Replies

• scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Prune juice...seriously!
  • bholmes21
    bholmes21 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have stomach issues, some Aloe Juice helps a LOT!
    Lots of Water! LOTS!
    Less processed foods -- more whole foods helps me too.

Feel better!
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    fiber and yogurt. No bananas...they are like buttputty.

Buttputty. I love it. <3
  • calitravelingal
    Options
    I know this has been true of me in the past and maybe it applies to you too. I looked over your diary and you consume several items of dairy daily. Now all in all that's a good thing, but for some people (me included) if I get a little too much cheese or other dairy products it backs me up a bit. You might try going a day or two with out any dairy, in the mean time get something like that tea suggested, coffee or an over the counter stool softener to help eleviate the problem.
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Cod liver oil capsules? That is not why I take them, but they do seem to improve my digestive systems efficiency. Not just in that way, but also my stomach doesn't feel all hard anymore which I'm presuming is a good thing.
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Can you add fiber to your diary for visibility?
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Girly, you need some fiber!!! More fiber, lots of water, being active...these all help. If you have a lazy bowel, then try to get some sort of fiber drink with psyllium to get 'er moving. Either that or eat a WHOLE bag of sugar free Hershey's chocolate. The laxative effect will be enough to clear you to your eyeballs...(take it from someone who learned the hard way) :embarassed:
  • JoeiC78
    JoeiC78 Posts: 13
    Options
    As a nurse I would say make sure you are drinking alot of water. Also make sure you are getting fiber in your diet and are you taking a multi-vitamin. Just few thing off the top of my head however I agree that opening your food diary would help so we can see what u r eating.
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    A cup of coffee always gets me going! Drink it black if you can stand it.... I keep fiber one stuff around the house just in case =))) Hope you get some relief soon!!!
  • JoeiC78
    JoeiC78 Posts: 13
    Options
    Yup cheese does cause constipation.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    increase your fiber in take, and in doing that you MUST drink a lot of water. If you're dehydrated, fiber will just solidify and clog ya up!
  • 512cheangela
    512cheangela Posts: 133
    Options
    I can count how many real fruits and vegetables you've had this week on one hand. I'm surprised you poop at all after eating all that processed crap.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I have had this problem on and off for years, the only thing that keeps it going is exercise daily, drink at least 8 cups of water daily and track your fiber be sure your getting what you need!
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Go to your Doctor, if you don't have a bowel movement for a certain length of time part of your bowel can die. Don't let it go any longer! Fibre Fibre Fibre!! Water, Water, Water!! lol
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Dried apricots. But make sure you're at home when you eat them as they don't take too long to work lol :laugh:
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    How much water do you drink? For me, drinking tons of water, organic strawberries, trader joe's mini fiber cake, weight lifting all work like magic. :)
  • nursenessa1
    nursenessa1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    If you consume fiber without enough water, it becomes like concrete.
    If you have eaten like a pig and now eat smaller it will take a while for your gut to readjust from being stretched out.
    Taking a fiber supplement like Konsyl is a fabulous idea for people with poop problems. Mix it with orange juice or buy the tang flavor. Not only does fiber lower cholesterol, it absorbs fat in your food.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,801 Member
    Options
    coffe actually works for people??? Im a coffee aholic, and it doesnt help me one bit :( smooth move tea once a month sure does though lol
  • tiffanysbjta
    Options
    I have this same problem. Maybe you need a little more fiber in your diet?
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    coffe actually works for people??? Im a coffee aholic, and it doesnt help me one bit :( smooth move tea once a month sure does though lol

Yeah I often hear this in real life from my friends and co-workers. You, probably like me, have alreayd built up the tolerance so it doesn't work that way any more. :)