New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    arya8 wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting anything great from Optimum Nutrition's Cake Bites but I had a $5 off $20 purchase coupon mailed to me from GNC and they ended up having opened boxes to buy individual bars there so I decided to buy one of each (they only had Red Velvet and Chocolate Covered Cherry, not Birthday Cake). I would have never bought a box because I don't recall seeing great reviews for them, but honestly I loved it! I had the chocolate covered cherry (will probably get into the red velvet tonight) and microwaved one to see how it would compare, not sure why the inside started coming out but it did. The microwaved one was a lot better and I feel as if I could taste the cherry more, although it was also 10000x messier! I'll definitely be buying more of these!
    t0yrvop9e3tl.jpg

I liked the cherry the best. I thought that birthday cake was too dense, while cherry was lighter.

Although I'm dying the try birthday cake I have to agree, so far the cherry is actually my favorite! While I'm normally obsessed with red velvet and I enjoyed it, nothing about it particularly came off as red velvet to me. The coating tasted more like white chocolate than it did cream cheese. However, the first two cake bites of the red velvet were lighter and really enjoyable while the third was very dense and almost chewy... maybe it's not certain flavors being lighter, just inconsistencies in making them?
    debtay123 wrote: »
    I got a chance to buy the Hostee snow ball ice cream- buy it- this was very delicious. it had big chunks of chocolate cake in marshmallow flavor ice cream . I had to refigure my calorie plan so I can eat another serving tonight- it is just THAT good.

Where'd you find it?

I've been wondering the same thing! I keep checking Walmart but nothing :(

I haven't bought it yet, but I saw it the last time I was in Kroger. I want the Twinkie one, but I haven't been able to find it yet.

Giant is eventually getting the frozen Hostess Novelties.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I wasn't expecting anything great from Optimum Nutrition's Cake Bites but I had a $5 off $20 purchase coupon mailed to me from GNC and they ended up having opened boxes to buy individual bars there so I decided to buy one of each (they only had Red Velvet and Chocolate Covered Cherry, not Birthday Cake). I would have never bought a box because I don't recall seeing great reviews for them, but honestly I loved it! I had the chocolate covered cherry (will probably get into the red velvet tonight) and microwaved one to see how it would compare, not sure why the inside started coming out but it did. The microwaved one was a lot better and I feel as if I could taste the cherry more, although it was also 10000x messier! I'll definitely be buying more of these!
    t0yrvop9e3tl.jpg

I liked the cherry the best. I thought that birthday cake was too dense, while cherry was lighter.

Although I'm dying the try birthday cake I have to agree, so far the cherry is actually my favorite! While I'm normally obsessed with red velvet and I enjoyed it, nothing about it particularly came off as red velvet to me. The coating tasted more like white chocolate than it did cream cheese. However, the first two cake bites of the red velvet were lighter and really enjoyable while the third was very dense and almost chewy... maybe it's not certain flavors being lighter, just inconsistencies in making them?
    I got a chance to buy the Hostee snow ball ice cream- buy it- this was very delicious. it had big chunks of chocolate cake in marshmallow flavor ice cream . I had to refigure my calorie plan so I can eat another serving tonight- it is just THAT good.

Where'd you find it?

I haven't bought it yet, but I saw it the last time I was in Kroger. I want the Twinkie one, but I haven't been able to find it yet.

Are the ice creams limited time or permanent?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    t0yrvop9e3tl.jpg

Where'd you find it?

Are the ice creams limited time or permanent?

That I'm not sure of. At another Giant yesterday they had the Ding Dongs, but no Twinkies novelties.

I would rather buy the ice cream than the novelty though.
  • hgycta
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Well I usually hate Fit Joy bars because they taste artificial to me and just bad. However, two days ago I was at GNC and got talked into trying the cookies & cream flavor and I must say, I love it! One of my new favorite protein bars hands down! The hard cookie pieces or chocolate chips on top are absolutely phenomenal I strongly recommend this one!
    xcnr0mcilg1t.jpg
    dyfc0uver53k.jpg
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    t0yrvop9e3tl.jpg

Where'd you find it?

No Giants around here. :( All we have is Kroger, Wal-Mart, Food Lion, Fresh Market, Aldi's, and a few local places and some salvage/discount groceries.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Well I usually hate Fit Joy bars because they taste artificial to me and just bad. However, two days ago I was at GNC and got talked into trying the cookies & cream flavor and I must say, I love it! One of my new favorite protein bars hands down! The hard cookie pieces or chocolate chips on top are absolutely phenomenal I strongly recommend this one!
    xcnr0mcilg1t.jpg
    dyfc0uver53k.jpg

I LOVE fitjoy bars now I have to stop at gnc and see if its in :D
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    new%2Bfor%2B2017%2Bblue%2Bbunny.jpg

These look so stinken cute! I want em.

i purchased the cookies n cream its okay not enough cookie & cream flavor for me. I wouldn't purchase the cookies & cream again but I would try the cookie dough !
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    opalquartz wrote: »
    I found three new Oikos Triple Zero flavors at Stop and Shop today:
    e54dz1ya085v.jpg

I'd try the cherry and the apple cinnamon, but I've had the peanut butter banana and I thought it was awful.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I got my free Powerbar coupon in the mail & a Ben & Jerry's coupon from e-mailing them & asking about Confetti Cake. Too bad there's no flavors of Ben & Jerry's I really want right now.

