New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    drs0nl1u4k5q.jpg

I say that, and then I walk into Target, and lo and behold...
    I'm a happy girl right now.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    dqgsazoypqhb.jpg
    just got this instantpot. i bought the 8quart not thinking about how insanely huge it is.. not sure if i should exchange it for a smallwr one
    Just depends on how much you would normally cook.

It's nicer if you want to roast larger chickens. My family steams corn cobs a lot. I would offer to do it in the 6 quart, but the cobs just wouldnt fit

Francl27 wrote: »
    dqgsazoypqhb.jpg
    just got this instantpot. i bought the 8quart not thinking about how insanely huge it is.. not sure if i should exchange it for a smallwr one

Keep it. Bigger is always better when it comes to pots, in my experience. It's a lot easier to cook a 6qt recipe in an 8qt pot, than to do the opposite.

Also, I'm one of those people that splits a can of soup. Who eats a whole can? Too much salt! Me and whoever I'm splitting the soup with usually have a half-sandwich or a small salad with it. :)

Yeah my 6quart is a tight fit to even steam one head of cauliflower!
    its funny because the actual container that you put food in isnt huge same as one of my crock pots but size of the entite thing is huge! i just wana be able to make both large and small quantities of things. probably cant make a 1/2 cup of rice in it lol!

That's odd, I can easily make 1 cup of rice in there! And I have the small/cheap one.

i havent tried it i was just assuming its too big to make small batches!

Read the owner's manual for the required minimum amount. I believe it is mostly about the amount of liquid - I think my 6qt one requires 1 cup, if I remember correctly. It just needs enough to build the pressure.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    qt6d8vzx385u.jpeg

New Halo Top flavors on the horizon?

Please keep us updated, this I would be VERY interested in! 360 seemed high at first compared to what I'm used to with them, but then I remember Englightened ice cream pints and that's not bad!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    qt6d8vzx385u.jpeg

New Halo Top flavors on the horizon?

Yeeeeesss!!!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Tried that Gingerbread GNC Total Lean shake I posted a photo of previously.
    Oh my goodness, it was fantastic. I love pumpkin, I do, but I'm going to see if they'll let me exchange a few bottles out of the 20 I recently bought for the gingerbread instead, I think it's actually a little better! If anyone here likes gingerbread this is an absolute MUST try! I know GNC prices are terrible, but it's so good.

I went to Giant in search of the cookie dough dip, but struck out.

When I go the next time I want to buy the Nabisco Cinnamon Donut cookies & JC Bites in a ginger flavor.
  • dragon_girl26
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Someone asked about the Larabar Snickerdoodle bars...couldn't find the quote, but I picked some up this evening and tried a couple bites of one. If you don't mind the usual date flavor that Larabars have, they aren't bad. Not going to replace the real cookies for me, but I'd eat these. May go pick up a second box even.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Someone asked about the Larabar Snickerdoodle bars...couldn't find the quote, but I picked some up this evening and tried a couple bites of one. If you don't mind the usual date flavor that Larabars have, they aren't bad. Not going to replace the real cookies for me, but I'd eat these. May go pick up a second box even.

I really like them too! I like the snickerdoodle better than the gingerbread and pumpkin. Larabars for me are awesome but only when I am "in the mood" for them if that makes sense haha. The snickerdoodle tastes exactly like the cashew but with cinnamon flavor which I love.
  • dragon_girl26
    Options

I really like them too! I like the snickerdoodle better than the gingerbread and pumpkin. Larabars for me are awesome but only when I am "in the mood" for them if that makes sense haha. The snickerdoodle tastes exactly like the cashew but with cinnamon flavor which I love.

Yeah, I agree. I actually picked up a box of the Thinkthin pumpkin spice bars, the Kind maple caramel pumpkin spice bars, and the Larabar snickerdoodles, and I have to say the Larabars are my favorite. They're right up there with their Mint Chocolate Brownie bites for me, which are also quite delicious.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    wg3xhkhq81qn.jpg
    i think they had this last year but i didnt try it so picked it up.
  • dragon_girl26
    Options
    wg3xhkhq81qn.jpg

I picked that up the other day too, and I think I'm still drooling!
  • fishshark
    Options
    wg3xhkhq81qn.jpg

just took my first bite ohhhh man its literally frozen pumpkin pie. its AMAZINNNGGGG!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited September 2016
    Options
    wg3xhkhq81qn.jpg

OH MY GOSH I rarely eat ice cream but I may have to buy this
  • dragon_girl26
    Options
    wg3xhkhq81qn.jpg

just took my first bite ohhhh man its literally frozen pumpkin pie. its AMAZINNNGGGG!

It's good enough that I think it's killed my urges to go get the DQ pumpkin pie blizzard!

Well, almost.....
  • dragon_girl26
    Options
    Oh, and for those of you who are having issues posting pics through your phone, I have the Android OS, and I've found the only way to do it is to get out of the MFP app and log in to MFP through a browser on your phone, like Chrome or Firefox. There you will have the option to post pics on the forums. Hopefully that helps for some of you!
  • fishshark
    Options
    wg3xhkhq81qn.jpg

OH MY GOSH I rarely eat ice cream but I may have to buy this

it seriously tastes like blending up pumpkin pie. ohhhh man.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Curate%2BIndulgent%2BDark%2BChocolate%2B%2526%2BHazelnuts%2BBar.JPG

Had high hopes for this because the pistachio one is AMAZING, but it wasn't as fantastic as the pistachio. It was pretty good though! I really enjoyed it. Very nice chocolate hazelnut flavor. 8/10 I guess I was imagining it would taste like nutella but it wasn't that sweet lol