Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    7/22 Saturday JFT:

Brunch with the family
    Kid swim lessons
    Budget meeting with husband
    Family meeting
    Grocery List (shopping on Sunday)
    Lunch then run on elliptical (make this happen!)
    Manage Saturday Chores
    Help husband with his "Weekend Project" :D
    Physics HW and online HW (Ch. 25 due tonight)
    Begin Ch. 26 Physics HW
    Dinner by 7 pm
    Family Movie-Night
    Bedtime by midnight

Try to pull myself outta this depressed state :(

I wish I had time to address everyone's post, just know I read all of them and sympathize with the struggles and am encouraged by all the awesome plans!!!! Everyone just keep hanging in there and know I'm rooting for everyone's success!! I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and I pray blessings for all B)
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was pretty good!

- 1 hour walking :)
    - 3 x 5 stair climbs :)
    - Do recovery exercises 3 times :)
    - Eat 5+ portions of fruit and veg :| 4-5 - I had 5 different ones but the portions of two were quite small
    - Drink 2 litres water + 2 cups peppermint tea :)

Keeping it simple today, same goals:

- 1 hour walking
    - 3 x 5 stair climbs
    - Do recovery exercises 3 times
    - Eat 5+ portions of fruit and veg
    - Drink 2 litres water + 2 cups peppermint tea
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    @OConnell5483 Happy that you're going out in the boat! Hopefully a nice relaxing weekend will refresh you and set you up for next week. :) don't feel guilty about not working! It'll make you more productive, honestly.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Recap 7/21 TGIF - Dining challenge du jour is lunch w/ 6 former coworkers from my old, long-time dept. Really, only 3 of them need to be there for me to be happy. :wink: Great lunch, only 5 others made it, but my favorite 3 were there so all good! :smiley:
    1) Walked dog 3.09 miles before work & saw 2 bunnies :smiley: Very humid & dripping when I got home :'(
    2) Preview café menu. I love this place, lots of great choices! Choose healthy option. = Stuck w/ my original selection of avocado BLT (delish!) and water. Logged it all. :smiley:
    3) Keep net calories in green = Net calories green by 20 :smiley:
    4) Pick up Packers 5K race packet at Lambeau Field. It's going to be another warm & very humid a.m. Forecast for 71F + 70DP at start = yuck!. Still shooting for < 48 min. but with humidity I'll be happy with 50. = Done, and visited w/ another former colleague, who's retired and doing lots of charity volunteer work, including at packets pick-ups. :smiley:
    4) Bedtime 10:15 b/c 5K starts 8 a.m. Sat. :smiley: Don't remember bedtime, left for race 7:30 a.m. in plenty of time :smile:

Quick Sat. 7/22 recap
    1) Packers 5K in < 48 minutes (50 tops) = Woohoo! Even w/ temps in 70s and dew points around 65, chip time was 48:10. :smiley: Pace of 15:31 per mile, pretty good for walking! :smiley:
    2) Spent rest of day w/ hubby, even movie & dinner date <3<3<3 Logged everything best I could & net calories green 19 :smile:
    3) Gave myself permission to skip farmers market for 1st time this summer / need to clean out fridge anyway :smile:

JFT Sunday 7/21 o:)
    1) Church 9:00
    2) Walk dog longer route
    3) Do something w/ hubby
    4) Sort laundry for M a.m.
    5) Bedtime 10:30 & TV off
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    JFT, Saturday:
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Hydrate half my weight :)
    3. Get in some fruits and vegetables today :/ Need to work on this
    4. Try really hard not to talk about work today :)
    5. Go clothes shopping later and look for something to wear to granddaughter's graduation party tomorrow that makes me feel comfortable and good about myself. :s I did go clothes shopping. I tried on EIGHTEEN items and none of them looked nice or fit well. What an eye opener! So depressing.
    6. Journal. Journal in my "Daily thoughts" journal where I can vent or say anything I want, and journal in my "5 things I'm grateful for today" journal. :/ Fell asleep
    7. LIsten to Calm - meditate today :/ Fell asleep
    8. Enjoy today, be in the present. :)

Just for Sunday, 7/23
    1. Make healthy choices at GD's graduation party and log every bite today
    2. Stay Green
    3. HYDRATE! Fingers are puffing up like little sausages
    4. Do the 15 minutes for me challenge. Decide what my 15 minutes per day will be spent doing. (A few ideas are: sewing, reading fiction novel, walking alone, writing, meditating with Calm, bubble bath...need to pick something and make myself take the time every day to do it for 15 minutes)
    5. Get ready for the week...laundry, pack breakfast, lunch and snacks and pre-log them
    6. Just for tonight, I will NOT eat ice cream.
    7. Spend time in reflection, prayer, meditation and journaling one hour before bed.
    8. Try to be sleeping by 10:30 tonight. Still not feeling well. Get rest before work tomorrow.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone! :relaxed:
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Missed Saturday
    junodog1 wrote: »
    Friday
    :) Vacuum - I looooooove my new vacuum
    :) Mow pasture - I got so filthy
    :) Find title for horse trailer - we did this and got the title transferred
    :) Beater Video - round 2
    :) 10K plus steps -
    :/ Defrost Ham - you know so I can drive my sodium up for the week - not until Sunday
    :) No refined carbs day 4/4 BTW - this is was hard
    :( 5 Books in the donation box - will do today + 5 more ten total
    :( Bed by 11:30 - not good12:35

