How many pushups can u do in a row?

Options

Replies

• pbandwine
    pbandwine Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    All of them.

But for real - I won a push up contest last year by doing 75 in a minute.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    pbandwine wrote: »
    All of them.

But for real - I won a push up contest last year by doing 75 in a minute.

DAMN! That is impressive, wow girl. I salute you.
  • Gimsteinn
    Options
    Gimsteinn wrote: »
    I don't know, what kind of push ups are we talking cause I can do a few variations...

Someone just told me I was being arrogant and I'm very sorry if it sounds like I'm arrogant.. But honestly there are so many variations and in some I'm decent and suck at others so I just honestly wanted to know what type of push ups people refer to as push ups... To me a standard push up is a military one but once I thought the one with your arms in straight line from your shoulder was the standard so I was honestly asking what kind of push ups..

I'm very sorry if I sounded arrogant.
  • pbandwine
    pbandwine Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I don't know, what kind of push ups are we talking cause I can do a few variations...

Someone just told me I was being arrogant and I'm very sorry if it sounds like I'm arrogant.. But honestly there are so many variations and in some I'm decent and suck at others so I just honestly wanted to know what type of push ups people refer to as push ups... To me a standard push up is a military one but once I thought the one with your arms in straight line from your shoulder was the standard so I was honestly asking what kind of push ups..

That didn't sound arrogant. That's a legit question.
  • PaulGDuncan
    PaulGDuncan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not nearly enough. I was recently tapped to do 22 pushups for 22 days (on video) to represent my veteran brothers and sisters who commit suicide every day and was dismayed that I could not do 22 clean pushups. Soooooo, I've just downloaded an app called "Push ups: 100 push up challenge trainer free" and am going to get to the point where I can do 100 at age 53.
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean arrogant,I meant ur making me look bad
  • Gimsteinn
    Options
    kwph wrote: »
    I didn't mean arrogant,I meant ur making me look bad

I adore you and I'm no where near your level of fitness coach
  • Xvapor
    Xvapor Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Just did 4
  • bhwalsh1
    bhwalsh1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It varies depending on the persons body composition and current weight. Longer arms means further distance muscle are under strain, heavier weight means greater force required to move the body. Personally if I work out chest and super set push ups in I can maybe do 10-15 to fail but with a slight warm up and not focusing on chest that day the number is probably closer to 100 mark.
  • xzsharp
    xzsharp Posts: 781 Member
    Options
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options

that's a very legitimate question. I think form trumps the movement in most cases. When someone tells me they can do 40 pull-ups, and dangle about like a chimp on a rod, I don't find that all too much impressive, compared to a paused proper 10 pull-ups.
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Just did 45 standard ones.
  • Gimsteinn
    Options
    subcounter wrote: »

that's a very legitimate question. I think form trumps the movement in most cases. When someone tells me they can do 40 pull-ups, and dangle about like a chimp on a rod, I don't find that all too much impressive, compared to a paused proper 10 pull-ups.

I agree.. And like with push ups pull ups have so many variations.. On a good day I can do 3-5 hanging... but a friend of mine claims to do 12 but he doesn't go down to a full hanging position.. Then we have the kipping pull ups and the butterfly pull ups and if people know the movement in these, then they can do a lot more than when they do hanging.. It's not the same..
  • Gimsteinn
    Options
    LL5lifts wrote: »

I don't know who is telling you this stuff (that you sound arrogant). Try not to let other people have any power over you....who are they to tell you how to act and what to think. Sorry but that just rubbed me the wrong way with all the stuff you are going through.

Can I adopt you?
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    After about 20 my life starts to flash before my eyes and imminent death begins to set in.

Do you hold your breath...lol

We'll just say my breathing technique could use improvement lol
  • lucilaperez1
    lucilaperez1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can do 40 complete, wide arm push ups if I haven't warmed up at all. If I am warmed up - I can do 60.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I don't know. The last time I tried was 3(?) years ago. I got to 47 when someone walked into my office and I needed to stop. Felt like I had 10-20 more in me.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    15-20 depending on my mood. Maybe a few more if cash or honor were involved.

*this is standard pushups. IDK how many I could do on my knees.