Maintainers weekly Check-in April 2017

Options

Replies

• CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »

Success/struggles of the week: Flying off on vacation today. I won't be recording weight again until May 5th or 6th - see y'all on the May maintenance thread!

Have a great time!

• allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Name: Phoebe
    Height: I like to think I'm 5'4"
    Total Weight lost: 45ish
    Time it took to lose: 15 months
    How long in maintenance: 17 months, but I had some regain about 7 months ago, and am just now getting back to where I was then.
    Maintenance weight range: 140-150
    Average weight recorded from January: 155.9
    Average weight recorded from February: 153.5
    Average weight recorded from March: 151.8

Week of...
    26th March (for reference): 150.4 by scale, 151.7 by trend
    2nd April : 149.4 by scale, 150.8 by trend
    9th April : 149.2 by scale, 150.4 by trend
    16th April : 150.8 by scale, 150.4 by trend
    23rd April : 149.4 by scale, 150.6 by trend
    30th April :

Success/struggles of the week: My teenager is on a baking kick this week. The house is full of lemon squares and buttermilk biscuits, and she has the cookbook out again.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    allyphoe wrote: »
    Name: Phoebe
    Height: I like to think I'm 5'4"
    Total Weight lost: 45ish
    How long in maintenance: 17 months, but I had some regain about 7 months ago, and am just now getting back to where I was then.
    Maintenance weight range: 140-150
    Average weight recorded from January: 155.9
    Average weight recorded from February: 153.5
    Average weight recorded from March: 151.8

Week of...
    26th March (for reference): 150.4 by scale, 151.7 by trend
    2nd April : 149.4 by scale, 150.8 by trend
    9th April : 149.2 by scale, 150.4 by trend
    16th April : 150.8 by scale, 150.4 by trend
    23rd April : 149.4 by scale, 150.6 by trend
    30th April :

Success/struggles of the week: My teenager is on a baking kick this week. The house is full of lemon squares and buttermilk biscuits, and she has the cookbook out again.

Oh no! Enjoy a bite, gotta love when they cook bake, make some effort in the kitchen!
  • icemom011
    Options
    Name: Irina
    Height : 5'7"
    Total Weight lost: 70 ish lbs
    Time it took to lose: about 10 months
    How long in maintenance: 4 months
    Maintenance weight range: 148- 153 lbs

Average weight recorded from January: 152.3
    Average weight recorded from February: 152.2
    Average weight recorded from March: 151.4

Week of...
    3rd April : 149.2 by scale and by trend, woo-hoo!
    10th April :148.8 by scale, 148.7 by trend
    17th April : 146.8 by scale, 148.1 by trend
    24th April : 148.6 by scale, 148.1 by trend
    Success / struggles of the week: seems like SOS, too many sweets and nuts at night, that's my only downfall time. I eat really well throughout the day, and get too lose with nighttime snacks. Ughh. First world struggles. I'm still in my range though, and trend didn't change, so that's good. I was able to stop myself from getting into candy and nuts on Friday during the day , which was an accomplishment, but was easier to do than I've anticipated. Usually, if iget a taste of things like that, it's very hard to stop. I keep on going back for more over and over again. Have a good week, everyone!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    Name: Kathryn
    Height: 5'4.75"
    Total Weight lost: ~70 lbs (I dropped about 10 lbs below original goal)
    Time it took to lose: 10 months (to original goal)
    How long in maintenance: since July 2016
    Maintenance weight range: 126 - 130 lbs

Average weight recorded from January: 127.1
    Average weight recorded from February: 126.5
    Average weight recorded from March: 126.2

Week of...
    3rd April : 124.6
    10th April : 123.4
    17th April : 126.4
    24th April : 123.2

