• AgentFlex
    AgentFlex Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    jmule24 wrote: »
    BW: 165

Squat: 315
    Bench: 205
    Dead: 375

IMO numbers are just a me vs. me thing.....I applaud all those who want self betterment.

@nakedraygun might get me to do a PL meet this year......we shall see..............

They are a me vs. me thing for sure.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    AgentFlex wrote: »
    Current 1RM's at 164 pound bodyweight

Squat: 225 pounds
    Bench: 150 pounds
    Deadlift: 280 pounds

Throwing in OHP because I love it, 105 pounds.

Nuh uh. Nobody loves the devil's exercise... >:)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

OHP is amazing, and since we're tossing it in now, my calced (again, based on 5/3/1 max reps I've done) max:

OHP: 150

Still not quite 1x bodyweight (174 atm). I shame my family by being so weak at putting things overhead.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    vinceno21 wrote: »
    tross0924 wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »
    I don't test my 1RM for another 3 weeks, but here is what I currently do for 6 reps, at 3 sets; and for fun, I did a 1RM calculator). I am 178lbs.

DL/Squat - 235lbs (Est 1RM 275)
    Bench - 155lb (Est 1RM 185)

Following: Bigger Leaner Stronger. I am in week 5. With very little/inconsistent heavy lifting prior. I did 4 weeks of 5/3/1 until lift got in the way.

Not to burst your bubble but the strength calculator is not that accurate and you cant base your 1rm off of that. You should get your numbers way up before you start offering your coaching on peoples routines.

Bench - 325lb
    Squat - 425
    DL - 455

Squat - 525
    Deads - 600
    Bench - 375

Dude, you should get your numbers way up before you throw shade at other people for their numbers.

Listen, I never threw the guy shade for his numbers ok? I'm not one to say oh you're weak so don't speak. That type of mentality is such a waste. I was telling him that if you're a beginner you shouldn't jump straight into powerlifting routines if you don't even have the basics down. Also, it seems like you are a bit hypocritical by sying dont throw someone shade about their numbers then say I should get mine up. Great job you're strong and you also have been lifting for 10 more years than I have lol.

Wow! You really do assume a lot of things! And you don't even see them as assumptions.

How long has psuLemon been lifting?
    How did he get injured? (I laughed at this one cause you said "I didn't assume anything I just took information that wasn't there and fit it in with what we were talking about and acted like that was fact.")
    How much experience does he have?
    How long have I been lifting? (Hint it's not 10 years total let alone 10 years longer than you, and yes I'm assuming you've lifted at least one day)
    How's my form? (Have you seen me squat or are you assuming that because I can move a lot of weight I must know what I'm talking about)

Also it seems like your sarcasm detector is broken . . .

1-Basically you were being hypocritical telling me not to give someone a hard time about their numbers but you did the exact same thing to me.

2-You're like 14 years older than me and have easily been working out a lot longer than I have lol. I really don't care but you're missing the point completely.

3-This all started by me telling a beginner to not worry about moving heavy weight and to practice his technique.

4-No need for your petty comments.

5-Also, yea I would definitely assume and hope you have great form with numbers like that. Would you say I'm wrong about that and that you have no clue about what you're doing?

6-And for the record I just got into power lifting like a year and a half ago so my numbers will be going way past where they currently are now. I started off bodybuilding for a few years and decided to bulk up and power lift a lot more frequently.

Since we're moving on I'll do my last points and then let it drop too.

1- I used your words to point out that you were being dismissive of someone else. I never meant to say that my numbers are bigger so listen to me. I was attempting to be sarcastic.

2- I lifted for 3 years in high school, took a 20 year break and then started lifting for about 2 years. The point that your missing is that you made another assumption about me. You assumed because I'm older I "have easily been working out a lot longer" than you when the truth is it's only a tiny bit longer.

3- No, this started when you made an assumption of someones ability to provide useful information based not on the merit of the information they provided, but on the amount of weight they can move. The information they give is what is relevant. And telling someone who's doing 15 rep sets who wants to feel stronger that they should lower the reps and move more weight is valid information. Maybe you have a point in saying that before they increase the weight they should make sure their form is good, but saying "you need to get you numbers up before you start offering advice" is definitely not the way to make that point.

4- You're right. I'm sorry. I find myself humorous and I try and say witty things to entertain myself sometimes.

5- You're making the same mistake here that you made before. Assuming someone is knowledgeable or not based on the number they lift. What if my squat is more like a 1/8 squat? What if I bounce the bar so hard off my chest that people watching think my ribs are going to break? The numbers a person lifts tell you nothing about their level of knowledge.

6- Good! Keep working your tail off and I'm sure your strength will continue to improve.

Side note - what program are you running for lifting? I really liked 5/3/1. I'm able to see 5 lbs a month on all my lifts and 10 lbs most months on deads and squats. Almost guaranteed. But I like trying new things every once in a while too.
  • vinceno21
    vinceno21 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I don't test my 1RM for another 3 weeks, but here is what I currently do for 6 reps, at 3 sets; and for fun, I did a 1RM calculator). I am 178lbs.

