New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    You folks sure do know your treats! I love this thread.
    Any suggestions for salted caramel treats? I have some restrictions...live in the US, Midwest. Mainly shop at Kroger but have Target, Meijer. And I'm cheap/broke. I've tried: (in salted caramel flavor)
    Luna protein- yum! Never on sale and sold out when it is.
    Chobani flips- just okay, rarely on sale
    Fage crossovers-my FAVORITE! Same as Luna bars above
    Arctic Zone-pretty bleh and I'm just not a huge ice cream fan
    Think thin-somewhat satisfying but pricey.

I looked for the salted caramel Noosa at Target. The nearest store that carries it is 35 miles away. I'll look when I'm out that way.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    Any suggestions for salted caramel treats? I have some restrictions...live in the US, Midwest. Mainly shop at Kroger but have Target, Meijer. And I'm cheap/broke. I've tried: (in salted caramel flavor)

I looked for the salted caramel Noosa at Target. The nearest store that carries it is 35 miles away. I'll look when I'm out that way.

Talenti Sea Salt Caramel
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Next time I go to Giant I will have to look for these.

29670731686_baca73f98a_z.jpg?resize=640%2C347&ssl=1

Also found at Stop & Shop.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

Talenti Sea Salt Caramel

Haagan Dazs sea salt caramel gelato is to die for.
    Also, Starbucks has the best salted caramel mocha, but beware, both of those things are loaded with calories!

Darn it that's where I was today and I didn't see these!!! If you try them let me know what you think!

In other news, I tried the pumpkin spice twinkie. I love it so much!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    pv8mjc4rj4zg.jpg
    getting this... kinda scared lol

I got a bunch of these again this year. Always have been a fan of the pumpkin flips.

I can't remember if I bought this one last year?

So far my favorite pumpkin yogurt is Noosa Pumpkin, Dannon Light & Fit Pumpkin Pie, & The Yoplait Pumpkin Cheesecake.

I love the pumpkin Noosa. Even more so if I mix some pumpkin spice Cheerios into it for the crunch factor. Picked up some of the Pumpkin Pie Dannon today. I haven't had that one yet so I have high hopes!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Omg twinkies are really getting on the pumpkin bandwagon....another flavor. I am tempted to try them all lol 29101487154_46bb19b4b4_z.jpg?resize=640%2C435&ssl=1

Let us know what you think if you buy it.
  • dragon_girl26
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

Talenti Sea Salt Caramel

Haagan Dazs sea salt caramel gelato is to die for.
    Also, Starbucks has the best salted caramel mocha, but beware, both of those things are loaded with calories!

Darn it that's where I was today and I didn't see these!!! If you try them let me know what you think!

In other news, I tried the pumpkin spice twinkie. I love it so much!

I'll second the Haagen Dazs suggestion...I have some of it in my freezer and it is delicious!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Arctic Zone or Arctic Zero?

Don't confuse that disgusting freezer burn for delicious ice cream. Talenti was really good, but pricey.

This came out for Christmas last year, but Krogers released Ms. Thinster sea salt caramel cookies. I bought as many bags as I could after the holidays and went nuts over them.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    dqgsazoypqhb.jpg
    just got this instantpot. i bought the 8quart not thinking about how insanely huge it is.. not sure if i should exchange it for a smallwr one
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    dqgsazoypqhb.jpg
    just got this instantpot. i bought the 8quart not thinking about how insanely huge it is.. not sure if i should exchange it for a smallwr one

Keep it. Bigger is always better when it comes to pots, in my experience. It's a lot easier to cook a 6qt recipe in an 8qt pot, than to do the opposite.

Also, I'm one of those people that splits a can of soup. Who eats a whole can? Too much salt! Me and whoever I'm splitting the soup with usually have a half-sandwich or a small salad with it. :)
  • fishshark
    Options
    dqgsazoypqhb.jpg

Keep it. Bigger is always better when it comes to pots, in my experience. It's a lot easier to cook a 6qt recipe in an 8qt pot, than to do the opposite.

Also, I'm one of those people that splits a can of soup. Who eats a whole can? Too much salt! Me and whoever I'm splitting the soup with usually have a half-sandwich or a small salad with it. :)

i was thinking its probably okay having the bigger one but maaaan i have NO WHERE to store this thing haha i already have so many kitchen gadgets. i wonder how little of an item i can make in it. like if i cAn make two servings of rice in it or if its too big.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

Arctic Zone or Arctic Zero?

Don't confuse that disgusting freezer burn for delicious ice cream. Talenti was really good, but pricey.

This came out for Christmas last year, but Krogers released Ms. Thinster sea salt caramel cookies. I bought as many bags as I could after the holidays and went nuts over them.

I can't remember what Arctic it was. I just don't really enjoy ice cream (too cold) that much but now I feel like I should run, not walk and buy Talenti and Haagen Daas.
    I will keep my eye on the Thinster display. Just checked it yesterday.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH everyone. I appreciate all of your suggestions!
    Happy eating!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    well I found diet mello yello.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    dqgsazoypqhb.jpg

Yeah my 6quart is a tight fit to even steam one head of cauliflower!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    dqgsazoypqhb.jpg
    Just depends on how much you would normally cook.

It's nicer if you want to roast larger chickens. My family steams corn cobs a lot. I would offer to do it in the 6 quart, but the cobs just wouldnt fit

• xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    It's not exactly new [well, it's new to this area since an Aldi opened up last Wednesday] but the Friendly Farms greek yogurts caught my eye, mainly because they have 1/3 the sodium that the Kroger-brand greek yogurt has.
  • fishshark
    Options
    dqgsazoypqhb.jpg

It's nicer if you want to roast larger chickens. My family steams corn cobs a lot. I would offer to do it in the 6 quart, but the cobs just wouldnt fit

Francl27 wrote: »
    dqgsazoypqhb.jpg

its funny because the actual container that you put food in isnt huge same as one of my crock pots but size of the entite thing is huge! i just wana be able to make both large and small quantities of things. probably cant make a 1/2 cup of rice in it lol!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    dqgsazoypqhb.jpg

dqgsazoypqhb.jpg

its funny because the actual container that you put food in isnt huge same as one of my crock pots but size of the entite thing is huge! i just wana be able to make both large and small quantities of things. probably cant make a 1/2 cup of rice in it lol!

That's odd, I can easily make 1 cup of rice in there! And I have the small/cheap one.
  • fishshark
    Options
    dqgsazoypqhb.jpg

dqgsazoypqhb.jpg

That's odd, I can easily make 1 cup of rice in there! And I have the small/cheap one.

i havent tried it i was just assuming its too big to make small batches!
  • dragon_girl26
    Options
    Omg twinkies are really getting on the pumpkin bandwagon....another flavor. I am tempted to try them all lol 29101487154_46bb19b4b4_z.jpg?resize=640%2C435&ssl=1

I wonder if Hostess is slow to roll things out this year. I've checked many major stores and smaller chains in my area looking for the caramel apple cupcakes and pumpkin spice twinkies, only to come away empty handed. I can trip over all of the Little Debbie displays, but Hostess? Only cobwebs..sigh..