How many pushups can u do in a row?

Options

Replies

• Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    Nothing against you men but I just wanna say I'm super proud of all the ladies here doing push ups :D
    It's way to often I hear that men should lift and women should just lift low weights and go to yoga or zumba class.. I'm just so happy to read how many woman are actually badasses and winning push up competitions.
    And the ones who are just starting out and doing 1 push up or knee push ups.. damn girls, I'm proud of you! Keep going!!
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    @Gimsteinn

You got me all wrong...

If you look up the website where I pulled the charts from, you'll find the Cooper Push-ups test, it's basically the upper body version of the Cooper 12min sprint test, to test your vo2max...

The test and chart is testing women doing push-ups on their knees...

I wasn't insinuating that you were less capable, it's two different test and two different charts...

@FabulousFantasticFifty

That is freaking amazing, better than most men here...
  • Gimsteinn
    Options
    @Gimsteinn

You got me all wrong...

If you look up the website where I pulled the charts from, you'll find the Cooper Push-ups test, it's basically the upper body version of the Cooper 12min sprint test, to test your vo2max...

I wasn't insinuating that you were less capable, it's two different test and two different charts...

@FabulousFantasticFifty

Ahh good to know.. But that makes me pissed that they assume women do theirs on the knees as well. I believe that we can obtain great strength.. we just have to put in a little extra work.
    Sorry Jessie that I got all RAWR on you :*:*
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    Gimsteinn wrote: »
    @Gimsteinn

You got me all wrong...

@FabulousFantasticFifty

Ahh good to know.. But that makes me pissed that they assume women do theirs on the knees as well. I believe that we can obtain great strength.. we just have to put in a little extra work.

No sweat, it's not like my comment didn't sound a little chauvinist anyhow... Lol...

I don't think the test was meant to insult women, it's just that push-ups are difficult for a lot of women, so for the purpose of having a chart with range they allow for knees...

Not everyone is beast like you... ;)
  • Gimsteinn
    Options
    Gimsteinn wrote: »
    @Gimsteinn

You got me all wrong...

@FabulousFantasticFifty

No sweat, it's not like my comment didn't sound a little chauvinist anyhow... Lol...

I don't think the test was meant to insult women, it's just that push-ups are difficult for a lot of women, so for the purpose of having a chart with range they allow for knees...

Not everyone is beast like you... ;)

Well actually everyone has a beast in them. We just unleash it at a different time :)
    I believe everyone can be fit and do what you and me did. And I wanna help them get there. That's why I'm going back to school so I can get license and help other.
  • kwph
    kwph Posts: 7,375 Member
    Options
    I did 200 ...Started last May ...Now what Beyotches ....(I'm so witty)
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I can push up, I just can't seem to get back down, so I guess I can do .5
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    We'll soon find out, I am sure my trainer will invent some kind of torturous kind of push up today
  • Gimsteinn
    Options
    Kasner1975 wrote: »
    15 maybe.... that's awfully sad

Hey remember what you've come from S! That's not sad at all that's like SUPER impressive!
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    My record for 1 set with good form is 113, but that was a while ago.
    At last count I was on 73 and my arms died.
  • Gimsteinn
    Options
    tjiddy wrote: »
    oit5tnhjd7oj.jpg
    The whole damn box

Yum I love those! The orange is the best too.

I can, no we will say could do about 15 "men's" push-ups. I don't know now.

OMG what is that ? I'd love to try one..
  • SalinitySally
    SalinitySally Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    On my toes, good form: 21

I'm female, age 60.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    15-20 depending on my mood. Maybe a few more if cash or honor were involved.

*this is standard pushups. IDK how many I could do on my knees.

I hadn't actually done pushups in quite a while so decided to give it a try and see if my answer was still correct. I did 23! :)

I guess the Total Gym was worth the money because normally this time of year I would be at my weakest.
  • breannemarie1993
    breannemarie1993 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Probably like a solid 3, on a good day ;)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    maybe 40.
  • patriciasaav
    patriciasaav Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    30!
  • dantew04
    dantew04 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The most I ever did in one row was 100 when I was about 22, but back then, I was obsessed with push ups and did 100 (over the course of 3 sets) every day, religiously, like 2 or 3 times a day in my room. Then kick boxed actively and did more as part of training.
    I was somewhat obsessed with Bronson (Britain's most dangerous criminal) who set records of how many push ups he could do in 1 min. And also became obsessed with bodyweight exercises generally, so I wanted to challenge myself. Got pretty slack over the last two years especially so need to get back into it. I could probably do about 40-50 something now, then collapse, wheezing. That being said, I do love a push up challenge...freakishly competitive when it comes to them :/
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Not enough...
    Idk if I'm not cheating and doing them correctly probably 20.