Average weight recorded from January: 129.6
    Average weight recorded from February: 129.8
    Average weight recorded from March: 128.6

Week of...
    3rd April : 129.2
    10th April :
    17th April :
    24th April :

Success/struggles of the week: This maintaining business is hard work!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Name: Tina
    Height: 5'2"
    Total weight lost: 60ish lbs
    Time it took to lose: ~8 months
    How long in maintenance: > 1 year
    Maintenance weight range: 108-114 lbs

Average weight recorded from January: 109 lbs
    Average weight recorded from February: 109 lbs
    Average weight recorded from March: 110.4 lbs

Week of...
    3rd April : 110.3 lbs
    10th April : 110.3 lbs
    17th April :
    24th April :

Success/struggles of the week: Stress overload :/

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Total Weight lost: 30 lbs
    Time it took to lose: came off in stages over several years (with some unfortunate yoyo'ing in there)
    How long in maintenance: This round, 2 weeks (in terms of days since I had a weigh-in anywhere above goal range). I "maintained" within 5 lbs of goal for about a year before this.
    Maintenance weight range: 129-133

Average weight recorded from January: 132.8
    Average weight recorded from February: 133.3
    Average weight recorded from March: 132.1

Week of...
    3rd April : 131.0
    10th April : 133.4. I dropped gradually down (unexpectedly!) to 129.6 last week, which was a nice surprise, but the last couple of days it has moved up to 133.4! I think the increase is TOM related but we'll see.
    17th April :
    24th April :

Success/struggles of the week: I'm still reverse dieting and easing back into maintenance,. I've had my Fitbit Charge 2 for a week and a half so I'm comparing that with MFP and scale trends to help me figure out maintenance calories. One NSV for the week was running a 5K race on Saturday (my first in a while and my first ever with DH, who's come back from heart surgeries and orthopedic issues to lose 27 lbs and increase his fitness level!). I've been sick for 3.5 weeks so training was off but I was really happy with my race time under the circumstances! (3rd fastest 5K I've done and the faster two were when I'd been running consistently for a year.)
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Name: Irina
    Height : 5'7"
    Total Weight lost: 70 ish lbs
    Time it took to lose: about 10 months
    How long in maintenance: 4 months
    Maintenance weight range: 148- 153 lbs

Average weight recorded from January: 152.3
    Average weight recorded from February: 152.2
    Average weight recorded from March: 151.4

Week of...
    3rd April : 149.2 by scale and by trend, woo-hoo!
    10th April :148.8 by scale, 148.7 by trend
    17th April :
    24th April :
    Success / struggles of the week: I was able to finally break the 150 hurdle, and have been staying below for some time now. Still same struggles with sweet cravings after dinner, but i guess I'm doing ok overall, so i still allow that to myself. It's getting hotter, but it means more free time for me and longer rides. Last summer was a total waste because i was sick and couldn't ride at all, so I'm looking forward to this one.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    Name: Nikki
    Total weight lost: 30 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 2 years (maintenance was hard for me)
    How long in maintenance: 7 months
    Maintenance range: 140 - 145

Average weight recorded from January: 144.6
    Average weight recorded from February: 142.4
    Average weight recorded from March: 144.7

Week of...
    March 27: 147.4
    April 3: 148.0
    April 10: 145.4
    April 17:
    April 24:

Success/struggles of the week: Water retention is evil. I must confess I didn't report in last week, just didn't want to post the number. Emotional eating is also evil. Determined to get my exercise back on track this week.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart If you lose a pound a week, that's 3500 calories you're under. So to not lose that pound, you'd need an additional 500 calories per day. You might try that and see what happens.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I forgot about adding height! I'm 5'7".
  • stephenearllucas
    stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Name: Stephen
    Total Weight lost: 80 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 12 months
    How long in maintenance: 3 months
    Maintenance weight range: 180-185 pounds

Average weight recorded from January: 184.7 pounds
    Average weight recorded from February: 182.7 pound
    Average weight recorded from March: 182.5 pounds

Week of...
    3rd April : 182.8 pounds
    10th April : 182.2 pounds
    17th April :
    24th April :

• Jeniccm
    Jeniccm Posts: 44 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Name: Jen
    Total Weight lost: 19.5
    Height : 5'0
    Time it took to lose: 15 month
    How long in maintenance: I'm a few days away
    Maintenance weight range: 105-110

Average weight recorded from January: 111lbs
    Average weight recorded from February: 115.5 (Vacation)
    Average weight recorded from March: 110.35