Success/struggles of the week: My weight stayed in the 126 range most of the week. I had just about decided that last week's spike was not water weight when it dropped back down. I guess I do need to be eating more. I know that my activity level is a lot higher than it used to be, but I don't really want to decrease my activity. I may drop my range down to 124 - 128. I think this is a good weight, but I know that I can't just keep dropping my weight range forever. At some point I do need to stop losing and actually start maintaining. Some of my family members already think I am too thin. My "healthy" weight range is 110 - 148, so I am still not even close to being underweight. I think the thing that is frustrating me most is that my Fitbit says I am averaging 1938 calories burned per day and I am eating an average of 2153 calories per day. So I should be gaining not losing. I have been told that I am obsessive because I am still weighing and measuring most of my food. But either my CI or my CO estimate is off, so I don't want to stop weighing my food as I am trying to be as accurate as possible. Plus I am trying to make sure I am eating enough. It seems to me that I am burning about 200 calories more per day than my Fitbit says I am.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Name: Macchiatto :)
    Height: 5'7.3"
    Total Weight lost: 30 lbs
    Time it took to lose: came off in stages over several years (with some unfortunate yoyo'ing in there)
    How long in maintenance: This round, 3 weeks. I "maintained" within 5 lbs of goal for about a year before this.
    Maintenance weight range: 129-133

Average weight recorded from January: 132.8
    Average weight recorded from February: 133.3
    Average weight recorded from March: 132.1

Week of...
    3rd April : 131.0
    10th April : 133.4 (bounced up one day thanks to TOM)
    17th April :130.8
    24th April : 130.8 (trend weight is now also down to 130.8)

Success/struggles of the week: Good week. I didn't really struggle to stay on track, so that's always nice. ;) Good in terms of fitness and activity goals as well. Pushed it a little too hard on Saturday so I had to take an unplanned rest day on Sunday.
  • stephenearllucas
    stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Name: Stephen
    Total Weight lost: 80 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 12 months
    How long in maintenance: 4 months
    Maintenance weight range: 180-185 pounds

Average weight recorded from January: 184.7 pounds
    Average weight recorded from February: 182.7 pound
    Average weight recorded from March: 182.5 pounds

Week of...
    3rd April : 182.8 pounds
    10th April : 182.2 pounds
    17th April : 183.3 pounds
    24th April : 183.9 pounds
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    My April Report

Total Initial Weight lost: 36# (196 to 160#)
    Time it took to lose: 6 months
    How long in maintenance: 5 months

Average weight in December: 159.7
    Average weight in January: 159.8
    Average weight in February: 158.7
    Average weight in March: 158.6
    Average weight (to date) in April: 158.5

Total Net Weight loss (to date): 35#

April weight range (min/max) to date: 155.7-161.2

7 Day Average Weight for the Week of:

3rd April : 160
    10th April :157
    17th April : 158.4
    24th April : 159.6

Success/struggles of the week: Staying on diet has been my greatest struggle this month. Variation in 7 day weekly average and the min/max for the month reflects this. Ave cals/day are up about 150/day from about 1850 to 2000. This isn't reflected in my average monthly weight YET but my weight is starting to spike up.

My weight was 161.2 today which is the highest it has been in 3 months. So, I have to get back with the program. The main cause of the weight variation and spikes I believe is that I have been starting to drink more alcohol again -- mainly beer and wine --recently. So, I'm going to have to cut them out again. Those empty calories add up!

My protein intake is also way down from about 35% when I 1st started my weight loss program down to 28% in the last 3 months. I believe that this is mainly due to not drinking the soy milk/whey protein drink each morning any more and not paying as much attention to my protein intake the past few weeks.

My g/# of protein intake is also down from about 1g to only .8g/# body weight which I think increases my appetite (hunger) and is causing me to feel hungrier and to eat more.

So, I'm going to start making that protein drink again for breakfast and start paying more attention to my protein intake during the day to see if it helps to suppress my appetite and make me feel fuller again so that I stop munching late at night as I have been also doing recently.

I was pleased w/the last hydrostatic test result of only 10.1% BF at 158# on 4/1/17. However, I've gained 3# in the last 3 weeks and I assume my BF% is also creeping back up again. Not due for another BF test or scan until the end of May. So, I have time to get back on track. We'll see . . .

Just goes to prove that you have to remain ever vigilant in order to maintain your weight/BF objectives.

• fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Hey there everyone. May thread is up running!!

I'm not home so I am unable to weight myself this week. Unfortunately, I've also injured myself and due to the pain and discomfort I have lost my appetite. I'm just eating what I can little by little. However, the medication I'm on has made me retain water severely. I'm extremely bloated. I might miss the next couple of weight-in too.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    fidangul wrote: »

I'm not home so I am unable to weight myself this week. Unfortunately, I've also injured myself and due to the pain and discomfort I have lost my appetite. I'm just eating what I can little by little. However, the medication I'm on has made me retain water severely. I'm extremely bloated. I might miss the next couple of weight-in too.

