Accidental Calorie Bombs.

Options
I was inspired in another thread, so let's have a little fun/bout of depression: What food did you not log/check info on a restaurant site, etc, ate it, then was like "Holy CRAP"??

For me, it was the Gravy and Biscuits meal at Steak and shake. Impromptu brunch with momma, and i figured, it can't be THAT bad, those biscuits are tiny! Yeahhhhhh, 1069 calories....oh, and 666 are calories from fat, proving this meal was the absolute devil.

What have you enjoyed, thinking it would be high in calories, but not THAT high, and had to just take a hit for the day and say eff it? Lol.

Replies

• sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Teriyaki chicken with white rice at Cheesecake Factory. I mean, I know it was the Cheesecake Factory and that their calories are WAY up there, but I thought that I could get by with Teriyaki Chicken. It wasn't all that much food in comparison to what others had.

1400 calories.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    sllm1 wrote: »
    Teriyaki chicken with white rice at Cheesecake Factory. I mean, I know it was the Cheesecake Factory and that their calories are WAY up there, but I thought that I could get by with Teriyaki Chicken. It wasn't all that much food in comparison to what others had.

1400 calories.

Thank God there's not one of those around me. I'd be done for.
  • jnielsen1975
    jnielsen1975 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had the splenda cheesecake, low carb fallacy. it was 690 cals! it wasn't worth it, go for the real thing if you are gonna do it, might as well, the fake cheesecake was almost 400 cals less than the regular versions but taste wise it was eh.
  • hollyrayburn
    Options
    I had the splenda cheesecake, low carb fallacy. it was 690 cals! it wasn't worth it, go for the real thing if you are gonna do it, might as well, the fake cheesecake was almost 400 cals less than the regular versions but taste wise it was eh.

I hate Splenda so that'd be a no go for me anyway! Lol :tongue:
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Creme Brûlée martinis :open_mouth: I knew they were bad, but even worse than the splurge dinner I had??
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Mini brownie concrete at Freddy's Steakburger - 840 calories. How do they even do that?!? :o
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I had a vegetable fajita plate at a Mexican place early in my calorie counting days. I was thinking, vegetables and beans, tiny tortillas . . . how bad could it be? The place didn't have a calorie count on their website, but my research after the meal led me to believe I had at least 1,100 calories . . . and I didn't even have the cheese or sour cream. That was an eye-opener, I took much less for granted after that.
  • hollyrayburn
    Options
    Mini brownie concrete at Freddy's Steakburger - 840 calories. How do they even do that?!? :o

I've been wanting to try their frozen custard. That'll be a no-go, unless I totally kill it at the gym one day. LOL.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I've been wanting to try their frozen custard. That'll be a no-go, unless I totally kill it at the gym one day. LOL.

It's totally worth it, if you have extra calories to use.
  • hollyrayburn
    Options

It's totally worth it, if you have extra calories to use.

Okay, note to self: Kick *kitten* at the gym one day, because there is a location perfectly seated to swoop into on the drive home. ;)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    The blasphemous tourtiere on the cbc website....holy calories, batman. Over 600 cals for 1/8th of the pie.

But it was SO good. Best tourtiere I've ever had.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    My mother-in-law makes us some fantastic zucchini bread whenever she visits. I asked her for the recipe so I could cypher the calories and the portion I was regularly eating, not a big one by any means (I don't recall the grams) was about 875 calories. I was on a deficit then and I'm little so those couple days were blown to hell. Sooo good though.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    My mother-in-law makes us some fantastic zucchini bread whenever she visits. I asked her for the recipe so I could cypher the calories and the portion I was regularly eating, not a big one by any means (I don't recall the grams) was about 875 calories. I was on a deficit then and I'm little so those couple days were blown to hell. Sooo good though.

Wow, that's some bread!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »

Wow, that's some bread!

Yeah, it is. Very dense. There's some in my freezer at the moment from their visit in September for my daughter's 16th. They always bring several loaves at a time. I'll work it in some this winter while bulking. :p
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    benihana dragon roll - nearly 600 calories per roll and close to 1600 sodium.

giphy.gif
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I got an appetizer for lunch at Pei Wei's. It was a small plate of Traditional Chicken Lettuce Wraps. 770 calories. Not much food there. Never again.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Just met with friends at Panera Bread, which I don't usually go to. I checked their menu for an afternoon dessert type thing and was surprised at how calorie dense their stuff was! I ended up just getting a tea for 0 calories sigh....
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Arby's Roast Turkey Ranch & Bacon Sandwich.

I used to eat them all of the time and think of them as a lower-calorie meal choice. After I started tracking, I found out that one sandwich has 800 calories. Not only that, the sodium is 2420 mg and I need to watch my sodium. :'(
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    2,500 mg in the French Dip sub at Arby's. I don't watch my sodium, but that's CRAZY. Automatic water retention/bloat/extra two pounds on the scale for three days = not worth it.