Week of...
    27th March: 106.8 (actual) 107.8lbs (trend)
    3rd April : 109.2 (actual) 106.2 (trend)
    10th April : 110.2 (actual) 107.5 (trend)
    17th April :
    24th April :

Success/struggles of the week: trend is up for sure this week. Had another weekend of overeating and drinking too much. On top of it I quit smoking on Sunday so I'm retaining lots of water and unfortunately binging at night for that oral fixation. It seems I'm ok during the day but the minute I eat something the flood gates open and I just want to stuff my face for the rest of the day. I'm not even hungry, it's like a hormonal need and I'm not present in the moment at all. Last night I just ate all night long :( Today I'm trying a 20 hr fast and then will eat my days worth of calories in a 4 hour window. Hopefully this will make me nice and full and I won't have a desire to binge. I never have an appetite during the day and am a big nighttime eater so maybe this is just the way my body works. Need to deprogram myself that I *have* to eat breakfast/lunch even if I'm not hungry since I much prefer dinner/bedtime snack
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Name: mk
    Total weight lost: 72#
    Time to lose: Just shy of a year. Called maintenance at 7 months but continued to lose for 3-4 more months.
    How long in maintenance: Closing in on 2 years. Or less depending on how you count it.
    Weight range: 114-118#

Average Jan: 114
    Avarage Feb: 115
    Average Mar: 115

Have been steady at 115# again. I bounce up to 117 and down to 114 but 115 seems to show up on Wednesday, my "official" weigh in day. I really wish I could stop obsessing and weigh myself only once per week. Oh, well. I guess that's why so many of us are here :smile:

I'm happy spring is finally here. I love any exercise I can do outside.

@Jeniccm , you can do this! I see you are experimenting to find what works for you. It will come. Be patient. Remember to breathe. You are no longer a smoker! That is awesome! Don't worry if you put on a couple of pounds; a couple extra pounds is way better than smoking. Trust me, when I quit I was smoking 2 packs/day. Ugh. Can run for a couple hours without croaking now.

• LDavidButler
    LDavidButler Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Name: Louis
    Total Weight lost: 0
    Time it took to lose: Just starting
    How long in maintenance: 0
    Maintenance weight range: 0

Average weight recorded from January: 255 pounds
    Average weight recorded from February: 255 pound
    Average weight recorded from March: 255 pounds

Week of...
    12 April : 255 pounds

Looks like I'm the resident "big" guy. I'm 6"1 and have a stocky athletic build, but starting to get a stomach. Definitely not what I want.
    Anyhow, my goal is to drop 50 to 70 pounds. My target weight is about 195 to 215. Then from there who knows. I'm active, lift weights and run sporadically.
    Looking to make some accountability friends. I've found its easier to do this with a group. So if interested please friend request me.
  • adipace815
    adipace815 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Name: Tony
    Total Weight lost: 100.3 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 11 months
    How long in maintenance: 2nd month
    Maintenance weight range: 165-170
    Average weight recorded from February: 172.5
    Height: 5' 9"

Average weight recorded from January: 193 pounds
    Average weight recorded from February: 179 pound
    Average weight recorded from March: 169 pounds

Week of...
    6th April: 168.0
    13th April: 167.11
    20th March:
    27th March:

Success of the week: I finally purchased the Happy Scale App this week and I am "happy" with my purchase. The data is helping change my mindset to more of a maintenance frame of mind. I am looking at averages and trend lines which are much more consistent with maintenance. This also encouraged me to change my MFP goals to maintenance and I have been actually have been eating maintenance level calories as calculated by MFP.

Struggles of the week: I have always worried about eating back my workout calories and I continue to struggle with that. MFP calculates my maintenance calories at 1,970. I am eating a little over 2,000, even though MFP says I have earned a lot more. MFP is actually even more conservative than my Apple Watch. MFP says I should have eaten around 2,800 calories yesterday and my Apple Watch says more like 3,100. I think the trends show that I am still slightly losing at 2,050'ish calories that I have been consuming the last 3-5 days, but I think that adding another 750 to 1,000 calories would absolutely result in a weight gain. It also has me concerned that I need to continue the cardio or the weight could creep up again too. I don't know if you call this a struggle, but it is certainly a frustration.

