Shooting @ Batman Movie Premeire

Options
12345679»

Replies

• emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I don't understand this so called constitutional right to arm yourself with a gun. It seems obvious the more guns there are in a society the more likely these tragedies are to occur. Those who think guns are not an issue are kidding themselves. Do they think carrying a gun makes them safer?

How can more guns in society= more tragedies???? It's common sense... someone who wants to cause harm to others whether in a business or whatever has a better chance of causing mass amount of harm to a place that has a "No concealed weapons" sign on their front door....vs a potential criminal shooting up a business that accepts concealed carry. Concealed carry is meant for those to protect themselves against tragedies like what happened in colorado. carrying a gun(with the proper training, license, and knowledge) DEFINITELY will make you safer. you never kno when something tragic is going to happen.... this just proves it can make you safer-although the people in the theater couldn't see through the tear gas, you never kno...maybe if the theater allowed concealed carry a lot less people could have been killed... (yes, i do understand he had gear on and it may have been hard to kill him)
  • emilynicole02
    Options
    Wasn't there a city where they decided to give every home a gun, and the town was gun-related death free for 25 years?

THANK YOU! someone has common sense!
  • emilynicole02
    Options
    They can make gun laws as tight as they want. That will NOT stop bad people from getting guns. If they want them, they will always have a way to find them. All restricting gun laws does is make it harder for us good citizens who could protect our selves and others more difficult for us to do that exact thing.

guns seldom protect people. and i never once said it stops "bad" people from getting guns. but it does prevent, or makes it much more difficult, for someone like this batman shooter to acquire as much weaponry as he did. i honestly doubt someone like this would be able to acquire the weaponry he did here in canada. we have a lot of gang violence, but no one comes out firing the rounds that were fired at this event. it is such a tragedy.

and how do we know that he didn't "acquire" this ammunition over time???? nobody said he bought it in one sitting. i have a TON of ammo sitting in my house, that was bought over time and not all at once..just saying
  • emilynicole02
    Options
    guns seldom protect people. and i never once said it stops "bad" people from getting guns. but it does prevent, or makes it much more difficult, for someone like this batman shooter to acquire as much weaponry as he did. i honestly doubt someone like this would be able to acquire the weaponry he did here in canada. we have a lot of gang violence, but no one comes out firing the rounds that were fired at this event. it is such a tragedy.

your right, guns seldom did protect people...thats bc the law to bare arms JUST passed.... if you were to have protected yourself with a gun before the law was passed your *kitten* would be nailed to the wall for using a gun -- EVEN THOUGH you were "protecting" yourself.... do you realize how many cases have went through the court systems where people are finally LEGALLY able to protect themselves and it saved their life, BECAUSE they could use a gun?????
  • cally69
    cally69 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    There is flawed logic at work here. In the UK knife crime has been a problem in recent years especially among kids who feel the only way to 'protect' themselves is to carry a knife. The resultant effect is an upwards spiral of violence until it becomes the norm to carry a knife. I would be afraid to live in a society where carrying guns is the norm.
  • emilynicole02
    Options
    There is flawed logic at work here. In the UK knife crime has been a problem in recent years especially among kids who feel the only way to 'protect' themselves is to carry a knife. The resultant effect is an upwards spiral of violence until it becomes the norm to carry a knife. I would be afraid to live in a society where carrying guns is the norm.

what your saying makes sense but you are talking about knives vs guns...anybody can acquire a knife even kids. not to mention how cheap knives are. it takes a lot more to get your hands on a gun let alone afford one. the law to conceal carry requires background checks, proper certification to obtain the permit. to conceal carry allows people to protect themselves legally against those who do it unlawfully.
  • Missdjslim
    Missdjslim Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think we all want to know why....and I also think there's never going to be an answer that's sufficient to that question.

Who dyes his hair red like the joker and 'storms' a theater of vulnerable men, women and children..babies?

Some lunatic. that's all.

It was all very planned, very calculated and absolutely horrific.

It's not like this was some 'ne'er do well up to no good...this was a student, a college graduate who made a decision one

day to put this together....absolutely sadistic .....was he insane? Definitely not. Cold, ruthless and calculating..you betcha.

I have no doubt at all that after the court proceedings, he will be killed in prison.

God bless those poor people who lost their lives or will live forever with the memory of the horror of that night.
  • emilynicole02
    Options
    I think we all want to know why....and I also think there's never going to be an answer that's sufficient to that question.

Who dyes his hair red like the joker and 'storms' a theater of vulnerable men, women and children..babies?

Some lunatic. that's all.

It was all very planned, very calculated and absolutely horrific.

It's not like this was some 'ne'er do well up to no good...this was a student, a college graduate who made a decision one

day to put this together....absolutely sadistic .....was he insane? Definitely not. Cold, ruthless and calculating..you betcha.

I have no doubt at all that after the court proceedings, he will be killed in prison.

God bless those poor people who lost their lives or will live forever with the memory of the horror of that night.

Before I saw what I am going to say I want to let everyone know that I am very sorry for those that were lost in this tragic event. My heart is saddened by what has happened and I hope me or my family/friends never have to experience something like they all did.....

now.... you say it was very well planned, very calculated...you are completely right because it was very thought out and planned. but was it by holmes, or someone else? take a look at this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nJg-U7LDuuY

...does this look like someone that just went on a rampage and knew what he was doing because he "wanted" to OR does it look like someone who has no idea of who they are, where they are, or what they did?

"James Holmes, the suspected shooter in last week's movie theater massacre, has told his Colorado jailers he doesn't know why he's locked behind bars, the Daily News reports." <--- an insert from an article in the Daily News Report.

how can an unemployed, college student drop out, afford $3,000+ in gear, weapons, and ammo plus outfit his apartment with booby traps that apparently looked like it was done by a military professional?

why did the government lock all of his public educational files and records? why does the government keep changing the story? witnesses from the movie theater are saying there were two people involved and two gas maskes and the police are saying there is only ONE person and ONE gas mask? I would think the witnesses would know what really happened considering they were the ones AT the theater when it was all happening!!

All of a sudden after the shooting a mysterious box without a return address shows up at the college Holmes attended...a professor from the school suspected it was from Holmes--turns out it had nothing to do with the case... then all of a sudden they "find" another unaddressed package in the mail room of the school which contained the notebook that Holmes allegedly wrote about how he was going to shoot people in a movie theater..

as adolph hitler stated in 1933, "To conquer a nation, first disarm it's citizens"
    as Benjamin Franklin said, “Never trust a government that doesn’t trust its own citizens with guns.”

after this shooting all you are hearing about is how we need to take guns away to stop stuff like this from happening.

just so happens the government was trying to pass the UN Gun Treaty before this shooting happened... what a way to push it through.

sounds to me like someone is trying to cover their tracks!