WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options
barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
4oitc2t3fyk3.png

I love starting a new month with the feeling that I can make right some of those things that just weren't working last month and create a better balance in my life.

This thread has been a lifeline for me---connecting me with like minded women who support and encourage me to be the best I can be.

How did you do with your goals and resolutions for February?

What goals and resolutions do you have planned for March?

Don't forget to bookmark this page so you can find us again.

February Resolutions: (with end of the month comments)
*mail income tax documents to the accountant (done)
*meditate daily (yes, but not always as long as I had hoped)
*do physical therapy exercises twice a week (very hit and miss)
*act the way I want to feel (pretty successful)

March Resolutions:
*log food and exercise daily
*meditate daily
*do physical therapy exercises daily
*60 squats a day on days I don't have dance class

My word for 2017 is "balance".

winter-cold-smiley-emoticon.gif Barbie from chilly NW Washington

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie, you are amazing <3

Janetr OKC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Barbie, as soon as I saw that I thought of you and your line dancing. What is the age group you teach/lead?

Watching an oldie tonight Black Stallion.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Mark
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Lenora~ Your kindergarten experiences sounded kind of familiar. My youngest son's birthday is in November so technically he could have waited, because the Cali school system is that the child had to turn 5 yrs old by Dec. So, he was a YOUNG kindergartner. It showed in various ways! So he managed but struggled with it as a whole. So in 1st grade we moved in Dec, and after much deliberation, I decided to put him back in kindergarten. It was perfect, because he would not have the problem of his friends in another grade etc. At this school they had a program, "see it, say it, read it, write it". It was fifty words they needed to write, and read for 1st grade. Heck, once he got those he was flying. So now as a Senior, he turned 18 this November. Best thing I ever did.
    Becca
    Hugs
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Katla Oh I forgot about WATER...dang I need to have fun too, yep I am so serious! Yea, NOT. I tell people I don't have a serious bone in my body, except when I hit that bone in your elbow. There is always a pause, then the person I am yakking to says," The bone in your elbow... Um the FUNNY bone?". Then I grin big, and say,yep that one!!
    Becca
    Your coastie friend
    Oregon
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Joyce – I certainly missed something. You wrote to Chris about “your imagination running wild as to how a person would wear some of those outfits. Do your boobs go in them?” I missed that post, apparently; but, it did bring back memories of looking through “Frederick’s” catalogs that my Daddy (or my BF’s Daddy) used to get. Question about looking at them was ‘would you put someone’s eye out’ wearing one of those ‘outfits’ you could order. And, who in God’s Green Earth had a waistline that small … other than Scarlett O’Hara in “Gone With the Wind.” I’ll have to go back a few pages to see what you’re talking about. LOL!!!! :s

Krissyskayla – NSV – you’ve improved your life and probably extended it by ‘cold turkey’ quitting smoking. Proud of you, lady. My Daddy did the same and he smoked 2 packs of unfiltered Camel’s a day. I don’t know what the MD he went to that day had to say to him. But, when he left the office, he stopped and bought a pack. Lit one up and took a couple of puffs, threw it out the window, then threw the rest of the ‘new’ pack out, too, and never picked up another one.

DH quit smoking, mainly because I had issues with 2nd hand smoke; but, then took up the ‘nasty’ habit of ‘chewing’ tobacco. I have a sign right outside the door about being charge 5¢ - $100 for ‘spitting on the sidewalk’. I should have a sign inside that charges ‘double that’ if I find a plug left on my counters!

Pip – Cccx = Coccyx? Broke mine 2x; then sprung it 2x (giving birth to my boys). Still can tell if it is going to rain or get cold by it. Very painful during that type of weather. Thank goodness for padded riding pants, when I used to ride a bike.

