How to solve a sweet tooth craving?

Options

Replies

• mnvicke
    mnvicke Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Looking for recipes and input on helping to crave your sweet tooth that are healthy and won't kill your diet. I always have a sweet tooth and I will chew gum or eat fruit but sometimes that's not enough. Been looking to Pinterest for good recipes that I can add into my diet to satisfy that craving (energy bars, healthy oat balls, protein cookies etc.)

Yoplait has a line of "Whips"....... they come in several flavors, and when you freeze them, they are kind of like frozen yogurt. My favorites are: Chocolate, Chocolate Raspberry, Strawberry Cheesecake, Strawberry Mist, and Orange Cream. They are around 160 calories for an entire container, and I find they really satisfy my sweet tooth.
  • Liz6843
    Liz6843 Posts: 29 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Do you like cheesecake? If so, mix about 1-2 tbsp of nonfat Greek yogurt, 1-2 tbsp whipped cream cheese, 1-2 tbsp of nonfat milk, 1-2 tsp of powdered sugar, and if you like, add some berries (I say 1-2 because I make it with different proportions each time depending on how I feel, but it always comes out delicious!). Tastes like cheesecake but very low cals -- always helps me through sweet cravings (also because I can be a total animal about it and make/eat it over my kitchen sink in less than 10 mins :smile: ).
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Eat corn. I don't know if it works, but it's worth a try.
  • Clareanderson77
    Clareanderson77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have to say that cutting out all forms of sugar works best. Due due my son's dental health we've been making a conscious effort to reduce our sugar intake (it's everywhere!) and my once dangerous sugar cravings have been drastically reduced. Replacing refined sugar with honey, agave etc or artificial sweeteners merely feeds a sweet tooth. Previously I couldn't walk past a plate of biscuits without grabbing a handful, now I can happily leave them be. My husband says 'sugar is more addictive than cocaine'. I'm not saying I don't give in sometimes but reducing your sugar intake really does help. Read Oh Sugar by Katherine Bassford.
  • elleelle03
    elleelle03 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    halo ice cream is great . also dark chocolate sugar free pudding cups
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I love medjool dates stuffed with peanut butter and frozen. It makes it take longer to eat and the dates get chewier.
  • Kobitink
    Kobitink Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Modified No Bake Chocolate Cookie....
    Not really 'no bake' though :)

This was my experiment for my cravings too...

Dehydrate 3 cups shredded and drained zucchini in the oven on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. 2 hours at 200 degrees.

Once zucchini is dehydrated...

Combine 1 and 3/4 cups organic quick oats with
    8 tbsp of frys Cocoa in a bowl. Set aside.

On the stove in a non stick larger skillet:
    1 cup seed butter OR 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
    1/2 cup coconut oil
    1/4 cup honey
    Dash of Stevia sweetner if you want it sweeter
    2 tsp vanilla

Heat on medium until it's all mixed together.

Take pan off heat and Add zucchini, and bowl of oats and cocoa.

Mix together.

I use a tablespoon and spatula to drop small amounts on cookie sheet lined with parchment.
    Then cool in fridge until hard.
    Makes about 35 to 40 cookies.

Sounds like a lot of work but it's really not.
    And the results are yummy chocolate bites packed full of good stuff.
    Carbs were around 7 per cookie when I put this recipe into the recipe builder.
    I'm going to try and add protein powder next batch and cut down on the oats even further.

• amazn2017
    amazn2017 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    A TBS of natural peanut butter.
  • marywalsh0988
    marywalsh0988 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I get the Skinny Cow ice cream bars... They're pretty good and I wanna say have about 100 calories
  • smurph121
    smurph121 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love to have an iced coffee to drink as a treat. I use cold brewed coffee, a few drops english toffee flavored stevia and a few drops vanilla cream flavored stevia. Add some ice or blend with ice. Yum!
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    zoomy66 wrote: »

I was going to suggest this! Her site is awesome. I've made the deep dish cookie pie more times than I can count (but I half the recipe). Her "cookie dough" and mug cake recipes are great too. The mug cakes are nice because they are single servings, unlike you know a pan of brownies *drool*. I have no self control when it comes to brownies.
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Dates, very sweet and help with "omg I need sweets now" cravings

Yes to dates! I buy the Medjool variety. They are great alone or I also like to pair them with goat cheese or toasted pecan halves (takes like pecan pie!).
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Saving this post for later
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I just text my husband for brownies and ice cream :tongue:

Frozen blueberries in lemonade is also nice! Like a slush!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I love think thin protein bars from Krogers or Sams. When it snows and I want cake or something I go to these
  • kgruenbacher
    kgruenbacher Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Coat chopped up apple pieces with melted coconut oil, heat in microwave (can't recall time but not very long), and then mix in cinnamon and nutmeg. My go to for a quick and healthy dessert
  • greeneyes143
    greeneyes143 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use 1 scoop chocolate slim quick protien powder 1 scoop chocolate organic protien powder and 8 Oz cold coconut water.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I made this yesterday-- http://www.everydaydiabeticrecipes.com/Cakes/Flourless-Applesauce-Cake

Super easy, yummy, and low calorie
  • andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of replies that include low-cal ideas, and that may work for some/most people, but for me, consuming artificial sweeteners made my sweet cravings SOAR. Two years ago I cut out all artificial sweeteners, "natural" ones, included like Truvia, and the difference it made in sweet cravings was significant. I do get sweet cravings, but the frequency and intensity are dramatically improved. And when I do, I just eat the real thing. I don't overboard and binge. Now, I rarely drink soda, but if I do, I have a root beer or ginger ale made with real cane sugar. Or I make a batch of cookies. Or whatever I am craving. But in the big picture, I have the sugar monkey off my back for good. I no longer have unrelenting cravings for sweets. Artificial sweeteners were just a quick fix and in the long run, were feeding my sweet cravings. Rarely do I truly crave sweets anymore, and when I do eat something sweet, I enjoy it and it stops there. No more vicious cycle. As I said in the beginning, everyone is different and this is just my personal experience, and I had quite a sweet tooth!!