WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Replies

• miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Lenora -
    Mia and Becca – You’ve got to remember to ‘bookmark’ the new page(s).

Done!

Mia in MI
  • hereslibby
    hereslibby Posts: 93 Member
    Charleen that was such a wonderful thing you did! That man will be forever grateful.

Ginger I can completely relate where you are coming from with the coffee in the morning ! I am going to try to motivate myself to get dressed when I wake up, and go for a walk as my coffee is "making". My reward will be my coffee when I get back. My plan is to Start with 15 minutes, 3 times a week. Hard to fit the exercise in my schedule & the only time I can find at the moment is the mornings ! (Yuck!)

:| NOT a morning person!

Libby-Phoenix, AZ
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Charleen - you did such a wonderful thing for that man. God bless you.
    Karen - sending prayers for Olivia and your family.

Hugs to all

Paula Y
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Charleen: What a wonderful way to help someone. You were his guardian angel. :heart:
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    :)
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited March 2017
    Heather - great pics of really cute kids!

Charlene - love your "Be Kinder" goal. What a wonderful gift!

Re - I should be doing PT exercises for my neck. Doc thinks a pinched nerve is causing my finger numbness. I had 5 weeks of PT in August - including traction. I did my exercises at home too. No change. I have 5 exercises I should do 3x a day. I'm doing one of them daily - it's an easy one. Hmmm... I may need to add that back to my daily tracker.

Becca - I'm okay with lunch for breakfast. This morning I had leftover grilled steak wrapped in lettuce leaves. I just can't think in the morning. I need to get myself organized and plan it the night before. I'm so not a morning person. Unless I get dressed... hmmm.

Libby - I started with a goal of 15 minutes a day. I would often walk to Leslie Sansone videos on YouTube. I could do those standing on the kitchen rug in front of the sink. At first I could barely make it through the 5 minute warm-up... so I rewound and did it twice. Eventually her 15 minute 1 mile walk felt like a warm-up. And I stretched to the 2 mile videos. I also walked in my neighborhood.

Barbie - the elliptical... I've only managed 1.5 minutes at a time. I think over time as I lose weight - I should be able to do more. But geez! It really gets my heart rate up fast. I'm still learning the machine though. And - I'm thinking about getting dressed earlier. I did that in 2013/2014 and had lots of energy. (Dressed = Go Mode). We've got lots of frozen veggies - some from our own garden... but I've been lazy. My go-to breakfast in 2014 was an egg scramble. We've got hens - so fresh eggs daily. I'd scramble 2 eggs with bell peppers, onions and fresh or frozen spinach or broccoli or whatever veggie we had leftover. Put a little mozzarella cheese on top and have it with my own homemade toasted almond/flaxseed bread. Sometimes add sausage, bacon or leftover meat.

In 2013 I began my quest to improve my health. It was one of my 9 goals. I had a list of action steps and worked through them. I got all the recommended health tests and quit smoking. Dropped 60 lbs. Walked 4 miles daily. Logged 60 active Fitbit minutes daily. (Fitbit minutes only count when you move for a minimum of 10 minutes.) I even completed my first 5k and... I wasn't last! I wanted to do more 5ks. I started training. Then, I injured my knee and that took the wind right out of my sails. But... I FEEL A BREEZE NOW! Thankful for this group. It's helping me get my head back in the game.

I'm awake at 1:30am with my DM90. She can't sleep tonight - so we're watching a game show on TV and she's having a snack. I plan to go to my back-up plan and rub her back. That usually makes her sleepy. I have a busy day planned for tomorrow and need to get to sleep! She's okay by herself - but I'm hoping to coax her back to sleep - to keep her from getting days/nights mixed up.

--Ginger in Texas
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Morning Ladies~
    Charleen~ what a blessing... if I had that kind of extra money ,that sounds just like something I would do.. I guess my goal in life is to be kind and make people happy. It is tough when you can't do it for the people you love...
    my DB was texting me yesterday afternoon and he sounded manic.. saying all sorts of nasty stuff .. he wanted me to come up for dinner.. and I sorta have to plan in advance.. I got up early yesterday and took care of DFIL and worked from 9-6 all day was computer work.. my eyes were buggy and I was exsausted by the time I got out.. so I came home and went to bed...
    As I got out of the car I heard the familiar spring song of the tree frog(peepers) Oh that is such a beautiful sound and always reminds me of my mom, there was a little bog at the bottom of our road and she would stop every evening with us when spring was coming to listen for the peepers..
    woke up to cold weather and windy windy outside.. hopefully they are tucked in safe somewhere..
    My unpaid day off today.. but never just a day to hang out and I even have to go to work to let the service guy in..
    from there I need to grocery shop and before all that drop Chester of at groomers..
    We are going to be getting rid of Dish Network and going with Android boxes (a more hefty version of Sherri's Fire Stick)that streams everything from internet..
    First we had cable.. and there fee's just keep going up and up, now with Dish Network the same thing..
    with this we pay for the box with what needs to be loaded in it and plug into internet and tv and Voila..so the box is 100.00 and we have 3 tvs and one has to go each tv .. but 300.00 versus over 1200.00 yearly pffft there ya go. and it is a one time charge for the box..
    sorry for being so chatty.. off to finish load of laundry
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK <3
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Welcome CJ I am originally from Saskatoon. I live in Ontario now.
    Charleen That was a beautiful act of humanity. The world is a better place because of you.
    Not feeling well. Have read all your posts. All interesting and inspiring.

<3 Sarah, Ontario