New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    kirstenb13 wrote: »

Speaking of weird flavors for yogurt has anyone found this one yet?

http://usa.fage/yogurts/fage-crossovers#carrot-ginger-pistachios

Every store I look at has the more normal sounding flavors.

I have that flavor in my fridge but I'm too scared to eat it :)
    In my area these weird flavors are unfortunately way more common than the very yummy sweet ones and so I decided to give it a try, but haven't felt like eating it since....

Eating the tomato basil crossover at the moment. It's good. Tasty and even has a slight zing. Super weird though. My brain just thinks something is wrong, lots of cognitive dissonance going on right now. :smiley:
    http://usa.fage/yogurts/fage-crossovers#tomato-basil-almonds

ETA: Could not eat more than a few bites. This would be good in place of mayo when using panko breading on fish or chicken. Just not eating it by the spoonful.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    qt6d8vzx385u.jpeg

New Halo Top flavors on the horizon?

Please keep us updated, this I would be VERY interested in! 360 seemed high at first compared to what I'm used to with them, but then I remember Englightened ice cream pints and that's not bad!

I do have some insider information that I can't reveal, but what I CAN say is that they have a few things up their sleeve.

All these Ben & Jerry's pumpkin posts are killing me I REALLY hope some of these things up their sleeve consists of a pumpkin pie flavor, red velvet, and various others xD
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

I saw that! But if there is still peanuts... meh.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    evesmom2 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    evesmom2 wrote: »
    3fxdaq4ks1eh.jpg

Never had this company before today but I bought this when Shoprite had it on sale about a week or so ago. It's actually really, really good! Very comparable to Haagan Dazs sea salt caramel flavor gelato I've been addicted to (only it's a ton less calories and apparently better for you)! Really interested in trying their other flavors now, has anyone here tried any?

I've had the salted carmel, buttered pecan, and chocolate. I like them all. IMO much better than Artic Zero and better than Halo.

Better than Halo Top - SACRILEGE!

Yeah and to be fair, you can't really compare 240 calories a pint with 800 calories a pint ice cream either, lol.

I wish Halo Top came in more flavors! Shop Rite only carries 4 (when they're in stock), 2 of which I don't care for. And yeah... $6 a pint. Sigh.

The Thrive Salted Carmel is 150/83 grams. 4 servings per pint so only 600 not 800

That's for the no sugar added salted caramel, I bought the regular version which has 200 calories per serving.

Today I tried a sample of these and they were really good! About 30 calories per bite so not terrible, as long as you don't eat too many which I would. >.>
    l18isf5awvav.jpg

I would probably eat the entire bag...

Yeah, me too. LOL
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    http://www.onsecondscoop.com/2016/07/the-curious-creamery-ice-cream-mix.html

This looks interesting. You can make your own ice cream flavors. I can't seem to find the nutrition facts anywhere though but I would like to try this.
  • hgycta
    Options
    http://www.onsecondscoop.com/2016/07/the-curious-creamery-ice-cream-mix.html

This looks interesting. You can make your own ice cream flavors. I can't seem to find the nutrition facts anywhere though but I would like to try this.

Hahahaha you can see my comment asking him for a picture of the nutritional label and he said he's upload it later, guess that never happened xD I recall seeing the ice cream cake mix in Walmart but I didn't really look at it. I would much rather try the pints, but haven't seen them and have no clue what the calories are! If you find out please let us know!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I FINALLY found the Mexican chocolate noosa after weeks of hunting for it! Has anyone else tried it?
  • hgycta
    Options
    v0pubdy2rymy.jpg

Had this sitting around for a while and just tried it, very impressed! It's ThinSlim foods pasta which has 65 calories per serving and doesn't require any sort of refrigeration thank goodness. If you're looking for a low calorie/low carb pasta but hate wet shirataki noodles which taste nothing like pasta this may be something you should check out. Slightly more calories, but not nearly as many as real pasta and honestly it will sit like a rock in your stomach! 300 calories and I'm still full three hours later. Ton of fiber though so some people have have an issue digesting. Compared to pasta it's more dense and of course isn't identical, but if you're looking for a filler food to battle a ravenous appetite it's a good investment! Cooking suggestion is 2-3 minutes but it was pretty firm still so if you like softer noodles you may want to keep it in the water longer. Wish it wasn't so much money though, but Lindasdietdelites.com and ThinSlim occasionally emails good coupons!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    v0pubdy2rymy.jpg

Had this sitting around for a while and just tried it, very impressed! It's ThinSlim foods pasta which has 65 calories per serving and doesn't require any sort of refrigeration thank goodness. If you're looking for a low calorie/low carb pasta but hate wet shirataki noodles which taste nothing like pasta this may be something you should check out. Slightly more calories, but not nearly as many as real pasta and honestly it will sit like a rock in your stomach! 300 calories and I'm still full three hours later. Ton of fiber though so some people have have an issue digesting. Compared to pasta it's more dense and of course isn't identical, but if you're looking for a filler food to battle a ravenous appetite it's a good investment! Cooking suggestion is 2-3 minutes but it was pretty firm still so if you like softer noodles you may want to keep it in the water longer. Wish it wasn't so much money though, but Lindasdietdelites.com and ThinSlim occasionally emails good coupons!

