What Other Factors (Besides Nutrition) Help You Succeed?

Options

Replies

• drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Self discipline, feeling more energetic, a love of clothes and not worrying about if they look right
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    reversing dinner with lunch and not eating after 5pm
  • dolliesadler
    dolliesadler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Simplifying the process was the biggest one to me. As soon as I stopped worrying about eating the right foods or doing the right exercises I was able to make it work. I ate things I enjoyed that kept me full and did exercises I enjoyed.

Second biggest was to stop trying to lose weight so fast. Two pounds per week didn't give me nearly enough calories and once I decided on slower weight loss I was able to stick to it.
    Just plain old fashioned stubbornness. I made up my mind to do it after doing research and becoming convinced that this was the only really good way to get this accomplished. And I started.

360 days, -31 pounds, and counting.

I had to set my mind and a few prayers throughout the day that God would help me to maintain the discipline.
    And by the way that is an awesome achievement. Congratulations
  • Brianneplus3
    Brianneplus3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Will power and patience.
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Fear.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost for a while, because I haven't been logging, but I have lost 10 lbs so far and I'm back for that last 10. I think the not logging threw me off just because there wasn't any accountability. I lost most of those 10 lbs by...
    -logging
    -trying to drink a gallon of water each day
    -exercising (I did 6 days/week, which I realize seems like overkill for many) with a simple exercise plan where all planning was done for me (blogilates.com-free!), I just had to get my butt up and do it
    -focusing on eating whole, real foods. If I went over my calorie goal, at least I was going to feel better about it if it was with whole foods (or healthy "cheats" like homemade pizza as opposed to takeout).
    -trying to get as much protein as I could without relying on supplements
  • shanahyisrael
    shanahyisrael Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Not eating 4 hours before bed. Moving after meals, fresh air. 62lbs gone in 32 days, no fads, diet, no supplements.
  • shanahyisrael
    shanahyisrael Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    62lbs lighter, got pregnant during the weight loss, keep off after baby. Would like to loss another 20 tho.
    Not eating 4 hours before bed helped the most. Moving after meals and snacks. Fresh air and proper breathing. Better selection of water.
  • Return2Fit
    Return2Fit Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Goals!
    If I could sum up success in a single word, that'd be "goals".
    In every area of life, we need to know what we want, tap our passion and set some general direction for our lives.
    Once you know what you desire, make a plan, then take action and stay inspired and motivated along that journey.

This is the key to success in any and every area of life.
    c7emrl5qcbnf.jpg
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    1. Starting with veggies. 2. Being fortunate enough to have a husband who will chop veggies for snacks or salad while I exercise or get dressed when I don't have time for both.
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    A traumatic break-up. It made me try that much harder.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Exercise, days that I workout I eat a lot better.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!