New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I really want to try that chickn chalupa! I would omit the sauce since ranch is gross :s
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    87b28194bb2877d969f5ca2588b73591.jpg

Don't really care for the spicy aftertaste, tbh.

And I like that it has the spicy aftertaste but I also love the Mayan Mocha from a local coffee place and no one else I worked with cared for it. I did try the Strawberry Hibiscus Noosa and found it to be so nasty I threw it in the trash after one bite. It was a definite no from me on that one.
  • DannyYMi54321
    DannyYMi54321 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Whey Low brand sugar substitute. I was very impressed with it - it looks, feels, tastes, and cooks exactly like sugar, no aftertaste at all.

The labeling says 1 gram of carbohydrate vs 4 grams for the same equivalent of table sugar. They also have various formulas to approximate brown sugar, powdered sugar, a blend just to use to make ice cream and frozen desserts that depresses the freezing point and helps prevent ice formation/hardening. I bought several kinds, and have used them for a couple of applications, to make a fruit pie at Thanksgiving, cranberry sauce, and just as sweetener in oatmeal, and I was very impressed.

The down side - it's pretty expensive. And only available online from what I can tell - the website says some Whole Foods carry it, but the ones in my area don't.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Also

32948081125_5da3e8714c_z.jpg?resize=640%2C440&ssl=1

Pretty tasty but extremely sweet! Quite sure the bag is all gone though, after my kids and husband went through it.

Did it taste like a cupcake?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    mom2colbyj wrote: »
    87b28194bb2877d969f5ca2588b73591.jpg

Don't really care for the spicy aftertaste, tbh.

And I like that it has the spicy aftertaste but I also love the Mayan Mocha from a local coffee place and no one else I worked with cared for it. I did try the Strawberry Hibiscus Noosa and found it to be so nasty I threw it in the trash after one bite. It was a definite no from me on that one.

I wish a store closer to me carried the Jalapeno Pineapple & Ginger flavors.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Also

Pretty tasty but extremely sweet! Quite sure the bag is all gone though, after my kids and husband went through it.

It definitely tasted like vanilla. Cupcake, not really. Cupcake frosting maybe.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    jmurray90 wrote: »
    uhm. not food wise, but those microfiber lash things, that you put on like mascara.... THEYRE AWESOME!!!

I got some for Christmas but I have been hesitant to try it....I'm a false lash addict!

How much are these and how long do they stay on? (Will they last thru an hour swimming?) Love the look!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    All the faux cauliflower stuff like tater tots. Supposedly walmart carries but haven't come across them yet.

The best is the So Delicious Sugarfree AlmondMilk ice cream. No guilt at all!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Also

Speaking of frosting, I noticed this in the Vitamin Shoppe today! Picked it up but had 190 calories per 2 Tbsp so I wanted to come here first and see if anyone tried it, I have too many flavored nut butters here as is so is this like a glorified nut butter or is it actually something worth getting? My pillsbury cream cheese frosting has 140 calories per 2 Tbsp so I mean... the calories certainly aren't really a justification to try it or anything...
    b4cvilpw45s3.jpg
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    All the faux cauliflower stuff like tater tots. Supposedly walmart carries but haven't come across them yet.
    Now I used it in a recipe, but the Green Giant cauli tots were pretty good.

Krogers is carrying carrot cake Kisses this year, but I saw that Boston creme pie Milano melts were on quick sale and picked them up instead.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Also

Speaking of frosting, I noticed this in the Vitamin Shoppe today! Picked it up but had 190 calories per 2 Tbsp so I wanted to come here first and see if anyone tried it, I have too many flavored nut butters here as is so is this like a glorified nut butter or is it actually something worth getting? My pillsbury cream cheese frosting has 140 calories per 2 Tbsp so I mean... the calories certainly aren't really a justification to try it or anything...
    b4cvilpw45s3.jpg

I've found most of those kind of nut butters are a let down, because there's hardly any sweetness or it doesn't even taste remotely what it's supposed to.

Let us know if you try the Nuts N' More protein powders.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I just ordered two sample packs.

SHAMSQ.jpg

Can't wait to try this!
  • hgycta
    Options
    My finds today at Target and Sam's Club. Ipx38wbn8k2n0.jpg

I had one of the Cliff bars and really liked it. The banana flavor was artificial but in all honesty I was expecting it to be. For $6 a box it's not something I'll get all the time but they'll be nice to just throw in my purse to snack on when I'm sitting at one of my he kids activities.

Have you tried P28 Food's Chocolate Coconut protein pancake mix before? I'm curious how Kodiak's version will compare to it! That blueberry lemon though, that one is the one calling my name! Please try at least one of them tomorrow morning and rate them! I still can't find them but unless I'm told otherwise I'm definitely getting the blueberry lemon before the coconut.
  • mom2colbyj
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

I had one of the Cliff bars and really liked it. The banana flavor was artificial but in all honesty I was expecting it to be. For $6 a box it's not something I'll get all the time but they'll be nice to just throw in my purse to snack on when I'm sitting at one of my he kids activities.

Have you tried P28 Food's Chocolate Coconut protein pancake mix before? I'm curious how Kodiak's version will compare to it! That blueberry lemon though, that one is the one calling my name! Please try at least one of them tomorrow morning and rate them! I still can't find them but unless I'm told otherwise I'm definitely getting the blueberry lemon before the coconut.

I haven't tried that one before so I won't be able to compare. I definitely plan on making at least one of them tomorrow if not a batch of both. I will report back on them as soon as I do.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options

I REALLY want to try that coffee, but I've bought a few different coffees from Dunkins and haven't liked any.

McDonalds ground coffee is actually one of my favorite common grocery coffee. Community has been pretty nice too, good sales this time around.
  • mom2colbyj
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

I REALLY want to try that coffee, but I've bought a few different coffees from Dunkins and haven't liked any.

McDonalds ground coffee is actually one of my favorite common grocery coffee. Community has been pretty nice too, good sales this time around.

I liked the Vanilla Cupcake flavor from Dunkins and then I couldn't find it anymore. I tried a couple other flavors and wasn't super impressed but I just couldn't pass up Smores. Caribou has been my go to lately.
  • Kaz131lb
    Kaz131lb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    UK here - I bought two packets of 9 x mini hot cross buns from Marks & Spencer - one pkt was the normal fruit ones 100 calories each but the other packet was orange and chocolate, they are 86 calories each and are lovely, you can taste both the chocolate and the orange in them. They cost £2.50 for the two PKTS - I'm going to freeze them in packs if one of each.
  • hgycta
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

I agree that McDonald's ground coffee is some of the best ground coffee I've purchased from a grocery store! However, while I was housesitting/babysitting for a couple once they gave me free range of their kitchen and they had a Wegmans brand coffee and that was actually really delicious as well, although I'm sure considerably more expensive. I also love the blueberry coffee from 7-11 and my aunt buys bags of it all the time from them, but I don't know if it actually tastes as good as when you get it from there!