Following: Bigger Leaner Stronger. I am in week 5. With very little/inconsistent heavy lifting prior. I did 4 weeks of 5/3/1 until lift got in the way.

Not to burst your bubble but the strength calculator is not that accurate and you cant base your 1rm off of that. You should get your numbers way up before you start offering your coaching on peoples routines.

Bench - 325lb
    Squat - 425
    DL - 455

Squat - 525
    Deads - 600
    Bench - 375

Dude, you should get your numbers way up before you throw shade at other people for their numbers.

Listen, I never threw the guy shade for his numbers ok? I'm not one to say oh you're weak so don't speak. That type of mentality is such a waste. I was telling him that if you're a beginner you shouldn't jump straight into powerlifting routines if you don't even have the basics down. Also, it seems like you are a bit hypocritical by sying dont throw someone shade about their numbers then say I should get mine up. Great job you're strong and you also have been lifting for 10 more years than I have lol.

Wow! You really do assume a lot of things! And you don't even see them as assumptions.

How did he get injured? (I laughed at this one cause you said "I didn't assume anything I just took information that wasn't there and fit it in with what we were talking about and acted like that was fact.")
    How long have I been lifting? (Hint it's not 10 years total let alone 10 years longer than you, and yes I'm assuming you've lifted at least one day)
    How's my form? (Have you seen me squat or are you assuming that because I can move a lot of weight I must know what I'm talking about)

1-Basically you were being hypocritical telling me not to give someone a hard time about their numbers but you did the exact same thing to me.

2-You're like 14 years older than me and have easily been working out a lot longer than I have lol. I really don't care but you're missing the point completely.

3-This all started by me telling a beginner to not worry about moving heavy weight and to practice his technique.

5-Also, yea I would definitely assume and hope you have great form with numbers like that. Would you say I'm wrong about that and that you have no clue about what you're doing?

6-And for the record I just got into power lifting like a year and a half ago so my numbers will be going way past where they currently are now. I started off bodybuilding for a few years and decided to bulk up and power lift a lot more frequently.

1- I used your words to point out that you were being dismissive of someone else. I never meant to say that my numbers are bigger so listen to me. I was attempting to be sarcastic.

2- I lifted for 3 years in high school, took a 20 year break and then started lifting for about 2 years. The point that your missing is that you made another assumption about me. You assumed because I'm older I "have easily been working out a lot longer" than you when the truth is it's only a tiny bit longer.

3- No, this started when you made an assumption of someones ability to provide useful information based not on the merit of the information they provided, but on the amount of weight they can move. The information they give is what is relevant. And telling someone who's doing 15 rep sets who wants to feel stronger that they should lower the reps and move more weight is valid information. Maybe you have a point in saying that before they increase the weight they should make sure their form is good, but saying "you need to get you numbers up before you start offering advice" is definitely not the way to make that point.

4- You're right. I'm sorry. I find myself humorous and I try and say witty things to entertain myself sometimes.

5- You're making the same mistake here that you made before. Assuming someone is knowledgeable or not based on the number they lift. What if my squat is more like a 1/8 squat? What if I bounce the bar so hard off my chest that people watching think my ribs are going to break? The numbers a person lifts tell you nothing about their level of knowledge.

6- Good! Keep working your tail off and I'm sure your strength will continue to improve.

Side note - what program are you running for lifting? I really liked 5/3/1. I'm able to see 5 lbs a month on all my lifts and 10 lbs most months on deads and squats. Almost guaranteed. But I like trying new things every once in a while too.

All good man appreciate the response. I enjoy following the Super training guys like Silent Mike and Mark Bell cause I literally live down the road from their gym in sac. I'm about to start another Kizen program they have because their bench program worked pretty well for me. Ill look into that program you mentioned cause it sounds like you're making some really solid strength gains.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options

Bench - 325lb
    Squat - 425
    DL - 455

Squat - 525
    Deads - 600
    Bench - 375

All good man appreciate the response. I enjoy following the Super training guys like Silent Mike and Mark Bell cause I literally live down the road from their gym in sac. I'm about to start another Kizen program they have because their bench program worked pretty well for me. Ill look into that program you mentioned cause it sounds like you're making some really solid strength gains.

Look at the stickies. The lift program one has a link to 531.
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Barbonica wrote: »
    BW: 161
    Age 55 ( i know, you didn't ask)

Squat: 185
    Bench: 120
    DL: 300

Goal for meet April 2: DL 320

I agree bench is stupid, but some day I too will bench using the big-girl plates.

You rock!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

OHP is amazing, and since we're tossing it in now, my calced (again, based on 5/3/1 max reps I've done) max:

OHP: 150

Still not quite 1x bodyweight (174 atm). I shame my family by being so weak at putting things overhead.

That great ratio :).