I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope you're feeling better soon.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    Thanks for putting up the May thread @fidangul. Hope you are feeling better soon!
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Oops! Almost forgot to log in this week. @fidangul hope you feel better soonest!

Name: Trina
    Total Weight lost: 50ish lbs. (fluctuations)
    Height: 5'2.5"/medium frame
    How long in maintenance: 2 years
    Maintenance weight range: 128 - 132

Average weight recorded from January: 130.3
    Average weight recorded from February: 130.5
    Average weight recorded from March: 130.3.

Week of...
    2nd April: 131.2
    9th April: 130.3
    16th April: 130.3
    23rd April: 130.7
    30th April:

Success/struggles of the week: Good, consistent week with a slight uptick as per usual. Off to surgery so no exercising for a few weeks. The worst part is having to cut back on calories for awhile which sucks. On to next week! Have a great one!
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Thankyou all for your kind words!
  • girlgroves
    girlgroves Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sorting out the May thread @fidangul. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Good luck with the surgery @Trina2040
  • icemom011
    Options
    fidangul wrote: »

Thank you, @fidangul for setting us up for next month. You rock! Hope you feel better soon, speedy recovery to you. Take care.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,990 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Ugh...been a hectic month for me...but figured I should post my current info...this is what I should have posted last Friday...I've been taking a break from the forums, since I'm so very busy with other things in my life right now.

Sorry to hear of your injury @fidangul - heal fast!
    Hope the surgery goes well and you also heal fast @Trina2040 !

Name: b3achy / beachy
    Total Weight lost: ~25 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 8 months
    How long in maintenance: Since mid-January 2017 (2.5 - 3 months ago)
    Maintenance weight range: ~120-125 lbs, for now (shooting for a consistent range of 118-123 lbs)
    [Eventually would like to be down to a maintenance range of 115 - 120 lbs = ~30 lb loss total, probably will happen this Spring as my race workouts increase and I can't eat near enough calories to keep up with calorie burn.]

Average weight recorded from January: 123.2 lbs
    Average weight recorded from February: 122.1 lbs
    Average weight recorded from March: 121.4 lbs

Week of...(I weigh for record on Fridays)...
    27th March (31 March): 121.8 lbs (Trending 122.57 lbs)
    3rd April (7 April): 123.0 lbs (Trending 122.83 lbs)
    10th April (14 April): 122.4 lbs (Trending 123.21 lbs)
    17th April (21 April): 122.2 lbs (Trending 122.22 lbs)
    24th April (28 April):

Success/struggles of last week:
    Success: Finally saw a drop on the scale today after seeing some of my highest numbers this week.
    Struggle: Trending up again this week. Lots of DOMS after my race on Saturday, and pretty lethargic with allergies and hormones (menopausal). No motivation to workout the past two weeks.

Success/struggles of this week:
    Success: Trending back downward...think the DOMS threw off the trending last week.
    Struggle: Been very unmotivated to exercise. Binged on Wednesday night - food and alcohol...no real reason either, so not sure what that was about. Sort of been in a funk lately. Trying to shake it off. {Note from today 4/25: I did get through it and shook it off...now I'm getting back into the swing of things}

I'm taking a break from the forums for a while, but may try to stick with this group as it's only a weekly rather than daily post...and honestly, I need the accountability...maintenance isn't as easy as losing IMO
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Name: Lori
    Height: 5'7"
    Total Weight lost: 150 (at lowest wt so far)
    Time it took to lose: 2 1/2 years
    How long in maintenance: 9/20/16 first day of weight within maint range
    Maintenance weight range: 150-155

Jan avg 154.3
    Feb avg 155.1
    March avg 155.9
    April avg 155.0

4/2 155.7
    4/9 154.0
    4/16 154.6
    4/22. 155.6

I had more birthday celebrations than usual this year, lol. It shows in my weigh-ins! My plan is to keep it tight for the next 5 weeks, hopefully to give myself a little latitude for our big trip in June!

• CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Fidangul,

Feel better soon! :smile: