at 45 degrees \ / on the petals, this does work the inner thighs. It's really funny because they are firming up from the knee cap up. I thought that's what was going on about 3 months ago, but now if's very easy to see because there is three inches of firm then the flabby inner thighs!
  • Sjeanify
    Sjeanify Posts: 5
    Options
    My first born it disappeared that was in 2011. I just had a baby June and I think that this sag is going to take a lot more action out of me to get is to begone lol
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options

Awww...congrats!!!

I have three kids. The last two are under three and they did a number on my belly :sad: I posted my 30 Day Shred results in my blog so you can see my belly there. The shred definitely helped a lot so now I'm on to Ripped in 30. All the women who posted pics look amazing!!! I'm hoping to be able to post amazing pics by the end of the year!

do you have a link to ur blog? i am starting 30DS.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    all of the ladies who posted their pics look awesome!! i'm working on getting rid of my belly, but unfortunately I think mine will end up needing to be surgically removed. too much loose skin to tighten it all up, but i'm working on it!!
  • sanvanhaaften
    Options
    bump
  • rissasgunnadoit
    Options
    amazing job ladies!!!!!!!!!
  • clbowman11
    clbowman11 Posts: 117
    Options
    I will post when I have all my weight lost (: I have stretch marks that wrap all around my belly and to part of the back of my love handles. I have had to use a firming lotion as I lose weight. I've lost 6 lbs, unfortunately since I just started my account the ticker doesn't show that. lol. I had a c-section and I'm hoping I won't have to get a partial tummy tuck when I lose all my weight. I'm 21 but my stomach looks like I'm 90 especially if I suck in...so I'm hoping that's not what's to come when I've lost all my weight...That will be depressing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!