5'9 or taller women

Options

Replies

• TheBigBoots
    TheBigBoots Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0" and my initial goal was 155 (which I hit a few weeks back) but in the meantime, I tired out a bone size calculator that someone posted on the forums and learned that I actually have a small frame. That (unfortunately) puts my ideal weight down between 138 and 151 so I'm now shooting for 150 for now and seeing how things go from there. Much as it sucked to hear I still have a way to go, it actually made sense as I wasn't feeling I was where I wanted to be even at my initial goal weight.

If you want to check out the frame size calculator yourself, here it is:

http://health.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Frame-Size-Wrist

Good luck!
  • ssilvey726
    ssilvey726 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Posting in lieu of my girlfriend who is out right now. She is 6'1" and is looking to get to around 185 or so I think. But in reality, it's something that she will re-evaluate all the time as she gets closer to that. It's just very hard to predict how you will look at a certain weight as a female when you're fairly tall.
  • i_miss_donuts
    i_miss_donuts Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently 136 and about 20-21% BF. At my highest weight (preggo) I was over 200lbs and outweighed my hubby who is a skinny 6'5" :cry: . Spent some time in the 150s and 140s which was too big for my small frame - no muscle definition, double chin and squishy waist/bum. I like muscle and am aiming for 19%BF with clear muscle definition - I am guessing I will get there at around 132/133.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I am 5"9 and recently had a DEXA scan...and was given the ideal weight range of 169-173 pounds. That said by the time I get there (anothe 20 pounds to go) I will have lost in excess of 200 pounds and so part of it for me is excess skin (they told me at the DEXA scan prolly at least 10 pounds is excess skin) Also out of my 194 pound current weight 142 pounds is lean muscle mass so I have a very high lean mass. Interestingly enough I already get told to stop losing weight and that I am "too skinny" lol
  • gust1247
    gust1247 Posts: 23
    Options
    I am 5'10...currently weigh about 146' with 22.6% body fat last time I checked. My goal is around 130 to 135' but this is not set in stone. I have a small frame and don't naturally carry a lot of lean muscle, so even when I was down to 135 before, I was definitely "skinny-fat"
  • centralvicgirl
    centralvicgirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11'', currently 84kg (185 lb). My goal is to get to the very top of a healthy weight for my BMI - 80kg (176 lb).

Anything below that will be a bonus, but I won't be working madly for it. I am actually pretty happy with my current appearance, have spent a few months plateaued at this weight, am fitter than I've probably ever been, and am working on increasing my fitness by learning to run.

I still just have this niggling inner voice that wants to be declared 'healthy' (BMI-wise), even though healthy varies wildly from person to person, shape to shape.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 with a large, muscular frame. I'll probably stay at 180. Charts and doctors probably want me lower than that but I think I'll feel fine at 180.
  • gust1247
    gust1247 Posts: 23
    Options
    I am 5'11'', currently 84kg (185 lb). My goal is to get to the very top of a healthy weight for my BMI - 80kg (176 lb).

Anything below that will be a bonus, but I won't be working madly for it. I am actually pretty happy with my current appearance, have spent a few months plateaued at this weight, am fitter than I've probably ever been, and am working on increasing my fitness by learning to run.

I still just have this niggling inner voice that wants to be declared 'healthy' (BMI-wise), even though healthy varies wildly from person to person, shape to shape.

I wouldn't focus too much on bmi, as it is more of a general guideline and isn't individualized. If you feel good with where you are, your bmi may be too high, but you could have a lot of muscle. Personally, I would figure out body fat percentage and use that to determine whether or not you should lose any more.
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and aiming for 140 (i'm 159 now), I have a very small frame and 160 is just blah for me... I used to weigh 120 which was a bit too thin looking back on it.
  • EliRob
    EliRob Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and i am looking to get into the 160's!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't have a goal weight. I was 160, got down to 140... now I'm trying to bulk (gain muscle) and I'm not sure how high I want to go with that. Probably just up to 145-150lbs then go back down until I look hawt. Lol. I am 5'10" and have a small frame.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    6ft 2, large frame and I'd love to be a fit 185 pounds :)
  • strongandhealthy78
    strongandhealthy78 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Y'all are amazing!

At the doc's office, I found out that I am only 5'10" not 5'11" that I thought.
    According to the doctor's scale measuring thing, my goal weight is 173 lbs. That seems like a very very far off place for my current weight of 234.4. My current goal is to take each day at a time. I am currently at the lowest weight that I've been since late high school / early college and it feels a little weird to be so low - even though, I know that I still have a lot of weight to lose before I am super duper healthy.

Happy day to you!
  • DMV_Spicegirl
    Options
    Im 5'9.75" large frame Id like to achieve 185 as well. Im on my way
  • ndfeo2
    ndfeo2 Posts: 1
    Options
    Well I am 5'11 and I personally think that for me right around the 200 mark is perfect. That keeps me at a size 14/16 (depending on the maker of the clothes) and I look healthy. It seems to me if I start to loose anymore, my face starts to get to skinny and I kinda look like a skelton lol and it just isn't my observation...it was notice by a few friends and family too after I had lost 90 lbs after my divorce. Sadly 5 years later I have gained it almost all back. Although this time I didn't gain it out of sadness, but bc I have an amazing man and well he just loves me to much lol

I am slowly working on loosing it again. I am so sorry to hear you don't have a great support system. I also come from a "plus size" family. Both my grandmothers were 6 ft so unless you marry into the family...you arn't small lol So I don't ever picture myself being 150-170. It might happen, but I know I am a curvy girl and I will always be on the bigger side, but for me a healthy toned weight of 200 is where I would like to be again. I have always been "big" my whole live. I was 5'10 in the fifth grade, so I am use to being who I am. If you ever need anyone to talk to I am here! I understand where you come from. But i know you can do this and I think it is great to set a goal for yourself. I say just make little goals of 10lbs and just keep an eye on how you feel and look. If you get to a point where you look at yourself and say "hmmm I look a little to thin" .. then you know where your cut off mark is. I know it worked for me.

Good luck and Best wishes!!!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    5'11. Goal weight was 155. Did a bit of a back slide now sit at 144. It's the smallest I've ever been. I think somewhere between 150-155 is my "happy weight". I'm trying to put some weight back on now...
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" at about 138-140. I'm very happy with that.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11" and currently 163.5lbs.
    My goal is 155lbs, but that is my,"I will see when I get there," goal. It might change.
    I look pretty decent at this weight, so I am focusing a lot more on fitness goals.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    5' 10". Currently have goal weight of 180, which is my lowest adult weight -- I was that height and weight between 16 and probably 21. If I don't like where I am there, I can always shift it lower, but looking at old pics I was pretty good then. I also have a large frame, very broad shoulders, and tend to be muscular.
  • Tamarama28
    Options
    5'9 and goal is to be at 150. I used to weigh 250 lbs and lost 65, have sat at 185 for the last 6 years. Back on the band wagon have lost 4% BF and about 10 lbs and I have about 25 to go. Ultimate goal would be to weigh around the 140 mark but with all the weight training i have been doing I think 150 would be perfect with BF at around 18%.