Best Advice Ever Given

Options

Replies

• dbriggs9
    dbriggs9 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Follow your true heart...

I always thought it was a corny saying until I actually followed through with it :-)
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    If you have no expectations (of others) then there will be no disappointments.
  • quietattheback
    quietattheback Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    "Telling someone they can’t be sad because other people have it worse is like telling someone they can’t be happy because other people are happier than they are.”

brilliant :-)
  • jacenkoj
    jacenkoj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    "The Pain Of Discipline Is Far Less Than The Pain Of Regret ". Was a life changer for me when I saw this on the wall at my Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu academy.
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    ok in all seriousness the best advice i've ever gotten is to "take care of yourself because no one else will." Also recognizing that US culture breeds, approves, and praises people that DON'T practice self-care so I need to work even harder at it.
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    "Seventy-five percent of the people you meet in this world don't like you and never will. Focus on the other 25%."
    - One of my high school teachers
  • nikki_mar
    nikki_mar Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    "hide your kids, hide your wife"

Okay, I just burst out laughing in a quiet office!
  • nikki_mar
    nikki_mar Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It took me 10 years to love and appreciate myself for who I really am. I'm not giving anyone that much time to come to the same conclusion about me.
  • auntchelle11
    auntchelle11 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Don't get sad, get mad...then get even with the scale
  • Naytahlee
    Naytahlee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My dad taught me, "Your word is all you have, dont lie and dont make promises you cant keep." Another favorite "Dont lend money you cant afford to live without."

One I had to pass on to my son, engrained it in him. "You may not always be able to control the situations you're put into, but you can control how you react. You are responsible for your actions."
  • SeanNJ
    SeanNJ Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Never assume that someone has placed your best interests ahead of their own.

It's cynical, but you'll never be unpleasantly surprised by someone else's actions.
  • mazie61
    mazie61 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings and emotions- Will Smith

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle- Plato

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." Einstein

"You must be the change that you wish to see in the world." Ghandi

Everybody is rejected by somebody, and nobody is accepted by everybody. ( ?)
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    " is this the hill you want to die on"
  • kreuzen
    kreuzen Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My mother told me that you can't really ever focus/love/dedicate yourself to another without first doing it for yourself.

She was right. :)

My mother told me something like this as well. :smile: It's a very true statement.
  • M3l1s5a
    M3l1s5a Posts: 69
    Options
    Change happens when "If" becomes "When".
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    "Don't over think it.....keep it simple stupid!" :)

^ Yep, I K-I-S-S everything!
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    In a time in my life where I was constantly comparing myself to other people, never feeling good enough, my best friend at the time said, "Figure out what YOUR style is, and perfect THAT."

Revolutionized how I thought about myself, and still impacts me to this day!
  • dbriggs9
    dbriggs9 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    "Seventy-five percent of the people you meet in this world don't like you and never will. Focus on the other 25%."
    - One of my high school teachers

love it!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    You can think whatever you want... just don't say it.