SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Are we still talking numbers here?
    Recent PRs
    Squat 240
    Deadlift 290
    Bench...bench is stupid.

I'm hoping for a 250 squat and 300 DL by the end of March.

Guarantee you get these.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Recent PRs
    Squat 240
    Deadlift 290
    Bench...bench is stupid.

Guarantee you get these.

and bench the bar
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Recent PRs
    Squat 240
    Deadlift 290
    Bench...bench is stupid.

Guarantee you get these.

and bench the bar

Then you'll be all mad like kitten this kitten kitten in the kitten
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Recent PRs
    Squat 240
    Deadlift 290
    Bench...bench is stupid.

Guarantee you get these.

and bench the bar

I'm trying to piece this awesomeness together.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Recent PRs
    Squat 240
    Deadlift 290
    Bench...bench is stupid.

Guarantee you get these.

and bench the bar

Come on meow, you know it.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Recent PRs
    Squat 240
    Deadlift 290
    Bench...bench is stupid.

Guarantee you get these.

and bench the bar

Come on meow, you know it.

bahahahaha good one lemony
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    vinceno21 wrote: »
    I don't test my 1RM for another 3 weeks, but here is what I currently do for 6 reps, at 3 sets; and for fun, I did a 1RM calculator). I am 178lbs.

DL/Squat - 235lbs (Est 1RM 275)
    Bench - 155lb (Est 1RM 185)

Following: Bigger Leaner Stronger. I am in week 5. With very little/inconsistent heavy lifting prior. I did 4 weeks of 5/3/1 until lift got in the way.

Not to burst your bubble but the strength calculator is not that accurate and you cant base your 1rm off of that. You should get your numbers way up before you start offering your coaching on peoples routines.

Bench - 325lb
    Squat - 425
    DL - 455

Did you read that i said for fun? I know they are not accurate.

And why would my numbers matter? Knowledge isnt directly correlated with how much you lift. Look at Lyle McDonald.

Since you added to your comment i'll address that as well. Are you comparing yourself to Lyle Mcdonald? Anything physical requires much trial and error to achieve your goals. Nobody usually jumps on a compound movement and naturally has great form without hours of practice and failure. Never should you take advice from people who read a few articles and regurgitate what they read without actually experiencing it.

No, i am not. I do not have the experience or qualifications of him. And i know it was accurate.

So at what weight do i nees to lifr before i can offer valid advice? Do i get any additional for things like the severe tendinitis in both my forearms and wrist? How about the arthritis building up in my shoulders? Maybe the sciatica issues i have dealt with.

Knowledge does come with experience. But being able to lift big doesn't mean you are knowledgeable. It can mean you had a good teacher of form and a solid plan. It also might mean that you did that and combine with enhancers to get you there.

So if you want to judge me, fine but do it on my knowledge, not how much i lift.

Strength comes with experience and knowledge. Ask any power lifter out there and they will tell you how they have learned so much from their injuries that have happened over time and how they have adapted (tweaking technique, routines, weight, therapy etc). As to your injuries, I can tell that you probably practiced incorrect form and developed some bad habits. Me personally I have had my share of injuries, but I corrected them all and have zero pain in my body at the moment. Also, i believe I did judge you on your knowledge. Any beginner should spend as much time as possible learning proper technique versus jumping straight into power lifting routines, which lead to a list of injuries due to under development. Yes I am all about moving big weight, but I am more concerned about practicing proper technique over anything. I never said you cant offer advice i'm just making it clear to people that you need to take people with little experience recommendations with a grain of salt.

Hate break it to you but my injuries came well before my lifting career. But nice assumption.

Hate to break it to you but its not an assumption when we are on the topic of lifting weights and you talk about injuries in the middle of your argument in regards to the discussion. Any normal person would correlate that to the discussion. Be more clear if you choose to disagree. If we are talking about heavy weights and you bring up your injuries in the middle of your comment most would think those were caused by a movement.

