New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    @dragon_girl26 what did you think of the Mrs. Thinster cookies?
  • lissadecker
    lissadecker Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Tried the FitJoy cinnamon roll bars and I don't like them nearly as much as the frosted brownie ones.

I am going to have to try the Lil Buff Bakery cake next.

Also, thanks to this thread I am now completely addicted to Noosa yogurt. You guys are awesome!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Tried the FitJoy cinnamon roll bars and I don't like them nearly as much as the frosted brownie ones.

I am going to have to try the Lil Buff Bakery cake next.

Also, thanks to this thread I am now completely addicted to Noosa yogurt. You guys are awesome!

Lil Buff Bakery keeps making suggestions on their facebook page about a pumpkin flavor cake releasing soon, they're playing around with different recipes currently! But I don't know if they'll be able to balance out the flavors right so until then you should definitely try the chocolate!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options

I really liked them. Almost similar to gingersnaps, but without the bite of ginger.
  • hgycta
    Options
    xuldox4g0ve0.jpg
    Finally got around to trying this. In my opinion, it blows Lenny & Larry's cookies out of the water (especially their birthday cake flavor). It was very thick and had a much better, more moist texture like an actual soft baked cookie but held together well and didn't have too many crumbs. Birthday cake flavor was very pronounced although I did pick up more of a protein bar aftertaste than I get from L&L. The frosting didn't really add anything, and there wasn't much anyways. The serving size was 80g for an entire cookie and it weighed exactly this (not even 0.1g more!). However, a serving size is 40grams versus L&L's 56.5g, so if you adjust it Buff Bakes actually has more calories per gram (not cookie since the size is smaller)
    Lenny's birthday cake per 56.5g: 180 calories, 4g fat, 27g carbs, 8g protein
    Buff Bake per 56.5g: 254 calories, 11g fat, 24g carbs, 11g protein
    If I was buying another cookie I would definitely go for Buff Bake again. Less cookie, but more satisfying and somehow even more filling! Very impressed!
  • jmarie1025
    jmarie1025 Posts: 114 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @dragon_girl26
    Where did you find the caramel apple oatmeal Creme pies? I'm a sucker for caramel apple! Yum!
  • dragon_girl26
    edited September 2016
    Options
    jmarie1025 wrote: »
    @dragon_girl26
    Where did you find the caramel apple oatmeal Creme pies? I'm a sucker for caramel apple! Yum!

I found mine at Walmart, but I've also seen them at Meijer recently, so I'd try either of those if they are in your area. Haven't tried them yet but I have one in my lunch bag for tomorrow! Can't wait! :)

ETA: I also saw some Hostess Caramel Apple cupcakes a few weeks ago at Target. I've been kicking myself for not picking some up though, because they sold out and I've been everywhere looking for them ever since. They're out there, too, though, if you like caramel apple!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I have this to try for Breakfast tomorrow.

Pumpkin-Spice-Front.png

I'm going to top it with cookie butter.

Tried it on Monday & in some bites I could tell a nice hint of Pumpkin Spice.

I looked up their webpage & they also have a Gingerbread flavor that will hopefully be in stores during December.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    I finally found & bought the Bolthouse Farms Cilantro Avocado dressing yesterday from Publix (Whole Foods doesn't carry the brand anymore.)

Amazing!

I love that product! I like the ranch, salsa avocado, and creamy cesar. 45 calories per serving for a creamy dressing? Yes please!
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    w74rxjqqsypz.jpg

Made myself the new cocoa crave flavor by Lil Buff Bakery. It was absolutely delicious and even more satisfying than the original! Definitely worth trying for someone addicted to chocolate cake, although I can't say it would completely get rid of my desire for actual chocolate cake if I was craving that since it doesn't really come with frosting (I made my own version mixing water with chocolate quest protein powder to form a glaze, but it still wasn't that sweet). Love the calories (270) for the serving size but if I was spending $5 on a dessert again I'll probably spend it on Halo Top ice cream ;p definitely get this instead of the original though if you're new to the company and want to try them out!

omg that looks delicious, how big is it?