07-23-2017 Just For Today
    My today is kinda screwed up cause I went to the office. Let's keep it simple
    • Stay "in the green"
    • 10K steps I'm only at 2956 !
    • Write up due assignments for Hogwarts
    • call Mom
    • 5 Books more in the donation box
    • Bed by 11:30

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    JFT, Friday
    1. go to the gym in the morning :)
    2. session with personal trainer in the afternoon, for a free assessment! Yikes! Not sure why I signed up for this, other than it is free, and maybe he can give me pointers on increasing my metabolism! :) This 1 hr was great!! I wish I could afford a personal trainer - he showed me so much! Most of the exercises he told me to do do not require any equipment - just using my own body. Side kicks, squats (using a chair though :) , arm rotation, etc.
    3. close the kitchen after dinner, except for a PLANNED snack :)
    4. drink water :)

Did not get anything posted for saturday, and did OK, except forgot to "close" the kitchen in the evening!
    Since today is almost over, I'm going to post my monday goals instead.

My main goal is I want to see how many days in a row I can officially "close" the kitchen, and only what small snack I have planned. If I can do this, I know I will see the scale moving!

SO, JFT, Monday, 7/24
    1. log all food
    2. go to gym in the morning. Do all the weight exercises I am suppose to, and reduce treadmill to 45 minutes, and do 15 minutes on another cardio machine. I was told it is good to switch it up!
    3. drink water
    4. CLOSE the kitchen after dinner, except for small "planned" snack. I am going to see if I can be successful at this 7 days in a row!
    5. brush and floss teeth after dinner to keep me from eating. It is so much work brushing and flossing, I never want to eat -- so going to try this!
    6. If weather is not so hot - work in the yard. We have had over 5 days of above 100 degree weather!

I hope you all had a great weekend.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I have so many of you I want to reply to but I have to hurry and get my goals on here today. My honey is taking me out in the boat! Yea!!!

SO happy you went out on the boat!! I hope you thoroughly enjoyed yourself!!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    It's been a few days! I feel like I am a terrible poster because I can't seem to keep it up for more than a day or two!

Gonna try this again! It's been a great day even though I had to go to a wake for my manager's son today. But had a great day nonetheless. Didn't wake up until 1 pm and ran around for about two hours. Mom had a little music party for her folky friends and I was able to go spend a little time there and sang a song with mom. It's a music round where everyone sings a song and it keeps going around and around. It was great. Mom and I sound great when we sing together. We have great voices that compliment each other. I think I am going to practice a few songs and go with her to the next one and sing with her. I forgot how much fun it was.

But anyway! Onto my goals for tomorrow!

1. Log all food
    2. Stay in green
    3. Keep drawer balanced at work
    4. Ask for help if I need it
    5. Type up August budget
    6. Do laundry
    7. Put food in the crockpot before work
    8. Eat yummy healthy dinner
    9. Do yoga
    10. Work on Hogwarts challenge
    11. Bed whenever(am off for two days)

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    7/22 Saturday JFT:

✔Brunch with the family
    ✔Kid swim lessons
    ✔Budget meeting with husband
    ❌Family meeting
    ❌Grocery List (shopping on Sunday)
    ❌Lunch then run on elliptical (make this happen!)
    ✔Manage Saturday Chores
    ❌Help husband with his "Weekend Project" (He did not need my help after all.)
    ✔Physics HW and online HW (Ch. 25 due tonight)
    ❌Begin Ch. 26 Physics HW
    ❌Dinner by 7 pm
    ❌Family Movie-Night
    ✔Bedtime by midnight

Turns out Saturday was a huge failure. I just let my emotions ( :'( )out in the A.M. Then slept the entire day. I guess the good side of this is; I feel rested finally.

7/23 Sunday JFT:

✔Brunch with family
    ✔Laundry
    ✔Physics HW and Online HW (Ch. 26)
    soon-->Bedtime by midnight
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    Succeeded with all of yesterday's goals!

- 1 hour walking :D Smashed it -1h40! (Was totally exhausted afterwards)
    - 3 x 5 stair climbs :)
    - Do recovery exercises 3 times :)
    - Eat 5+ portions of fruit and veg :)
    - Drink 2 litres water + 2 cups peppermint tea :)

Today's goals:

- 1 hour walking
    - 3 x 5 stair climbs
    - Do recovery exercises 3 times
    - Eat 5+ portions of fruit and veg
    - Drink 2 litres water + 2 cups peppermint tea

- Read one chapter of behavioural economics book
    - Do one module of perfectionism online course
    - Review to-do list and remove non-important things
    - Cross one thing off today
    - Watch GoT and Handmaid's Tale!
  • junodog1
    Options

Yesterday
    My today is kinda screwed up cause I went to the office. Let's keep it simple