Or for some of older folks we might think it's a pre existing injury that has nothing to do with lifting that will always give us problems or even an common autoimmune disease that causes those type of injuries because life happens.
  • nooneyuk88
    nooneyuk88 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This page got saltier than a pack of salty nuts that have spent a day floating in the Dead Sea before being ground into a pretzel at universal.

In an attempt to get back on Track I pb'd my 1 Rep Maxs on Monday

110 kg dead
    65kg squat
    55kg bench

@ 64 kg

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Recent PRs
    Squat 240
    Deadlift 290
    Bench...bench is stupid.

I have to agree with you in bench. Nothing is less awesome under the iron, than plopping ones *kitten* on a fluffy bench or seat to do something. Standing overhead work ftw.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Current lifts

Dead 606 lb
    Squat 593 lb
    Bench 330 lb

• tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    tross0924 wrote: »
    I don't test my 1RM for another 3 weeks, but here is what I currently do for 6 reps, at 3 sets; and for fun, I did a 1RM calculator). I am 178lbs.

Following: Bigger Leaner Stronger. I am in week 5. With very little/inconsistent heavy lifting prior. I did 4 weeks of 5/3/1 until lift got in the way.

Not to burst your bubble but the strength calculator is not that accurate and you cant base your 1rm off of that. You should get your numbers way up before you start offering your coaching on peoples routines.

Bench - 325lb
    Squat - 425
    DL - 455

Squat - 525
    Deads - 600
    Bench - 375

Dude, you should get your numbers way up before you throw shade at other people for their numbers.

Listen, I never threw the guy shade for his numbers ok? I'm not one to say oh you're weak so don't speak. That type of mentality is such a waste. I was telling him that if you're a beginner you shouldn't jump straight into powerlifting routines if you don't even have the basics down. Also, it seems like you are a bit hypocritical by sying dont throw someone shade about their numbers then say I should get mine up. Great job you're strong and you also have been lifting for 10 more years than I have lol.

Wow! You really do assume a lot of things! And you don't even see them as assumptions.

How long has psuLemon been lifting?
    How did he get injured? (I laughed at this one cause you said "I didn't assume anything I just took information that wasn't there and fit it in with what we were talking about and acted like that was fact.")
    How much experience does he have?
    How long have I been lifting? (Hint it's not 10 years total let alone 10 years longer than you, and yes I'm assuming you've lifted at least one day)
    How's my form? (Have you seen me squat or are you assuming that because I can move a lot of weight I must know what I'm talking about)

Also it seems like your sarcasm detector is broken . . .
  • vinceno21
    vinceno21 Posts: 32 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Bench - 325lb
    Squat - 425
    DL - 455

Squat - 525
    Deads - 600
    Bench - 375

Dude, you should get your numbers way up before you throw shade at other people for their numbers.

Listen, I never threw the guy shade for his numbers ok? I'm not one to say oh you're weak so don't speak. That type of mentality is such a waste. I was telling him that if you're a beginner you shouldn't jump straight into powerlifting routines if you don't even have the basics down. Also, it seems like you are a bit hypocritical by sying dont throw someone shade about their numbers then say I should get mine up. Great job you're strong and you also have been lifting for 10 more years than I have lol.

Wow! You really do assume a lot of things! And you don't even see them as assumptions.

How did he get injured? (I laughed at this one cause you said "I didn't assume anything I just took information that wasn't there and fit it in with what we were talking about and acted like that was fact.")
    How long have I been lifting? (Hint it's not 10 years total let alone 10 years longer than you, and yes I'm assuming you've lifted at least one day)
    How's my form? (Have you seen me squat or are you assuming that because I can move a lot of weight I must know what I'm talking about)

Basically you were being hypocritical telling me not to give someone a hard time about their numbers but you did the exact same thing to me. You're like 14 years older than me and have easily been working out a lot longer than I have lol. I really don't care but you're missing the point completely. This all started by me telling a beginner to not worry about moving heavy weight and to practice his technique. No need for your petty comments. Also, yea I would definitely assume and hope you have great form with numbers like that. Would you say I'm wrong about that and that you have no clue about what you're doing? And for the record I just got into power lifting like a year and a half ago so my numbers will be going way past where they currently are now. I started off bodybuilding for a few years and decided to bulk up and power lift a lot more frequently. Just because someone is a moderator doesn't mean you need to cook up some random comment that's not relevant at all to the discussion. I have nothing against psulemon and appreciate his opinion and this discussion.

