What Other Factors (Besides Nutrition) Help You Succeed?

Options

Replies

• steviebooth13
    steviebooth13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try some sleepy time tea and go to bed at a reasonable time and do not sleep too late in the day. And keep yourself busy doing the day. Also if none of those things help you can try lavender oil I have a friend who swears by the stuff some people do medication. Also stay off anything electronic one hour before bed. Another never eat a heavy meal before bed. Best of luck to you.

Stevie Booth
  • crazylibraluv
    crazylibraluv Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    LCHF
    Walking
  • Bixbyonline1
    Bixbyonline1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been on LCHF diet for 20 wks. The weight is slow to come off, but I remain totally committed to the diet. The main reason is the results of my lab test taken at 14 wks. My doctor could not believe them. I think she was more excited than I was. I had been eating lots of saturated fat, very few carbs (under 20 grams a day) and moderate amounts of protein for over 3 months. My cholesterol was at an all time low, except HDL which was an all time high! I was no longer newly diabetic, or even pre-diabetic. My advice is to find a healthy diet and get some blood tests, the best incentive ever. Good luck.
  • Annamarie3404
    Annamarie3404 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Encouragement from family and friends.
  • pescetarian_love
    pescetarian_love Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Not eating past 7 or 8 pm. Self discipline, balancing eating and working out, if you are plateauing , keep going!
  • phyllisann26
    phyllisann26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Great info!!!
  • Livematthew25
    Livematthew25 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    DanSTL82 wrote: »
    My computer wallpaper is a rotation of guys who have the body I am striving to have myself. When I get the craving for ordering a pizza, then I see the six-pack guy on my desktop and think maybe I shouldn't. Google "Ryan Reynolds body" and see the kind of images I'm talking about. Sounds corny but it's good motivation.
    When I made it beyond that is when I lost 85 pounds. Fighting for freedom, not a certain look.
  • humblestumble
    humblestumble Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest, I was probably around 170, but I stopped weighing myself once I was creeping up to 150-160 range. I'm only 5 feet tall. I've come down to 120 now, and just a few months ago I was at 115 (pre wedding.) I'm working to get back to that, and this is how I do it and what works for me.

Keeping a physical journal and having a set plan for every day ahead of time. Having clean workout clothes, and putting together food for the WHOLE next day on the previous night - and sticking to it. I like checking things off my list that I have set for myself.

I also really like having a streak on my fitness pal. I log my food and water here every day throughout the day. I also have a fitbit and seeing the green as often as I can gets me excited. I'm not competitive except for with my own personal best, so I like to see if I can beat that as well.

I also don't like giving myself slack to make excuses. If I don't work out one day, I try to make up for it the next, but I only add 30 min to my workout. If I miss two days, I do NOT stack. I cut myself a little slack and just add 30 min to the next days workout. It's good to be kind to yourself and not beat yourself up for not sticking to a goal 100%. For over a year, I was chanting, to myself, "right now is a fresh start" so that I would not get caught up in "oh well, I ate Burger King, so now I can eat bad all day."

Now, I just always try to choose the healthiest option because it's the healthy thing to do, and I am learning to cook healthy foods in tasty ways. That REALLY helps. Pinterest also helps to find "bad" foods which are made "good"... like healthy chocolate chip cookie dough recipes - stuff that mimics the bad. I limit stuff like that to twice per week, and I allot it in my calories. I also eat every few hours.

I guess I have a lot of things that keep me on track! The best thing to do is just to monitor it - at least for me :) Monitor and try not to judge! Just adjust!
  • Anabug81
    Anabug81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Having a supportive spouse
    Being self motivated
    Being the type of person who sets goals and accomplishes them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!