Bigger than the size of my face haha the thing is huge! Definitely very filling, too. Delicious cake and although it may not be as satisfying as the real deal, it's as close as you're going to get for the calories! Lil Buff Bakery is to Cake what Halo Top is to Ice Cream ;) Definitely worth trying out even though it's a little pricey! Not overly sweet too which some people may really appreciate (I personally wish it was a tad bit sweeter). Other than that, perfect taste and no weird chemical flavor!

she is talking about coming out with a pumpkin spice one as well :) i just ordered the chocolate this morning now that i am back from my vacation - can't wait!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Usually don't drink my calories but saw this and wanted to try didn't buy though ibh3d8u2hlnv.jpeg
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

I really liked them. Almost similar to gingersnaps, but without the bite of ginger.
    They had a salted caramel flavor that was amazing.

My Krogers started stocking caramel Apple Pop Tarts.

• shinycrazy
    Options
    I just got this at Kroger. They have several flavors including s'mores and oatmeal raisin. Both of those had a rather nondescript vanilla yogurt that was not that great without the mix ins. The mix ins for the s'mores weren't very good, they looked good, but bland. The oatmeal raisin was better, but not by a lot. The raisins helped. This ginger snap crunch on the other hand is phenomenal! The yogurt has cinnamon, cloves, and ginger in it and it's tasty just by itself. Add the weirdly precise bits of ginger snap cookie and it's damn good. I scraped the bottom of the container on this one!hyhjc042l0hm.jpg
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    I searched the board, but didn't have any luck. Has anyone tried the quest labs cereal bars? I just took the plunge on one chocolate, one cinnamon and a 6 pack of waffle cause they were "out" of the singles. 100 calories and 12g of protein sounds too good to be true. It probably is. Thoughts?
  • hgycta
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    I searched the board, but didn't have any luck. Has anyone tried the quest labs cereal bars? I just took the plunge on one chocolate, one cinnamon and a 6 pack of waffle cause they were "out" of the singles. 100 calories and 12g of protein sounds too good to be true. It probably is. Thoughts?

Nah, I believe it's 100 calories. The part that makes it too good to be true is the price; something smaller than a protein bar costs more and comes with less in the box! My favorite is the cinnamon one followed by the chocolate. The others didn't impress me too much, especially the strawberry. The cinnamon was very gooey and gritty like a sticky cinnamon bun and I LOVED it microwaved, although some had less stickiness to them so I guess it was hit or miss with which bar you got. The chocolate one reminded me of a deep fried oreo if you microwave it about 10 seconds! Love them though for a nice snack on the go that doesn't have much calories and are sort of filling :)
  • dragon_girl26
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

They had a salted caramel flavor that was amazing.

My Krogers started stocking caramel Apple Pop Tarts.

Haven't seen the salted caramel, but I'll be on the lookout. I have been a big fan of the toasted coconut ones so far though!
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »

Nah, I believe it's 100 calories. The part that makes it too good to be true is the price; something smaller than a protein bar costs more and comes with less in the box! My favorite is the cinnamon one followed by the chocolate. The others didn't impress me too much, especially the strawberry. The cinnamon was very gooey and gritty like a sticky cinnamon bun and I LOVED it microwaved, although some had less stickiness to them so I guess it was hit or miss with which bar you got. The chocolate one reminded me of a deep fried oreo if you microwave it about 10 seconds! Love them though for a nice snack on the go that doesn't have much calories and are sort of filling :)

Thanks! I'm looking for a lower calorie snack to keep at work. The price point is higher than I usually like to pay for snacks, but they sounded pretty good. I've been on a waffle/pancake kick so I have high hopes for the waffle flavor. Good to know the cinnamon and chocolate at least taste good. For 100 calories I was worried they wouldn't be. Kinda like those 100 calorie packs of flat oreo dust crackers. Just disappointing.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    5uk9dep36y09.png
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    5uk9dep36y09.png

Just tried to log in to questlabs to take a look and the log in timed out. Oops. I wish it had been in there when I bought my cereal bars earlier today!