Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
Has anyone lost weight with this? How can I drink it down? I'm having a hard time with it.

Replies

• justkc
    justkc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You don't lose weight with it. There are some claims of other health benefits, but it's hard to know what's real and what's placebo. Any weight loss effect is definitely placebo, though.

Oh ok. Glad I don't need to drink it. I was wondering how people down it.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I make a vegan cornbread that helps me feel full. It uses 1 tsp ACV to curdle the almond milk. So... yeah, it sort of helps weight loss. But I suspect lemon juice would too.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    What everyone else has said. If you decide you want to continue using it, adding it to water with a little bit of honey makes it palatable...or putting in pulled pork or on salads as others have posted in similar forums.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    some of us drink acv in water to make our systems more alkaline. it has nothing to do with weightloss..
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I make a vegan cornbread that helps me feel full. It uses 1 tsp ACV to curdle the almond milk. So... yeah, it sort of helps weight loss. But I suspect lemon juice would too.

Adding vinegar or lemon juice to milk (cow or otherwise) is a well-known substitute for buttermilk. (I've used it many times, but usually with lemon juice, since I have lemons on my tree almost year-round.) So you are basically eating a vegan buttermilk cornbread! Sounds delicious... B)
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    justkc wrote: »
    Has anyone lost weight with this? How can I drink it down? I'm having a hard time with it.

I have lost weight with it. It makes a great warm bacon dressing for spinach salad.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Also, downing it without dilution can wreck your tooth enamel.