Gain 15lbs in like a month! I met my goals daily 99% time!

Options
15678911»

Replies

• thecapaccino
    thecapaccino Posts: 138
    Options
    Day 3 lost - 0,2kg /0 ,5 lbs
    Day 4 lost - 0,6kg / ,1,7 lbs
    Day 5 lost - 0,9kg / 2 lbs

total weight loss doing LOW carbs is almost 4.5lbs in 5 days...am soo happy!!!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Not trying to put a downer on this but I expect the reason its dropping so fast is the same reason you gained so quickly: its not all fat.

That said - be consistent for the next few weeks and see what happens. Don't be surprised if the speed of loss decreases and on some days you see (temporary) gains.
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    From what I see your fat content is over. Making sure it is on or below is one way you can see a difference.
  • thecapaccino
    Options
    yes...I am trying to be realistic.....but i just feel great it is in moving in the right direction.

after a few weeks...i will not even weigh myself so often...just now trying to gauge it all.

thanks!
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    From what I see your fat content is over. Making sure it is on or below is one way you can see a difference.

Sunshine, she is doing Low Carb but her macros are obviously not set for the diet plan she is on.
    Why would you warn her about fat? What's wrong with fat?
  • thecapaccino
    Options
    does anyone know how i can SET MY MACROS....i hear people saying my carbs are too high...and protein too low...but havent a clue how to do it!
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    MY HOME - Goals - Change Goals
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    To change MACROS

MY HOME > GOALS > CHANGE GOALS > CUSTOM

You can change calories and activity settings too. I have my micros set at 40 carb, 30 fat, 30 protein. Works for me.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Nice job eating more food!

Amazing how this stuff works huh?!
  • k8ermarie
    k8ermarie Posts: 204
    Options
    I have been religiously sticking to my 1750 daily calorie goals to lose 1lb a week.

...I am sorry...but today after weeks I weighed myself...and after only 1 day going by a couple hundred calories...I have actually GAINED 15lbs last month!!!

I am gutted...and am not sure what to do.

I have been constantly eating less and gaining more and more weight.

Taken suggestions to drink more water....finally gaining more strength have started Aerobics...

I stared my weight at 107kg. I am now after like 4 weeks at 114kg! That is a gain of 7kg or almost 15lbs!

I am totally discouraged to eat less and exercise.

Has this happened to anyone else???

How could I have gained an average of 4lbs a WEEK...eating 1700calories a day at SEDENTARY lifestyle!

HOW HoW How???

Well according to the Harris Benedict Method. I have a Moderately Active Lifestyle and I am to eat 1600 cals per day. If you are sedentary you should be eating less calories. You have to set your calories low enough for you not to need to exercise. I eat more because my body needs it. I am very active. I do insanity 6 days a week.

You may need to lower your calories more. Check out my Blog for the instructions on how to come up with your calorie intake needs per Harris Benedict Method.
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    I see a ton of this kind of thing. You need to eat more to lose weight. Eat enough to keep your body burning the calories. The less you eat the more your body holds on to what you do eat. I set my goal at 1260, I exercise a lot and I eat back my calories. I am losing weight very fast. An average of 2.3 pounds a week. Just eat more. ;) Healthy foods, preferably,
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Do you have Insulin Resistance? If so high carbs/sugar could cause it.
    Portion control or lack thereof could have also caused it.
  • deejaycee114
    deejaycee114 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    how are your clothes fitting?? tighter?? looser?? maybe it's muscle? try measuring inches instead. i wish i could find a story someone posted in the forum a while back. the numbers on the scale didn't change much for this girl, but based on the photos she posted, she certainly lost some inches. she went from the dreaded F word to a muscle machine. awesome transormation!
  • gailashton
    gailashton Posts: 292
    Options
    Add some strength training to the mix, change your workouts. I've hit a wall many times and then all of a sudden it kicks in. Really look at what you are doing. Try to exercise in the morning even if it's just for 20 minutes before you put anything in your mouth, that way you are burning what's stored not what you've just eaten. Try to get another workout in later in the day even if it's 20 to 30 minutes of strength training and another 15 of cardio. I'm no expert, but I know what works for me and what I have been taught. Best of luck. It will happen. Don't get discouraged, keep the faith!
  • karae16
    karae16 Posts: 13 Member
    Options

How could I have gained an average of 4lbs a WEEK...eating 1700calories a day at SEDENTARY lifestyle!

HOW HoW How???

I also have a pretty sedentary lifestyle and when I entered all my stats MFP said that if I wanted to loose a pound a week I had to cut down my net calories to 1240 a day. If i was only looking to maintain my weight I would be eating 1740 a day- so make sure you actually have your numbers right is my suggestion. And make sure you're logging everything- drinks, condiments, etc... you might not be tracking everything you're actually eating
  • GypsySoul_74
    GypsySoul_74 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    This is when Jillian Michaels would say to get your thyroid check and talk to a doctor about other possible issues, like medications you are on.

Best of luck.

^^ totally agree. definitely have your doctor run some bloodwork and carefully evaluate any medications you're taking. i was on an antidepressant that usually causes weight LOSS--i gained 35 pounds in less than 4 months with no change to eating or exercise habits. (also, my hair and nails stopped growing, my skin got thin and dry, i was cold all the time and my energy levels completely tanked--turned out it was probably messing with my thyroid!)

before that, i had a hard time believing a medication could cause weight gain--but now i know that anything that changes the way your body functions internally can indirectly affect hormones and other biological mechanisms related to weight. i got off of the medication i was on, and although it took some time for my body chemistry to get back to normal, i am now slowly but steadily losing weight :)
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    1750, if you really are sedentary, is quite a lot. Where did you get this figure from?