What Other Factors (Besides Nutrition) Help You Succeed?

Options

Replies

• pagey231
    pagey231 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    , If in a hurry to loose weight HFLC "High fat low carb" ..and keep h/rate above resting rate for as much of the day as possible ...Can drop a kg a fortnight at will and the converse ;-)
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    1. Logging everythigng. Everything.
    2. Not having to give up wine - although I have switched to champagne as it is very low in cals, lol. I log every ml.
    3. Realizing that the goal is a goal but the timeline to achieve it can be/is fluid. For years I would say to myself ... 'just lose 5 lbs by Christmas, or 10 lbs before my birthday'. What horse@#)$*#(). No wonder it never worked!
    4. Also - some thing mentioned by another poster in this thread... I like measuring. I measure lots and lots of different things.
    5. Dress shopping!!! I have bought six dresses in the last three weeks!! I still have some weight to lose but most of it will come off my hips so these dresses should still fit well after that weight is gone.
  • theresafama
    theresafama Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    Being honest with myself - i.e. recording everything in my food diary even when it makes me cringe. :p Forgiving myself if I don't 'nutrition' as well as I should and moving on. :) And remembering that this is a lifestyle, not a diet.

• cjefferson0885
    cjefferson0885 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    MOM OF3 trying too takoff 40POUNDS
  • kingrat2014
    kingrat2014 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    1. Controlling stress

2. Good quality Sleep
  • vegasnova
    vegasnova Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Figuring out that stress makes me an emotional eater.

I'm a stress eater also. Learning to work through my stress without food or alcohol. I found a natural anti-stress formula. It helps mellow and improved my focus. As a teacher the year end is insane and it was the only way I was able to hold it together. I even lost 2 pounds!

It's a struggle and we need to support one another!
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Hard and fast rules. This doesn't work for everyone but I am extremely rules oriented. It is easier for me to say absolutely *no* than it is to be balanced and say yes occasionally. When I ever say "yes" is exactly when I fall off of the wagon.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    tmoneyag99 wrote: »
    Hard and fast rules. This doesn't work for everyone but I am extremely rules oriented. It is easier for me to say absolutely *no* than it is to be balanced and say yes occasionally. When I ever say "yes" is exactly when I fall off of the wagon.

I completely relate. Although I am mellowing slowly. Even admitting that is risky, lol.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    1. Clearing off the kitchen counters of appliances that were part of my old life in order to have room to buy new
    ones like a scale.
    2. A home work out plan for when I do not make it to the gym
    3. Good sleep.
  • BubbyChunny
    BubbyChunny Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Small changes, like using the stairs instead of the elevator, measuring the amount of cereal I put into my bowl, eating one crepe instead of two, etc. Sustainable differences.
  • KiwiLifter
    KiwiLifter Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Consistency and education.
  • quietandmildspirit
    quietandmildspirit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Listen to music. It will get you moving a little more if you have a beat.
  • mwjessica
    mwjessica Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1) Support system--my co-workers are involved and rooting me on.
    2) I do try to get 10,000 steps per day (we have a "move challenge" going on at work right now, so that helps).
    3) Accountability. I have a personal trainer that I check in with remotely once per week. He keeps me going!
    4) Having goals. If I have something to train for (like walking a 10K in July), it helps motivate me.
    5) Forgiving myself if I don't have a perfect day. Understanding that this is part of the process helps stave off the urge to give up.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I've lost 113 lbs. For me, the ah ha moment was realizing that this isn't a diet, but it's a new way of eating. I still eat the things I love, I just make them fit into my calories.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!