How to solve a sweet tooth craving?

Options

Replies

• xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Meringue cookies with birch zylitol, lime juice and vanilla from The Fast metabolism Diet cookbook. Or 2 squares of dark chocolate from a bar that is 85% cacao. They both feel decadent for very few calories. I also make frappes using Pero coffee substitute, almond milk, cocoa powder and stevia.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    "Coffee substitute" sounds like a sad thing...

I'm with you on the very dark chocolate, though!
  • Chachamagnolia676
    Options
    I eat lightly salted apple slices sprinkled with cinnamon sometimes when craving sweets. Plus, I keep Sugar Free Klondike Bars in the freezer for when I need ice cream.
  • Sparklebra67
    Sparklebra67 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jelly works for me x
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I eat what I'm hungry for honestly. I have a serving of dairy free Chocolate ice cream with a tbsp vegan dark chocolate chips built into every night. Each morning, I get up and put it in my diary with my coffee. ;) I've found that if I try to replace it, I just end up eating more than I would have if I'd only eaten the thing I originally wanted.
  • VlpW
    VlpW Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love to mash a banana and cook it in the microwave. It becomes more sweet and gooey. Top it with a tablespoon or two of crushed graham crackers and a dollop of fat free whipped topping and viola - you have warm banana pudding. It is incredibly satisfying and indulgent tasting for around 150 caloies!

• VlpW
    VlpW Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Another sweet treat I make a lot is to mix peanut flour with some splenda, a dash of salt and water until creamy. Drizzle sugar free chocolate syrup on top. Peanut flour is also good mixed with a sugar free chocolate pudding cup.

I also love to mix lowfat cottage cheese, crushed pineapple and fat free whipped topping. Then mix in some powdered sugar free cherry jello. Such a wonderful jello treat! I have an incurable sweet tooth. ;)
  • natasha_hal1
    natasha_hal1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I recently put hersey kisses in the freezer. When I crave sugar, I usually get a couple out and let it melt in my mouth. I think it is 9 kisses for 200 calories, but I never get anywhere close to that.
  • heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    http://www.yummyhealthyeasy.com/2015/01/avocado-truffle-chocolates-recipe.html
    I've made these before, and they're fantastic for hitting that sweet tooth. But when I'm lazy, I'll measure out a couple tablespoons of dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips and let them melt on my tongue.
    I also like frozen grapes, the 100% frozen fruit bars you can get at the store, or have a banana with a little drizzled honey -- however, my cravings are always for chocolatey-type stuff.
    Banana "ice cream" with a little syrup or chocolate chips does the trick.
    Mixing SF/FF pudding mix in with low fat cottage cheese also works, and makes the result taste like cheesecake to me.
    A real treat is a serving of ricotta cheese with a little stevia, cinnamon, and chocolate chips or honey. YUM.
  • ashleighs148
    ashleighs148 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Personally, I just eat something sweet because I know if I don't keep eating the stuff I like while trying to lose weight once I stop I'll just gain everything back as I'll want to eat that stuff again. So I just eat a smaller portion than I would usually have so I'm still under my calories. I have a big sweet tooth and usually like something sweet after every meal. Most grocery stores have bite sized caramel slices or mini cookies etc in their bakery section, they're good for a sweet fix the ones I get are around 40-62 calories each.
  • kandisn7
    kandisn7 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I make a healthy brownie almost every night for my sweet tooth. 1tbsp coconut oil, 1tbsp water, 1 tbsp coconut flour, 1 tbsp cocoa, 1tbsp raw honey, splash of vanilla extract, and sea salt. Heat all in microwave for 40 seconds.
  • proteinpout
    proteinpout Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fruit, dark chocolate, jello with some cool whip and flavoured Greek yogurt.
  • sae12
    sae12 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem but I crave sweets in the evening. I make protein bars and fat bombs.
  • zella1100
    zella1100 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I go for a teaspoon of raw organic honey in the cupboard.
  • kellyc817
    kellyc817 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine are low cal popcicles or fudgcicle
    100 calorie pack cocoa almonds
    There's coffee flavored Greek yogurt.
    90 calorie fiber one brownies.
    Or any 100 cal pack.
  • working2wonderland
    Options
    I like to opt for like Chia pudding or Chia drinks, super easy to make, there's tons of recipes on pinterest!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Diet Pepsi does it for me.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • daisygirl2017
    daisygirl2017 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Apple with chocolate pb2
  • Lapoof420
    Lapoof420 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Not a recipe but try kind bars with dark chocolate. Not horrible for you (about 200 calories) and honestly sweet enough that half of one usually does the trick. Unless you've really got that sweet craving.