New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Today at Giant I Bought Enlightened Sea Salt Caramel and Brownie/Cookie Dough. They had Mint, Triple Chocolate, and Peanut Butter. What did everyone think of the last three I mentioned.

Wasn't crazy at all about the brownie, the sea salt caramel isn't bad, but if you really want a good first impression try the cookie dough first it's delicious and has plenty of cookie dough pieces!

Out of those you've mentioned, I would choose Triple Chocolate, Mint, then Peanut Butter. The peanut butter is kind of boring and (to me at least) hardly tastes like peanut butter and the chocolate chips just get downright annoying. The mint is really good, but nothing at all compares to the Triple Chocolate out of those. Girl to girl, save the Triple Chocolate for PMS xD

Also, be sure to let these pints thaw at room temperature for a good while before you eat them. Usually I thaw Halo Top for about 10 minutes or so and that's plenty, but Enlightened I thaw for 30 minutes (sometimes more, and sometimes I throw them in the microwave for 10 seconds after this)!

Thanks for your the reviews! I'm not a huge peanut butter fan in general so I'm glad I asked here first. The only peanut butter ice cream/gelato I've tried that I love is Talenti's Peanut Butter Pretzel.

Eventually I'll have to try the Triple Chocolate, but I better cool it for awhile since I bought those & more of the Halo Top Birthday Cake.

Does anyone know if Wegman's carries Enlightened in case I ever get there to find the rest of the flavors?

32343067673_62174cdcc8_z.jpg?resize=640%2C457&ssl=1

http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2017/02/28/spotted-on-shelves-duncan-hines-perfect-size-for-1-mixes/

I bought the Confetti Cake & Caramel Cake

If these are good I might buy the Brownie & there was a Cookies & Cream flavor. I found these in an action alley at my local Wal-Mart.

I WAS JUST COMING TO POST ON THESE LOL! I want to try confetti cake and carrot! How many calories in one ?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Today at Giant I Bought Enlightened Sea Salt Caramel and Brownie/Cookie Dough. They had Mint, Triple Chocolate, and Peanut Butter. What did everyone think of the last three I mentioned.

Wasn't crazy at all about the brownie, the sea salt caramel isn't bad, but if you really want a good first impression try the cookie dough first it's delicious and has plenty of cookie dough pieces!

Out of those you've mentioned, I would choose Triple Chocolate, Mint, then Peanut Butter. The peanut butter is kind of boring and (to me at least) hardly tastes like peanut butter and the chocolate chips just get downright annoying. The mint is really good, but nothing at all compares to the Triple Chocolate out of those. Girl to girl, save the Triple Chocolate for PMS xD

Also, be sure to let these pints thaw at room temperature for a good while before you eat them. Usually I thaw Halo Top for about 10 minutes or so and that's plenty, but Enlightened I thaw for 30 minutes (sometimes more, and sometimes I throw them in the microwave for 10 seconds after this)!

Thanks for your the reviews! I'm not a huge peanut butter fan in general so I'm glad I asked here first. The only peanut butter ice cream/gelato I've tried that I love is Talenti's Peanut Butter Pretzel.

Eventually I'll have to try the Triple Chocolate, but I better cool it for awhile since I bought those & more of the Halo Top Birthday Cake.

Does anyone know if Wegman's carries Enlightened in case I ever get there to find the rest of the flavors?

http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2017/02/28/spotted-on-shelves-duncan-hines-perfect-size-for-1-mixes/

If these are good I might buy the Brownie & there was a Cookies & Cream flavor. I found these in an action alley at my local Wal-Mart.

I WAS JUST COMING TO POST ON THESE LOL! I want to try confetti cake and carrot! How many calories in one ?

270 for the Confetti Cake & 320 for the Caramel.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Definitely did not like the Sea Salt Caramel! BLECH! Definitely very artificial tasting & the base had hardly any flavor whatsoever. If I want a low calorie Sea Salt Caramel flavor then I'm definitely going to keep buying the Gelato Fiasco version & only eating a few servings at a time.

Hoping the other two pints are good.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

As far as I know Wegmans doesn't sell Enlightened, but it never hurts to call your store if you're still curious, you never know!