Good luck to my fellow maintainers. I have found this section of the forum the most helpful. I am so glad you started it! See you next week...
  • stephenearllucas
    stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Name: Louis
    Total Weight lost: 0
    Time it took to lose: Just starting
    How long in maintenance: 0
    Maintenance weight range: 0

Average weight recorded from January: 255 pounds
    Average weight recorded from February: 255 pound
    Average weight recorded from March: 255 pounds

Week of...
    12 April : 255 pounds

Looks like I'm the resident "big" guy. I'm 6"1 and have a stocky athletic build, but starting to get a stomach. Definitely not what I want.
    Anyhow, my goal is to drop 50 to 70 pounds. My target weight is about 195 to 215. Then from there who knows. I'm active, lift weights and run sporadically.
    Looking to make some accountability friends. I've found its easier to do this with a group. So if interested please friend request me.

David, please note that this thread was posted for those who have already achieved their target weight and are seeking to "maintain," not "lose" weight. While you're welcome here, I'm sure, you might find more relevant information and support in a thread or forum dedicated to those desiring to lose, rather than maintain, weight. : )
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Name: Jen
    Height: 5'2.5"
    Total Weight lost:140lbs
    Time it took to lose: 2.75yrs
    How I lost it: My story
    How long in maintenance : I declared it at 140 in January 2016, but that was too high for a petite lady. Just redeclared it this week. 4/14/17
    Maintenance weight range: Would like to stay under 125 at morning weigh-in.
    Ongoing struggle: I still need to learn to trust my body cues, be content with eating just enough, and stop asking food to be more than just fuel. Life after work is just filled with getting steps and eating food to fill my evening. Really need to make peace with having fewer cals to work with. Contentment and an attitude of gratitude (and maybe a hobby) are the order of the day.

January avg weight: 126.8lbs
    February avg weight: 126.1lbs
    March avg weight: 124.6lbs

Week of...
    27th March:123.9lbs
    7th April: 123.3lbs
    14th April: 122.5
    21st April:
    28th April:

Success of the week: Starting to see a levelling off of my weight the last few days. Kept up with most of my upper body work this week, except for side planks because of my knee. Still noticing new things about eating. Can't bank too hard, or hoard morning cals for evening quite as much as I thought, because a) hungry and foggy, b) can't fit that much food in a full tummy or taste it when I am full. These seem like no-brainers, but not to a compulsive eater like me, I guess!

Challenges of the week: Still babying my knee. No leg workouts for 2 weeks now.
  • girlgroves
    girlgroves Posts: 235 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Name: Mandy
    Total Weight lost: 4 stone (56lbs)
    Height: 5ft 6in
    Time it took to lose: 16 months
    How long in maintenance: 9.5 months
    Maintenance weight range: 137 - 142lbs (aiming to lower this a little over time so that 140 is my max)

Average weight recorded for January: 141.9lbs
    Average weight recorded for February: 141.2lbs
    Average weight recorded for March: 141.2lbs

Week of...
    31st March (for ref): 140.2lbs
    7th April: 140.8lbs
    14th April:
    21st April:
    28th April:

Success/struggles of the week: Really happy with this week - I've been on holiday for the last 5 days, haven't been able to weigh, haven't logged my food, haven't worked out and have enjoyed trying all the food I've wanted. I've mentally struggled a bit with the lack of data/feedback but..... HOLIDAY! :smiley: I expected/accepted that all the travelling and the combination of no exercise/more calories would mean my weight would go up - but I'm very pleasantly surprised by how little it has actually gone up - this is well within my normal fluctuations. I guess the lack of snacking between meals (too busy for that!) and higher activity levels (we did a lot of walking - 21km on one of the days) helped a lot! Sleep and the time difference has been my biggest struggle and the jet lag coming home has been lots worse than going out - I slept 12 hours last night and still feel groggy this morning. The biggest challenge will be dragging my tired body to the gym this afternoon! I've actually missed it though and am looking forward to getting back into it (is this really me speaking? who would have thought?! :smile: ) Have a good week all.

Edited to add my height.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    Name: Michelle
    Height: 5'1"
    Total Weight lost: Let's say from my very highest (~150 in late 2011), almost 50 lbs.
    How long in maintenance: Well I've been where I'm at now for about the past 2 months.
    Maintenance weight range: 100ish lbs - 107ish lbs
    Average weight recorded from March: ~105 lbs

Week of...
    27th March: 104.2 (I weigh in on Friday/Saturday)
    3rd April: 104.8 lbs
    10th April: 104.2 lbs

Success/struggles of the week: Lifting regularly still, and I think I'm close to my TOM, plus dealing with some new house issues (plumbing - blech!), it's been a bit of a stressful week. But at least I trended down a smidge this week!