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Options

Bench - 325lb
    Squat - 425
    DL - 455

Squat - 525
    Deads - 600
    Bench - 375

Basically you were being hypocritical telling me not to give someone a hard time about their numbers but you did the exact same thing to me. You're like 14 years older than me and have easily been working out a lot longer than I have lol. I really don't care but you're missing the point completely. This all started by me telling a beginner to not worry about moving heavy weight and to practice his technique. No need for your petty comments. Also, yea I would definitely assume and hope you have great form with numbers like that. Would you say I'm wrong about that and that you have no clue about what you're doing? And for the record I just got into power lifting like a year and a half ago so my numbers will be going way past where they currently are now. I started off bodybuilding for a few years and decided to bulk up and power lift a lot more frequently. Just because someone is a moderator doesn't mean you need to cook up some random comment that's not relevant at all to the discussion. I have nothing against psulemon and appreciate his opinion and this discussion.

So we can get back on track, let me say one last things and we can let this drop. When I made that suggested to that person, it wasn't a means to modify their programming because before you go down that road you need to understand all the variables. I made the comment because you can't adequately compare ones weight x 10/15 reps vs most people's 1RM or 3RM. I was simple stating, that if they wanted a comparable number, that they should go to the gym (pending they have good form) and try a 1RM or 3RM. That is what I did 5 weeks ago when I started the program (of which I have surpassed all my tested 1RMs). This way, if the person didn't want to feel weak or was curious on how they compared, they could make an apples to apples comparison.

This largely was extremely overblown and way too many assumptions were made. So let's just move on. It's really not worth my time or the time of anyone else.
  • vinceno21
    vinceno21 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Bench - 325lb
    Squat - 425
    DL - 455

Squat - 525
    Deads - 600
    Bench - 375

So we can get back on track, let me say one last things and we can let this drop. When I made that suggested to that person, it wasn't a means to modify their programming because before you go down that road you need to understand all the variables. I made the comment because you can't adequately compare ones weight x 10/15 reps vs most people's 1RM or 3RM. I was simple stating, that if they wanted a comparable number, that they should go to the gym (pending they have good form) and try a 1RM or 3RM. That is what I did 5 weeks ago when I started the program (of which I have surpassed all my tested 1RMs). This way, if the person didn't want to feel weak or was curious on how they compared, they could make an apples to apples comparison.

This largely was extremely overblown and way too many assumptions were made. So let's just move on. It's really not worth my time or the time of anyone else.

I agree and apologize for the misunderstanding sir. I never intended to have like 10 people try to battle me in this discussion haha.
  • MrHillman22
    MrHillman22 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Quick update

As of this week my PR's are now:
    175kg squat (385lbs)
    130kg bench press (2 reps) .. 286lbs
    220kg deadlift (484lbs)
  • AgentFlex
    AgentFlex Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Current 1RM's at 164 pound bodyweight

Squat: 225 pounds
    Bench: 150 pounds
    Deadlift: 280 pounds

Throwing in OHP because I love it, 105 pounds.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    BW: 165

Squat: 315
    Bench: 205
    Dead: 375

IMO numbers are just a me vs. me thing.....I applaud all those who want self betterment.

@nakedraygun might get me to do a PL meet this year......we shall see..............
  • AgentFlex
    AgentFlex Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Barbonica wrote: »
    BW: 161
    Age 55 ( i know, you didn't ask)

Squat: 185
    Bench: 120
    DL: 300

Goal for meet April 2: DL 320

I agree bench is stupid, but some day I too will bench using the big-girl plates.

You are amazing! I was stuck at 120 on bench for a solid year, managed to add 30 pounds to my bench this year doing 531.