Speaking of, I tried the Enlightened Birthday Cake tonight! DELICIOUS. Thank goodness I seem to have been saving the best for last! Halo Top's birthday cake might be more cake-y tasting, but this one tastes like straight up vanilla butter cream icing with sprinkles. If a birthday cake ice cream had a swirl, it would taste like this entire pint tastes. Definitely might be too sweet for some, but I adored it! It's national pancake day though so I had to toss it in a pan first ;P Seriously though, it reminds me of the inside of Cold Stone Creamery's birthday cake remix easter egg!

xp40mbb7lrmp.jpg
    6drrimxsykkc.jpg
  • piheart
    piheart Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    9mzb13x9gl1f.pngnkqsszpvd8a1.jpg
    Are these new? I usually don't take the time to warm up my pop tarts but did for these and oh man...
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    piheart wrote: »
    Are these new? I usually don't take the time to warm up my pop tarts but did for these and oh man...

No, I've tried these a few years ago. But they are GOOD lol. Love the confetti one and the chocolate chip cookie dough sooooo good.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

You know, I liked the Triple Chocolate but it still tastes artificial to me, so for the extra calories I'd probably go for Edy's slow churned instead, frankly (the extra protein really doesn't seem to fill me up more).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

As far as I know Wegmans doesn't sell Enlightened, but it never hurts to call your store if you're still curious, you never know!

Speaking of, I tried the Enlightened Birthday Cake tonight! DELICIOUS. Thank goodness I seem to have been saving the best for last! Halo Top's birthday cake might be more cake-y tasting, but this one tastes like straight up vanilla butter cream icing with sprinkles. If a birthday cake ice cream had a swirl, it would taste like this entire pint tastes. Definitely might be too sweet for some, but I adored it! It's national pancake day though so I had to toss it in a pan first ;P Seriously though, it reminds me of the inside of Cold Stone Creamery's birthday cake remix easter egg!

xp40mbb7lrmp.jpg
    6drrimxsykkc.jpg

Oh man! I want that flavor! Speaking of the Coldstone Creamery Birthday Cake Egg's I tried Googling it yesterday & couldn't find anywhere that carries it.
  • hgycta
    edited March 2017
    Options
    OK, perhaps I am partial towards swirls and overlook some artificial tastes, but @Francl27 this one has your name written all over it if you like coffee. I know you're more critical on food products than I am, so I'm really curious what you would think of this one, I can't imagine even you not loving it! I don't think it's possible for me to be more impressed with their Cold Brew pint! I tried it alongside the Califia Farms New Orleans Nitro Cold Brew, which tasted more like coffee than their mocha flavor thank goodness, but it still had that fake nut milk taste and I hated it and won't spend $5 on it again. The pint though, my goodness. This goes against all the swirls I vowed I would stay loyal to, as there's really nothing going on to make it stand out but yet it continues to do just that! Anyone here obsessed with Chick-fil-A's frosted coffee (made with their ice dream and cold brew)? Raise your hand. Raise it to the highest shelf this pint might be placed and buy it. It tastes like the frosted coffee made into an even smoother, dreamier ice cream. 5/5 Not a single thing I would change. So much better than Halo Top's "mocha" pint which doesn't even contain coffee in the ingredients let alone even try to taste like it -.-
    I still have the Strawberry Cheesecake left which I'll probably try tomorrow but so far:
    1.) Cold Brew
    2.) Bananas Foster (only because it reminds me of banana pudding)
    3.) Red Velvet (would've been 2 if it had cake pieces, but has that artificial red food dye taste most people hate/I for whatever reason love)
    4.) Birthday Cake (if you don't like Red Velvet this would probably be number 3 while Red Velvet might come later in the list; tastes like birthday cake icing more so than the cake and is a delicious dessert that should only be consumed by individuals with a high sweets tolerance)
    5.) Black Cherry (wasn't bad, just would've been better with swirls or bigger/more plentiful cherry pieces)
    6.) Fudge Brownie (unless plain chocolate ice cream is your thing, don't bother when there's more interesting flavors available)

4ae1cxspw76m.jpeg
  • keodell1966
    keodell1966 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    piheart wrote: »

No, I've tried these a few years ago. But they are GOOD lol. Love the confetti one and the chocolate chip cookie dough sooooo good.