I think my best at OHP is 225ish. I'm probably at 200 right now coming off a 150 X 10 recent set after a cut.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Are we still talking numbers here?
    Recent PRs
    Squat 240
    Deadlift 290
    Bench...bench is stupid.

I'm hoping for a 250 squat and 300 DL by the end of March.

I have to agree with you in bench. Nothing is less awesome under the iron, than plopping ones *kitten* on a fluffy bench or seat to do something. Standing overhead work ftw.

It's just what coach @SideSteel tells me when I send him messages freaking out about my light bench. I've decided to not get worked up anymore.
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Squat: 170 lbs / 77 kg x 2
    Bench: 115 lb / 52 kg x 8
    Deadlift: 220 lb / 100kg x 1

Bodyweight (current) 143 lbs / 65 kg at 5'7" / 171 cm

Hey I'm a skinny runner so my numbers are nothing special! I lift twice a week.
  • mslesnett
    mslesnett Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Squat: 500
    Deadlift: 560
    Bench: 400

Ive been benching for years just recently in the past year started squats and deadlifts. 5'11" 192. Never weighed more than 200. Thats why im here is to gain!! Cheers everyone! Definitely some strong folks here!
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    mslesnett wrote: »
    Squat: 500
    Deadlift: 560
    Bench: 400

Ive been benching for years just recently in the past year started squats and deadlifts. 5'11" 192. Never weighed more than 200. Thats why im here is to gain!! Cheers everyone! Definitely some strong folks here!

Great #'s
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    Squat: 170 lbs / 77 kg x 2
    Bench: 115 lb / 52 kg x 8
    Deadlift: 220 lb / 100kg x 1

Bodyweight (current) 143 lbs / 65 kg at 5'7" / 171 cm

Hey I'm a skinny runner so my numbers are nothing special! I lift twice a week.

Nice bud !
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    jmule24 wrote: »
    BW: 165

Squat: 315
    Bench: 205
    Dead: 375

IMO numbers are just a me vs. me thing.....I applaud all those who want self betterment.

@nakedraygun might get me to do a PL meet this year......we shall see..............
    @jmule24

Next meet I'm training for is the Badger Open in June. You should do that with me.
  • cjohnsonss
    cjohnsonss Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've never maxed deadlifts or squats. I rep 225 for both. Max bench was 255 about 3 months ago. I've been focused on cutting for the last month and a half, so I'm not sure where I'll sit on any of them now.
    Repped 245 for 3 on the bench last week.
  • cjohnsonss
    cjohnsonss Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    ash_garbz wrote: »
    5ft8 155lbs-
    Deadlift 150kg
    Squat 100kg
    Bench - hard to 1rm when you train alone so I'd be guessing.
    Recently back in the gym after a 2 year back injury so numbers are improving every week and gains are coming back ☺️

Dumbells are your friend on chest day when you're alone, or just ask someone at the gym for a spot. Everyone at my gym is always happy to help.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    aelunyu wrote: »
    rasalmihir wrote: »
    Damn, this thread makes me feel so weak. Great numbers y'all! I have never tried 1RMs, but these are my highest numbers during regular sets.

Squat - 172lbs/ 68kg (x15)
    Bench - 140lbs/ 56kg (x10)
    Deadlift - 185lbs/ 74kg (x10)

I'm 138pounds and 6'0" tall. I know, skinny AF and I need to up my game. Been working out for 2 years with a lot of gaps.

If you want to feel strong, stop doing crazy amount of reps. Work closer to the 4-6 rep range and the increases in strength will occur much faster.

Also, why are we bothering with really weird tiny plates? Haha, I'm sure there's some method to the madness but considering your volume, I don't think it's worth to time to scrouge up 1kg or 2.5lb discs in the gym.

what's wrong with the cookies?

I have to convince the guys that fail weights when they start jumping up in plates that there are OTHER weights available to them besides 45's and even 35's.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    aelunyu wrote: »
    rasalmihir wrote: »
    Damn, this thread makes me feel so weak. Great numbers y'all! I have never tried 1RMs, but these are my highest numbers during regular sets.

Squat - 172lbs/ 68kg (x15)
    Bench - 140lbs/ 56kg (x10)
    Deadlift - 185lbs/ 74kg (x10)

I'm 138pounds and 6'0" tall. I know, skinny AF and I need to up my game. Been working out for 2 years with a lot of gaps.

If you want to feel strong, stop doing crazy amount of reps. Work closer to the 4-6 rep range and the increases in strength will occur much faster.

Also, why are we bothering with really weird tiny plates? Haha, I'm sure there's some method to the madness but considering your volume, I don't think it's worth to time to scrouge up 1kg or 2.5lb discs in the gym.

what's wrong with the cookies?

I have to convince the guys that fail weights when they start jumping up in plates that there are OTHER weights available to them besides 45's and even 35's.

15f370ba820f9dce1a99e65e016ad8be.jpg
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Squat - 345 lbs
    Front Squat - 315
    Deads- 435 lbs
    Bench- 250 lbs

5,8" at 168lbs