Becca – Holding Will back in kindergarten was the ‘best’ thing I ever did. I did not want him to be the ‘absolute’ youngest child in his grade; much preferred him to be the ‘absolute’ oldest; so he would more likely be a ‘leader’ rather than a ‘follower’. I wish I had known that a summer baby ought to be held back. Didn’t do it for Trey. Grades were good; but, he was painfully shy. Louis was 5-years-old when he started school in Corpus Christi, TX; then they got transferred to Jacksonville, FL - and the school district would NOT allow him to continue and he had to drop out of 1st grade. Now, that's bad ...; but, he is probably better off for it. Will never seemed to realize that he was in kindergarten 2 years running.

Got taken off the BP medication I had been on for 6 weeks; ½ once during that time; still ‘overcorrecting’ … so now off totally unless it goes back up for several days running. I’m to call MD if I need to go back on it to bring it down.

Karen – Olivia looks so much stronger; and, that smile is ‘classic’.

Has anybody heard anything about the other baby that had to be put in ICU about the same time? A little boy, maybe name was Neil? I don’t know who he belongs to. Anybody?

I just drank a cup of hot tea, seeing if that will make me sleepier earlier. Have taken my nightly meds.

Goals for March:
    1) Log daily; and, try staying under my caloric intake (even though it has been raised due to losing weight));
    2) Catch up with my daily reading of Bible; and, stay current; and, continue reading library books;
    3) [Becca] Say what I mean, and mean what I say; but, try to 'think' first before 'opening mouth, inserting foot';
    4) Tell those that I love; "I Love YOU!" as much as possible. Already do that to Louis;
    5) For every bad thought I have about someone >:) ; write down something 'positive' about them (even if it is the same thing every day) o:):#<3

Chow!

Lenora
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,080 Member
    Options
    <3<3
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi all. It's me. Trac. Central pa. Can I come back? Haven't exercised in months... what is that? Hubs works day shift as of New Years for the firs time since 1989. Oh right. Didn't know him yet...... cook dinner? But then is he hungry even???? Step son is out of jail. So proud. Not. Hubby's health seems to be fine. I am on two blood pressure pills now which dont really work but I quit smoking 5 months ago.... before the pills.? I've only gained 15 pound?! I mean hubs isn't thin nor are his numbers great but mine are sinking like a stone.... leaving for the Bahamas in 10 days and will look awful... need Togo buy BIG clothes.... sigh.....see so many of the old gang still here... Barbie, KaTla, Lenora, so good to know ur still around....
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Annr, Iremia and Janetr hi to u girls too!
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Barbie thanks for the new thread

Didn't do well yesterday on calories too much wine and snacks but today is a new day. Reading and posting here keeps me on track

I post my daily steps and miles on another thread and decided to do a virtual walk from home to Montserrat in Spain expected to get there end of June but think I might make it by mid May. It just adds a bit more more incentive to walk a bit more each day.

Should have been traveling to DDs today but plans changed, just as well as all trains from Liverpool cancelled as a wall has collapsed and all lines are closed.

KAREN Olivia is gorgeous and looking so much better

Last week at my Ladies Lunch the speaker was from Merseyside Mission for Seamen, very interesting talk about the life of these guys and gals at sea, he said the things they need and like when they come ashore are Internet to contact family and then BEATLES MUSEUM and LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB. We asked if we could help and he said they would love CDs and DVDs and woolly hats as they feel the cold, so I'm knitting one in red and white stripes.

Hugs for those who need them and well done for losses or coming off meds etc

Kate UK <3<3
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    happy March <3. I love turning the page on February, I know March is a long, unpredictable month, but the promise of Spring is too delightful :p

Goals for March:

• pace myself for a hectic working month, use realistic to do lists that put exercise as a priority and a stress reliever - not food :#

• eat pantry, fridge and freezer food first, before heading out to shop o:)

• stay positive running the food drive this year, including an on your honor breakfast/lunch :)

• honor the progress you are making, stay light in your heart and mind, show compassion to yourself and others. :*

• call one sister each weekend, even if it's a short chat, reach out :o

Barbie great news from Jake's doc visit, thanks as always steering this ship! <3

NYKAREN