What does these pop tarts taste like?
  • hgycta
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I wasn't expecting anything great from Optimum Nutrition's Cake Bites but I had a $5 off $20 purchase coupon mailed to me from GNC and they ended up having opened boxes to buy individual bars there so I decided to buy one of each (they only had Red Velvet and Chocolate Covered Cherry, not Birthday Cake). I would have never bought a box because I don't recall seeing great reviews for them, but honestly I loved it! I had the chocolate covered cherry (will probably get into the red velvet tonight) and microwaved one to see how it would compare, not sure why the inside started coming out but it did. The microwaved one was a lot better and I feel as if I could taste the cherry more, although it was also 10000x messier! I'll definitely be buying more of these!
    t0yrvop9e3tl.jpg
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I wasn't expecting anything great from Optimum Nutrition's Cake Bites but I had a $5 off $20 purchase coupon mailed to me from GNC and they ended up having opened boxes to buy individual bars there so I decided to buy one of each (they only had Red Velvet and Chocolate Covered Cherry, not Birthday Cake). I would have never bought a box because I don't recall seeing great reviews for them, but honestly I loved it! I had the chocolate covered cherry (will probably get into the red velvet tonight) and microwaved one to see how it would compare, not sure why the inside started coming out but it did. The microwaved one was a lot better and I feel as if I could taste the cherry more, although it was also 10000x messier! I'll definitely be buying more of these!
    t0yrvop9e3tl.jpg

I liked the cherry the best. I thought that birthday cake was too dense, while cherry was lighter.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I got a chance to buy the Hostee snow ball ice cream- buy it- this was very delicious. it had big chunks of chocolate cake in marshmallow flavor ice cream . I had to refigure my calorie plan so I can eat another serving tonight- it is just THAT good.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    debtay123 wrote: »
    I got a chance to buy the Hostee snow ball ice cream- buy it- this was very delicious. it had big chunks of chocolate cake in marshmallow flavor ice cream . I had to refigure my calorie plan so I can eat another serving tonight- it is just THAT good.

Where'd you find it?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    32561510540_a311af9d73_z.jpg?resize=640%2C521&ssl=1

I had bought this a few weeks ago & misplaced it until today :D. I even doubted myself that I had even bought it in the first place!

Great crunchy shell & pleasant cookies & creme taste without coming across as fake tasting.

Oh great. Now I have to stand in line at Target again. Thanks a lot, kelly! :p
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Anyone who wanted to try the teddy graham soft baked things do this.... https://app.sampler.io/everyday-family/ click very active and that you shop at every store and they send you free coupon for them :smiley:
  • opalquartz
    opalquartz Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I found three new Oikos Triple Zero flavors at Stop and Shop today:
    e54dz1ya085v.jpg
  • hgycta
    Options
    arya8 wrote: »
    t0yrvop9e3tl.jpg

I liked the cherry the best. I thought that birthday cake was too dense, while cherry was lighter.

Although I'm dying the try birthday cake I have to agree, so far the cherry is actually my favorite! While I'm normally obsessed with red velvet and I enjoyed it, nothing about it particularly came off as red velvet to me. The coating tasted more like white chocolate than it did cream cheese. However, the first two cake bites of the red velvet were lighter and really enjoyable while the third was very dense and almost chewy... maybe it's not certain flavors being lighter, just inconsistencies in making them?

Where'd you find it?

I've been wondering the same thing! I keep checking Walmart but nothing :(
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    arya8 wrote: »
    t0yrvop9e3tl.jpg

Although I'm dying the try birthday cake I have to agree, so far the cherry is actually my favorite! While I'm normally obsessed with red velvet and I enjoyed it, nothing about it particularly came off as red velvet to me. The coating tasted more like white chocolate than it did cream cheese. However, the first two cake bites of the red velvet were lighter and really enjoyable while the third was very dense and almost chewy... maybe it's not certain flavors being lighter, just inconsistencies in making them?

Where'd you find it?

I've been wondering the same thing! I keep checking Walmart but nothing :(

I haven't bought it yet, but I saw it the last time I was in Kroger. I want the Twinkie one, but I haven't been able to find it yet.