How many pushups can u do in a row?

Options
123457»

Replies

• MostMidgetlegs
    MostMidgetlegs Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I top out at 15 girly style. I've got noodle arms for sure. But! I'm up from 8, so...progress?
  • BaddS4
    BaddS4 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Never enough!!! But 25 at once before the tank is empty...
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    dantew04 wrote: »
    The most I ever did in one row was 100 when I was about 22, but back then, I was obsessed with push ups and did 100 (over the course of 3 sets) every day, religiously, like 2 or 3 times a day in my room. Then kick boxed actively and did more as part of training.
    I was somewhat obsessed with Bronson (Britain's most dangerous criminal) who set records of how many push ups he could do in 1 min. And also became obsessed with bodyweight exercises generally, so I wanted to challenge myself. Got pretty slack over the last two years especially so need to get back into it. I could probably do about 40-50 something now, then collapse, wheezing. That being said, I do love a push up challenge...freakishly competitive when it comes to them :/

Bet I could do 51 if I tried now :smiley:
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Like, right now?
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    Like, right now?

Drop and give me 20 ;)
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    It'll ruin my suit
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    But OK.
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    Gimsteinn wrote: »
    @Gimsteinn

You got me all wrong...

If you look up the website where I pulled the charts from, you'll find the Cooper Push-ups test, it's basically the upper body version of the Cooper 12min sprint test, to test your vo2max...

The test and chart is testing women doing push-ups on their knees...

I wasn't insinuating that you were less capable, it's two different test and two different charts...

@FabulousFantasticFifty

That is freaking amazing, better than most men here...

Ahh good to know.. But that makes me pissed that they assume women do theirs on the knees as well. I believe that we can obtain great strength.. we just have to put in a little extra work.
    Sorry Jessie that I got all RAWR on you :*:*

No sweat, it's not like my comment didn't sound a little chauvinist anyhow... Lol...

I don't think the test was meant to insult women, it's just that push-ups are difficult for a lot of women, so for the purpose of having a chart with range they allow for knees...

Not everyone is beast like you... ;)

It should be pointed out as well that Jessie and I are friends, so I think it was more a jab at me, personally, not to every woman out there.

I am just so, so very bad at pushups lol. I keep trying though, I'll get there.

Try on an angle, like against the bed, then work your way down to your knees... No innuendo intended lol...
  • DSwales11
    DSwales11 Posts: 1,955 Member
    Options
    However many @slimgirljo15 tells me to do!
  • Xvapor
    Xvapor Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Ii did 1....im sore from the 3 I did yesterday
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I just tried it. I can do 10 LOL!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    According to the chart, I'm only fair for a woman my age, and I thought I was fit. But when I think about my peers, I'm thinking the vast majority of them probably rank in the "Help!" category. My people are pretty out of shape. :(

But for the woman's chart, are those modified push-ups or full-on? Because I was doing full-on push-ups. If I can do them modified, then I'm in excellent shape! B)
  • JstTheWayIam
    JstTheWayIam Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    According to the chart, I'm only fair for a woman my age, and I thought I was fit. But when I think about my peers, I'm thinking the vast majority of them probably rank in the "Help!" category. My people are pretty out of shape. :(

But for the woman's chart, are those modified push-ups or full-on? Because I was doing full-on push-ups. If I can do them modified, then I'm in excellent shape! B)

For women they are done on knees