Now just waiting on my Noosa coupon!
  • hgycta
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Welp Half Baked was always my favorite flavor so now I'm pretty much trading my loyalty from Halo Top to Enlightened. Halo Top's cookies & cream and salted caramel will always be my top picks from them, but Enlightened has seriously stepped up their game and between this flavor and most of their newer ones (and old) I can't contain myself. I wonder how my bank feels about the fact that my biggest expense is ice cream.
    ti3ngd3kwrfc.png
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Oh Yeah! One protein bars. I tried the cookie dough last week and liked it better than, I dare say, Quest although I haven't compared ingredients/nutrition labels yet. Excited to try other flavors.

Ohyeah one birthday cake and maple donut are the BEST of all the ohyeah one bars in my opinion! Definitely check out cinnamon roll too! Quest tastes too artificial for me now, except I do like the blueberry muffin once in a while.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Options
    Oh Yeah! One protein bars. I tried the cookie dough last week and liked it better than, I dare say, Quest although I haven't compared ingredients/nutrition labels yet. Excited to try other flavors.

Ohyeah one birthday cake and maple donut are the BEST of all the ohyeah one bars in my opinion! Definitely check out cinnamon roll too! Quest tastes too artificial for me now, except I do like the blueberry muffin once in a while.

Oh and downside, ohyeah one bars don't have as much fiber as quest bars, which sucks for me because I don't get enough fruits/veggies/grains to reach my fiber goal and quest bars really helped with that!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Welp Half Baked was always my favorite flavor so now I'm pretty much trading my loyalty from Halo Top to Enlightened. Halo Top's cookies & cream and salted caramel will always be my top picks from them, but Enlightened has seriously stepped up their game and between this flavor and most of their newer ones (and old) I can't contain myself. I wonder how my bank feels about the fact that my biggest expense is ice cream.
    ti3ngd3kwrfc.png

That was the flavor I tried yesterday & the mixins were great, but the base was pretty mediocre.

I wish we had the Birthday Cake flavor & Bananas Fosters instead!
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options

Where do you find the OhYEah bars? I have not seen them here.
  • AtlasDidShrugs
    AtlasDidShrugs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Three words: Animal. Pak. Powder. As soon as I run out of my packs of freaking 12 pills, I'm buying the hell out of some orange flavored vitamin powder.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Options

Where do you find the OhYEah bars? I have not seen them here.

I get them GNC or amazon by the box.
  • hgycta
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Dug into that whoopie pie from Amazon: 5/5 DELICIOUS!!!
    Dug into Enlightened's Strawberry Cheesecake Pint: 0/5

Perhaps it's an unfair rating since I don't like strawberry jelly that much and I've never cared for cheesecake. The pint says it's cheesecake ice cream but it doesn't taste tart or like anything other than vanilla. If there was peanut butter in this, they could have done a peanut butter & jelly flavor but this doesn't remind me of cheesecake. Should've had a graham crust or something mixed in. While it was more exciting than the chocolate brownie which didn't have swirls of anything to it, I enjoyed this one the least since I like fruit and dessert to remain separate things.
    p4dh1ow5rv5q.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    ti3ngd3kwrfc.png

That was the flavor I tried yesterday & the mixins were great, but the base was pretty mediocre.

I wish we had the Birthday Cake flavor & Bananas Fosters instead!

OH! When you said you bought the brownie/cookie dough I thought you meant their brownie pint and also the cookie dough pint, I didn't know you meant it had both inside! I'M SO JEALOUS, even if it was a mediocre base. Was the base a vanilla/chocolate swirl like half baked?

I also ordered my Amazon Prime Surprise Sweets Box and just opened it! I got:
    -a small bag of Brandini's Cashew Almond Toffee Popcorn
    -3 (1 oz) JcoJco Black Fig Pistachio in 72% dark chocolate Bars
    -ClaireSquare Jammy Jacks Caramelized Oat Bar with Juicy Raspberry Jam
    -CBStuffer's Chocolate Chip & Cookies N Cream Stuffed Peanut Butter Cup
    -Cape Whoopies' Boston Strong Vanilla/Fudge Vanilla Maine's Gourmet Whoopie Pie

Honestly, it's a lot more than I was expecting given the convenience/surprise/fast shipping/cute box. I am very impressed, especially since I've paid $7+ in Wegmans for these JcoJco bars before and know I love them! I think I remember seeing those stuffed peanut butter cups in TJ Maxx, and maybe the popcorn too? Honestly, a lot of this stuff could probably be found in TJ Maxx or Marshall's, but I never saw anything like whoopie pies sold there I'm super excited about that and can't wait to try half tonight! Not a huge popcorn fan but my mom is, and she loves toffee so it's perfect! Definitely a lot of treats so I can't complain! Also, EACH THING HAS NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED. The chocolate bars don't normally have it printed, but it's on the website and Amazon actually printed out the chocolate bar nutrition label on the inside of the box! It's great :') I'll definitely be ordering another, just wish they did this for diet friendly products like you guys find and get me hooked on!
    baxedijjox1a.jpg

Yum the whoopie pie looks good. And cookies and cream stuffed pb cup omg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Lenny and larry announcing 3 new flavor cookies tomorrow. Hope they are good ones. I could use a white chocolate raspberry or chesecake but I have a feeling it will be salted caramel something.