Where did you get it?
  • joans1976
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    kirstenb13 wrote: »

Speaking of weird flavors for yogurt has anyone found this one yet?

http://usa.fage/yogurts/fage-crossovers#carrot-ginger-pistachios

Every store I look at has the more normal sounding flavors.

I have that flavor in my fridge but I'm too scared to eat it :)
    In my area these weird flavors are unfortunately way more common than the very yummy sweet ones and so I decided to give it a try, but haven't felt like eating it since....

Eating the tomato basil crossover at the moment. It's good. Tasty and even has a slight zing. Super weird though. My brain just thinks something is wrong, lots of cognitive dissonance going on right now. :smiley:
    http://usa.fage/yogurts/fage-crossovers#tomato-basil-almonds

ETA: Could not eat more than a few bites. This would be good in place of mayo when using panko breading on fish or chicken. Just not eating it by the spoonful.

Thank you for this! I am in LOVE with the caramel honey almond but it's more of a treat. I've never been brave enough to pick up some of the savory (?) flavors. Olive oil yogurt? No thank you. I always eye the savory flavors and wonder but now I know and what a great idea in place of mayo! Thanks!
  • hgycta
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    v0pubdy2rymy.jpg

Where did you get it?

I ordered it from Lindasdietdelites.com, I don't believe anything from ThinSlim Foods is sold in stores and I like their breads too so I usually get them there since it lets me combine shipping with other brands. I had a 50% off coupon in an email for these, but they send a bunch of good coupons if you wait you may be able to score a free one!
  • joans1976
    Options
    @CooCooPuff
    Thank you! I'll keep my eye on the Thinsters!
  • hgycta
    Options
    qt6d8vzx385u.jpeg

Please keep us updated, this I would be VERY interested in! 360 seemed high at first compared to what I'm used to with them, but then I remember Englightened ice cream pints and that's not bad!

I do have some insider information that I can't reveal, but what I CAN say is that they have a few things up their sleeve.

All these Ben & Jerry's pumpkin posts are killing me I REALLY hope some of these things up their sleeve consists of a pumpkin pie flavor, red velvet, and various others xD

All I can say is that I am VERY excited!

Not even a hint? Do you realize how hard this is!? Can you at least give me an idea of how long I have to wait until I find out???
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Holy crap @ that fiber count! You better set aside some time in your day if you're going to eat that. LOL
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    v0pubdy2rymy.jpg

Where did you get it?

I ordered it from Lindasdietdelites.com, I don't believe anything from ThinSlim Foods is sold in stores and I like their breads too so I usually get them there since it lets me combine shipping with other brands. I had a 50% off coupon in an email for these, but they send a bunch of good coupons if you wait you may be able to score a free one!

You can get it online. Kind of pricey for what you get me thinks. $15CDN
    Check out the nutrition on this thing. Hello fiber lol :)

netr-thinslim-foods-impastable-fettuccine-8oz-2_grande.jpg?v=1448060342

Oh wow that's crazy expensive.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    v0pubdy2rymy.jpg

Where did you get it?

You can get it online. Kind of pricey for what you get me thinks. $15CDN
    Check out the nutrition on this thing. Hello fiber lol :)

netr-thinslim-foods-impastable-fettuccine-8oz-2_grande.jpg?v=1448060342

Oh wow that's crazy expensive.

I agree, in USD it's $7.99 on Lindasdietdelites.com but again, if you subscribe to their emails like I did I believe they have a free coupon code somewhere for it. If not, you can always try other things and make this a rare splurge purchase for yourself, but I do recommend it. Chocorite sells some really good peanut butter cups on here and if you use the code Chocolite I know you get a free 6 pack. "Pancake" is also the code for Linda's brand high protein, low calorie pancake which was pretty good too and huge! "SamplerPackLDD" is for 50% off ThinSlim Food's sampler pack and a rotini version of this pasta is included but only one code is allowed per order. Shipping usually isn't too bad for me since I live close to New Jersey (I'm in Maryland), but I'm not sure about shipping further from them. Their website also sells Simply Scrumptous products which are currently sold out but are TOTALLY worth getting, their brownies and coffee cakes are seriously out of this world. ThinSlim, while I like their glazed cookies, don't really have the best tasting brownies or squares they're very weird tasting.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    qt6d8vzx385u.jpeg

All I can say is that I am VERY excited!

Not even a hint? Do you realize how hard this is!? Can you at least give me an idea of how long I have to wait until I find out???

I'm in for trying new Halo Top.

So far I've only tried the Birthday Cake.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Went to David's natural market and noticed quite a bit of "interesting" things... Didn't get any of them, but I was wondering if anyone here has tried them? The cashewtopia ice cream especially caught my attention, but I'm curious if the peanut butter is any good or not? Didn't want to spend a bunch of money and be disappointed!
    k2zixnqitdu5.jpg
    eusakx0tzpdy.jpg
    8iw1kbevtn74.jpg
    8tlxtusw7dbc.jpg