Weighing and logging.....forever??

Options
Once you reach maintenance, how many still weigh and log everything?
I'm hopeful that my end result will be a much better ability to eyeball portion sizes and calories as well as having a strong desire and personal accountability to keep moving forward, not backwards.

Besides.....the thought of weighing/measuring and logging my food forever, makes me a little sad.

Replies

• AjRogers2
    AjRogers2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You should get to know the right sizes after a while so you shouldn't need to do it. I lost 75 pounds and didn't log anything and only restarted recently. I'm only doing it to break through a plateau that I sat at for a year. Once I break through I probably won't be logging anything. This time I'm logging to ensure that I make appropriate choices for protein, fat and carbs not just calories.
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    I have been working on maintenance energy balance for about a month and think that weighing (both myself and the food) will need to be a forever habit. Unique situation obviously but I have OCD and now the thought of not logging/being in logging imprecise situations is so much harder for me than not logging would ever be

Me too! (OCD)
    So far, my weighing and logging hasn't been affected at all.......but new/different compulsions seem to pop up about every 6-12 months, so one never knows. :)

• nitromaniac
    nitromaniac Posts: 2,479 Member
    Options
    I've just been logging for about 3 months, but I have never weighed out portions. It's working for me so f,ar and I am hoping that by being able to eyeball portion sizes I can continue that without logging after I reach my goal.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,841 Member
    Options
    I stopped weighing and logging things regularly about 9 months ago. I have a few days where I do and then a few days where I don't.

I've spent most of my life at my current weight (low end of my BMI) so I feel like I've just returned to my usual way of eating.