What Other Factors (Besides Nutrition) Help You Succeed?

Options

Replies

• CherylanneCorsini
    CherylanneCorsini Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Knowing that I don't want to go in the other direction again. It's hard being bullied. Yesterday a male friend said "heard you got fat". After being skinny almost my entire life, that was really hard to hear.
    I'm finally seeing my metabolism pick up. Added 2 cups of green tea a day, more fiber (inulin) and 1/2 avocado and just that change alone helped me drop 5 lbs in 2 weeks.
    It's a process, we're all unique. I'm finding what works for me.
  • christinephillips1000
    Options
    1) removing toxic horribly abusive people from my life
    2) changing jobs
    3) 10k steps a day
    4) joining a gym and hiring coaches/personal trainers
    5) MFP app using macros and going lowish carb high protein
    6) daily vitamin
    7) haven't watch TV in 2 years (except for seahawks at the bar)
    8) learning to like myself and being alone
    9)therapy
    10) lots of self work

Love this! <3
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Having a more positive outlook on weight loss helped me a lot! I felt so defeated at first, and really fought against my body. Once I stopped fighting it and started enjoying it, it really started to click! Also realizing that every meal and every snack is a chance to do better helped! It's not all or nothing :)

I think these are very wise words! Indeed it is not all or nothing! One bad choice doesnt mean you have to throw the towel altogether. Something I have done more than I care to admit.
  • debhaley1
    debhaley1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thinking of it being a lifestyle change rather than a diet. Feeling like I need to get healthy, and 'cheating' sometimes isn't all bad.
  • DebBahr
    DebBahr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Realizing that if I wanted to have some reasonable expectation of a normal life while losing this weight I needed to stop lying to myself about how the choices I was making was influencing not just my weight, but my emotional well-being. I needed to accept that the weight was a symptom of so many other issues and that, while I could take the weight off without fixing those, I would still be a miserable cuss, just a thinner one.

Following the no nonsense approaches to weight loss that were sometimes less than gently explained here allowed me to get my head around all the lies and misrepresentations that are spouted by the diet industry and get to the heart of the fact that I have the control, I needed to learn to use it. While doing this, I worked on other aspects of my life that were out of balance.

While I'm only half way to goal, I am much happier with my life and I have confidence that I will get there and be better balanced for it. The friends I have made along the way are amazing and regularly make me smile. They also keep me focused and accountable, and send me hugs (not the creepy kind though) when I need them.

So very true.
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I set big, audacious fitness goals for myself. Not completely crazy goals, but enough to excite me.

I joined a fitness contest, and won my age bracket. Now I'm working up to competitive swimming. I tell myself, if I want to be an athlete, I have to make the choices an athlete would make. Would an athlete skip their work out and sleep in? Eat sugar instead of protein? Nope, and nope. Okay then. :wink:
  • cschafer2016
    cschafer2016 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Running 5 miles a day on a treadmill and then walking until I get a combined total of 60 minutes of exercise. Works for me, plus only eating 1500 calories a day.
  • MrsOlarinde88
    MrsOlarinde88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    Self-discipline.

• positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Increasing my exercise and ending my demonization of food.
  • rashawnbooker8
    rashawnbooker8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting for 16 hours has hands down been the best for me. Thats leaves an 8 hour eating window. At a 1700 calorie cap i gave myself i usually have a spare 300-500 left on a full stomach before i go to bed. Drinking 0 calorie drinks w/ carbonated bubbles like "skinny girl" and water helps w/ cravings too. After the first week, your body adapts to it and it has been all great from there. Lose about 2-4 lbs a week.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!