Things you do now that you didn't think you'd do

Options

Replies

• jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd be drinking water and not coke.

^^^ This...i loved Mt. Dew...now..meh, it's ok. I don't really care to drink anything but water...im friggin shocked.
  • Tallblondechick
    Options
    Counting crackers. Not putting butter on the crackers....Never in my wildest dreams did I think this was possible. I can eat a sleeve of ritz with butter on each one without even thinking twice about it. Now I count 5 crackers and enjoy the flavor of each one, butter free.
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I never saw myself being interested in exercising faithfully. For an hour. Every day.

I also never thought I would measure my food the way my mother used to do...but you can bet I measure my milk and cereal every morning, as well as my fruits!

And as a plus to all of this...I never saw myself wearing a strapless mini-sundress on my honeymoon because I wasn't afraid of my body image anymore...but I did that anyways (with the approval and support of my husband).
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    ]

Me too. Last night I really wanted some sweet potato chips and made a conscious decision to eat them - over my daily calorie allowance but well inside my weekly.

This morning I woke up feeling gross from the fat.

I'd started skipping out on french fries and soda years ago. But I think my body is readjusting to even healthier food now.

If you ever find yourself in this situation again (as I do), try this: Slice up a sweet potato into chips or fries, spray with a light olive oil spray, lightly salt and bake (usually 375 or 400 degrees) until cooked through and starting to crisp. I like mine lightly crispy but go ahead and cook them til they're the consistency you like. Tons of nutrients and not terribly far from the original craving.
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    I actually REALLY DO - no kidding, no talking myself into it - think 95% of fast food is disgusting. Amazing how your tastes change!
    Are you sure that you replied to the right thread? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • KatM2014
    KatM2014 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I try to meet my 'macros' every day, I weigh everything, read the back of everything and I no longer eat 'one or two' sweets thinking that they don't matter!
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    Not care what the number is on the scales
    THIS IS MY FAVORITE ANSWER!! I'M JEALOUS!!
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I drink water now.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I measured the rum before tossing it in the glass.

Learned a little about myself at that moment too...my idea of an ounce is 4x the actual measurement. :noway:
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I used to Wake up every morning thinking about what is for dinner, Now I wake up and think about what type of exercise I am doing today.
  • MikMont
    MikMont Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I actually REALLY DO - no kidding, no talking myself into it - think 95% of fast food is disgusting. Amazing how your tastes change!

YES! I actually attempted to eat Wendy's last week and was disgusted after the first bite! (actually spit it out!!!) I was beside myself with confusion LOL!

It almost hurts me to type this but I can no longer eat Chick Fil A. lol. Its way too greasy!
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I never dreamed I would be able to wear a bikini and not feel self-conscious! It's just so freeing!!!
  • natpalit
    natpalit Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Love mushrooms, I used to hate them!
    Go running or swimming, just because I want to.
    Lift weights, freeweights that too!
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Wear shorts! I've long suffered through summer in jeans and other long pants because I hated the size of my thighs and all the wobbly-ness that went with them. I'm still about 20-25 from my ideal weight (technically only 15 from the original goal) and I bought two cute pairs of shorts to rock this summer. I've even worn them in public! 50 pounds, spin class, and the 30 day shred have done wonders for these former thunder thighs.

Looking forward to this day, I haven't worn shorts in 18 years!!!

I'm with you on this. Shorts is my next goal and I haven't worn them since junior high. That would be 16 years.

i feel you on this, i haven't worn shorts in a few years myself. i actually took them with me Tuesday, but unfortunately i was too chicken to put them on!! :(

Last summer was the first in a long time that I wore shorts in public. This year I'm wearing shorts and the occasional horizontally striped top. My rules for what I can and cannot wear have been completely transformed. Used to be tee shirts had to be long enough to cover my butt and a solid color.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I run, my warm up before exercising is a mile unless my exercise that day is a run. I can do 5K without having to slow down, and although I've run 10k it always involved a sprinkling in of walking to reign in my HR. I am slowing stretching that 5K longer. Once I can get to 10k straight I'll see what I can do to pickup a little speed.

I'm exercising every day. At least 30 mintues.

I'm looking forward to it cooling down just a little so I can run outside on my run days.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd be a person who worked out 6 days a week and enjoyed lifting. Weight training always felt very foreign to me until my then bf got me into it two summers ago. Also at the height of my eating disorder I never thought I'd manage to go without a binge for 6+ weeks in a row. But here I am.
  • smcfarlane88
    Options
    ME 2 I HAVE COMPLETELY CUT OUT SODA....AND I USE TO DRINK 4-8 SODAS A DAY
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    lifting. I resisted for so long. I was the elliptical queen. My husband would tease me that we should've just purchased an elliptical rather than pay a gym membership.

I felt so intimidated by the idea of just marching in the weight room part of the gym, (where the GUYS are).

I fought and tried to get to my goals through all cardio, all calorie restriction.

When I stopped struggling and fighting against it, and just did the damn thing, I realized......IT'S AWESOME.
  • Acidique
    Acidique Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I <3 this thread. *smile*

I never thought I'd wear sundresses in the summer, or tank tops, or skirts. I also never thought I could run a full mile, never mind an entire 5k. I remember the first time I tried running on a treadmill after I began changing my eating/activity habits. Before, I could hardly run for 30 seconds without thinking I'd have a heart attack. I tried it again that day, and when I looked down at the timer and saw 5 minutes had passed I burst into tears. I was floored. I couldn't believe it.

Now I can run 3-4 miles. I am slow, but I can do it. It still amazes me. Every time.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    change diapers.