Overnight Oats...why didn't I do this sooner?!

Options

Replies

• dntworribhappi
    dntworribhappi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the Raspberry Vanilla. The Chia seeds are a definite must. Most natural food stores carry them. I found the recipes here (there are several!) http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal Enjoy!
  • MegdKel
    MegdKel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump bump! can't wait to try these!
  • oliviadaughter
    Options
    I was discussing these frig oatmeals at work today. I think I will try them, I love my regular oatmeal every morning this could be as good or better.
  • moopachoo
    moopachoo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bumping for later use!!
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Tried it and liked it except the yogurt is a little tart for me...anyway to reduce that?
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Bumpin
  • iLuvJohnny
    iLuvJohnny Posts: 51
    Options
    Can the chocolate whey powder be substituted for something else, like cocoa powder? I'm severely allergic to milk, so I wouldn't be able to use it, but I want to try this recipe.
  • di2losew8
    di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    What kind of oatmeal are you all using....I need exact directions on this. I saw some say rolled and some say steel and some say quick ???? I am really anxious to try this!
  • mammacano
    mammacano Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Totally bumping for later!
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    How long does it have to be kept in the fridge for before you can eat it? I forgot to make some last night and really want to try it today.
  • nsmpal
    nsmpal Posts: 11
    Options
    Add a tbp.of chia seeds- delicious!
  • Slimmasaurus
    Slimmasaurus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Bump for tasty eatings later!
  • cugglybear
    cugglybear Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like the sound of this!
  • chellly
    chellly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love refrigerator oatmeal! My favorite is to mix in the Chocolate PB2 and I use a bit of almond milk, plain greek yogurt, oats, and stevia to sweeten a bit. It's fantastic.
  • AllisonB145
    AllisonB145 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • wedjul05
    wedjul05 Posts: 472
    Options
    How am I only hearing about this now??!!!!!!!!!! Totally goin' to try this this weekend.

I love porridge but it's a bit hot (well Irish hot! ) to be eating hot porridge. Excited to try this now, bit bored of my shredded wheat with banana/blueberry mix! Thanks
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!!!!!!!
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • xtravisfx
    xtravisfx Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    must try for tomorrow morning.
  • SaraWo24
    SaraWo24 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet (there are a lot of posts!), but Kath from Kath Eats Real Food (katheats.com) LOVES overnight oats and is always posting recipes. She has a special "tribute to oatmeal" section on her blog too...so funny :)

Check it out though, I bet you can find at least 10 recipes you like ;)