:) Stay "in the green"
    :) 10K steps I'm only at 2956 ! - Got 11,284
    :) Write up due assignments for Hogwarts
    <3 call Mom I could have skipped everything else but this is important :+1:
    :( 5 Books more in the donation box I'll do this tonight
    :'( Bed by 11:30 - ha! we were still walking the dog when it became Monday

07-24-2017 Just For Today
    • No chocolate bits at work (or at home - but I don't have any at home)
    • Stay in the green
    • 64+ oz H20 - (eating ham for the next few days)
    • C25K W4 D1
    • Bed by 11:00
    • CS Terminal Leave
    • July FRS clearing
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap Sunday 7/23
    1) Church 9:00 :smile:
    2) Walk dog longer route = 3.58 miles in very humid weather (again) & happy dog :smiley:
    3) Do something w/ hubby <3:smile: We finally had a homemade supper together / weekends are the only evenings we are home together. I made parsleyed red potatoes & caprese salad with herbs from patio. Also made banana strawberry smoothies, Hungarian cucumber salad and chocolate zucchini cake. Along w/ beef hot dogs, hubby's favorite. After days of eating great, and good scale readings, I overate. Reminder: One bad meal won't transform my body, just like one good meal won't equal immediate results. The body builds itself from habit. [Jonathan Ross, trainer] :smile:
    4) Sort laundry for M a.m. = done :smile:
    5) Bedtime 10:30 & TV off = no & this always screws up my next day :/

JFT M 7/24 - Dog started barking like mad at something at 5 A.M. Not a great start to the day. At least the weather has finally cooled & humidity is gone (for now). :s
    1) Two loads of laundry washed & on clothesline before work / fold laundry after hair appt. in evening
    2) Stairs > 25 floors
    3) Keep net calories green
    4) Unwind 9:30 / bedtime 10:15 & TV off
  • cschmitz110515
    Options

We need a new vacuum. What brand / kind did you get?
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories / sometimes too much. My weaknesses: my sweet tooth, especially chocolate, and portion control. I weigh myself daily and log weekly / posting my Saturday a.m. weigh-in here. [My digital scale only shows half pound increments.]

Height 5'4"
    GW #1: 150
    GW #2: 145
    Ultimate Goal Range: 140 - 145 [anything less is probably unsustainable]
    July Goal: lose 3 - 4# and stay < 174

5/31 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations
    6/3 = 177.5
    6/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    6/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    6/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    7/1 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    7/8 = 177.5
    7/15 = 176.5
    7/22 = 175.0
  • junodog1
    Options

Got it at BJs. Now it's on sale. Typically $250-300 depending on the "free" item you get with it.
    Shark NV765 Rotator Powered Lift-Away Deluxe Vacuum with Bonus Under-Appliance Wand

Link to sale vacuum

I needed a bagless vacuum. Too much pet hair to keep going thru bags. My sister has had one for about two years now and said she would sell one of her children for it.

I love it. The first two days I had it I just vacuumed and vacuumed. I got up more crap than I could imagine. I was constantly dumping the canister. Now I am vacuuming once a week and I have been emptying the canister twice downstairs which is about 1100 square feet; still picking up yuck. My house is mostly carpeted. I have a very heavy-shedding, two coated dog and a big cat. I would not be emptying the canister so much if not for all the pet hair.

If this thing keeps sucking like it does I won't care if it craps out after 2 years. I'll gladly buy another. but it has a 10-year warranty on the motor. Lot's of plastic parts so i am sure I will have to replace things over time. Plastic keeps the weight down.

The base model is not super on carpeted stairs. I think I will be getting an attachment to help with that. The canister lifts off the pole so the pole goes way way under under your bed, couches, chairs, etc.

I swear, the air in my house is cleaner. Their are two filters, which are washable.

That's all the excitement I got for now.

• mytime6630
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Starting weight Jan 1: 217
    Current weight 197.6
    Goal weight:175
    (5'11" tall)

Progress so far:
    Jan 1: 217
    Feb 1: 211
    March 1: 205.4
    April 1: 202.6
    May 1: 204.6 --- OOPS!!!!! GOING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION!!!!!! :/
    June 1: 200.4
    July 1: 199.2 (goal for month of July 4 pounds)

July 2: 199.2
    July 9: 198.0
    July 16 - missed this week
    July 23 - 197.6
  • junodog1
    edited July 2017
    Options

The only thing it won't do is get my cat to ride on it - like that Roomba kitty.

59dx7cqt62x7.jpg

Bummer.
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    @junodog1 Thanks for all the vacuum info! I love that you are so excited about your vacuum. :wink: More than I really expected anyhow. We have a dog that sheds blond hair constantly, we're always cleaning up after her. And a cat that sheds short black hair. I can't win with clothes, constantly have to brush myself off. Too bad about no "Roomba kitty". Thanks again! :smiley:
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    :sweat_smile: it's not just me who loves buying new appliances then.
    We bought a carpet cleaner (due to the dog and spillages from the girls) a vax one which came with a free steam cleaner.
    Much love for that thing :love: