Average weight recorded from February: 67,5kg
    Average weight recorded from March: 64,7kg

Week of...
    1st April : 64,6 kg
    8th April : 64,2 kg
    15th April : 64,2 kg
    22nd April :
    29th April :

Success/struggles of the week: What a week! I binged like crazy and spent a lot of time understanding why. I am also stressed about a friend coming over and I am trying out some mindfulness exercises to keep calm. It does work but going outside, walking and readning has been what has really made the biggest difference so I'll keep at it :-)

I am really glad for this thread because I tend to forget how much progress I have made during the week and every saturday I can come back here and see in 'black and white' my numbers and where I was mentally.
    Thank you all so much !
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Name: Macchiatto :)
    Height: 5'7"/171cm
    Total Weight lost: 30 lbs
    Time it took to lose: came off in stages over several years (with some unfortunate yoyo'ing in there)
    How long in maintenance: This round, 3 weeks. I "maintained" within 5 lbs of goal for about a year before this.
    Maintenance weight range: 129-133

Average weight recorded from January: 132.8
    Average weight recorded from February: 133.3
    Average weight recorded from March: 132.1

Week of...
    3rd April : 131.0
    10th April : 133.4 (bounced up one day thanks to TOM)
    17th April :130.8
    24th April :

Success/struggles of the week: Maintenance has really been going pretty well so far this round, and I'm happy with my exercise and activity level. Still working with new Fitbit and reverse dieting to figure out my real calories. I have my MFP goal set now to 1820 with Fitbit adjustments enabled. Even though it says I'm burning 2100-2400 cals/day I've been surprised to realize most days I'm comfortably eating 1500-1800 and don't really feel like I could/want to eat more! Maybe my stomach has just adjusted to eating less after all this time? We'll see if I do end up gradually increasing a bit more and what my weight does at this intake and activity level.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    Name: Kathryn
    Height: 5'4.75"
    Total Weight lost: ~70 lbs (I dropped about 10 lbs below original goal)
    Time it took to lose: 10 months (to original goal)
    How long in maintenance: since July 2016
    Maintenance weight range: 126 - 130 lbs

Average weight recorded from January: 127.1
    Average weight recorded from February: 126.5
    Average weight recorded from March: 126.2

Week of...
    3rd April : 124.6
    10th April : 123.4
    17th April : 126.4
    24th April :

Success/struggles of the week: My weight is back up in my range this week. Although I think it is mostly water weight from the holiday weekend. I guess we will have to see if it drops back down over the next few days or if it will level out here. I'm still just trying to find the right balance between my activity and my eating.
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Name:Fidan
    Height: 171cm
    Total Weight lost: 48kg
    Time it took to lose: 1 year
    How long in maintenance: 11 months
    Maintenance weight range: 73.3kg and below

Average weight recorded from March: 72.8kg
    Average weight recorded from February: 72.3kg
    Average weight recorded from March: 72.7kg

Week of...
    3rd April: 72.8kg
    10th April: 70.8kg
    17th April: 74kg
    24th April:

Success/struggles of the week:
    Erm apart from one new change to my medication this week I can't think of why/how this is possible. But for some reason I'm not too bothered about it.

I'm going away on Wednesday and I'll be away from home for 10days. Vacation/work combo. I'm not sure if I'll be able to weigh-in next week. If not I'll just have to come back the week after. Life goes on...

• stephenearllucas
    stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Name: Stephen
    Total Weight lost: 80 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 12 months
    How long in maintenance: 3 months
    Maintenance weight range: 180-185 pounds

Average weight recorded from January: 184.7 pounds
    Average weight recorded from February: 182.7 pound
    Average weight recorded from March: 182.5 pounds

Week of...
    3rd April : 182.8 pounds
    10th April : 182.2 pounds
    17th April : 183.3 pounds
    24th April :
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    fidangul wrote: »
    Name:Fidan
    Height: 171cm
    Total Weight lost: 48kg
    Time it took to lose: 1 year
    How long in maintenance: 11 months
    Maintenance weight range: 73.3kg and below

Average weight recorded from March: 72.8kg
    Average weight recorded from February: 72.3kg
    Average weight recorded from March: 72.7kg

Week of...
    3rd April: 72.8kg
    10th April: 70.8kg
    17th April: 74kg
    24th April:

Success/struggles of the week:
    Erm apart from one new change to my medication this week I can't think of why/how this is possible. But for some reason I'm not too bothered about it.

I'm going away on Wednesday and I'll be away from home for 10days. Vacation/work combo. I'm not sure if I'll be able to weigh-in next week. If not I'll just have to come back the week after. Life goes on...

Me too. I'm headed on vacay on Saturday, so I'll weigh in for this week but probably not the next one.
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Name:Fetd
    Total Weight lost:31
    Time it took to lose:10 months
    How long in maintenance:1 week
    Maintenance weight range:69-71kg

Average weight recorded from January:66kg (I loss so much that time
    Average weight recorded from February:74kg (I gained so much because of frequent overeating)
    I'm a victim of Yo-Yo lol
    Average weight recorded from March:69kg (Back to normal goal weight)

Week of...
    3rd April :69kg
    10th April :69kg
    17th April :70.5 (I think some of it is water weight from a 4 day vacation but some of that gain i expect that it is a real body weight gained)
    24th April :Gonna lose back gained weight!

Success/struggles of the week:Water Weight This morning lol at first i'm freakin out but I take that noob as a motivation to exercise more and lose it up! All is ok
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Name: Irina
    Height : 5'7"
    Total Weight lost: 70 ish lbs
    Time it took to lose: about 10 months
    How long in maintenance: 4 months
    Maintenance weight range: 148- 153 lbs

Average weight recorded from January: 152.3
    Average weight recorded from February: 152.2
    Average weight recorded from March: 151.4

Week of...
    3rd April : 149.2 by scale and by trend, woo-hoo!
    10th April :148.8 by scale, 148.7 by trend
    17th April : 146.8 by scale, 148.1 by trend
    24th April :
    Success / struggles of the week: trip to buffet with the fam, tried many different things, enjoyed every bite, and didn't gain anything from that. I think it's time to lower my range a little, that's a good thing for me. Oh, and it was somewhat interesting to realize, that i don't have a large body frame, like i always thought was the case.
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Name: Phoebe
    Height: I like to think I'm 5'4"
    Total Weight lost: 45ish
    Time it took to lose: 15 months
    How long in maintenance: 17 months, but I had some regain about 7 months ago, and am just now getting back to where I was then.
    Maintenance weight range: 140-150
    Average weight recorded from January: 155.9
    Average weight recorded from February: 153.5
    Average weight recorded from March: 151.8

Week of...
    26th March (for reference): 150.4 by scale, 151.7 by trend
    2nd April : 149.4 by scale, 150.8 by trend
    9th April : 149.2 by scale, 150.4 by trend
    16th April : 150.8 by scale, 150.4 by trend
    23rd April :
    30th April :

Success/struggles of the week: Panic attack during swim class, argh. Two steps forward, one step back. Sometimes it's hard to focus on the reality that I'm still a full step ahead, even so.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Name: Lori
    Height: 5'7"
    Total Weight lost: 150 (at lowest wt so far)
    Time it took to lose: 2 1/2 years
    How long in maintenance: 9/20/16 first day of weight within maint range
    Maintenance weight range: 150-155

Jan avg 154.3
    Feb avg 155.1
    March avg 155.9

4/2 155.7
    4/9 154.0
    4/16 154.6

I was 153.8 on Sat and have gained 1 lb per day since! 3 glasses of wine this weekend and 2 birthday desserts. I know it's just a fluctuation, it just makes it hard to see how my maintenance tweaks are working. I'll be glad when my birthday is past, lol!

• CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    adipace815 wrote: »
    I have a plan. My protein bars, supplements, breakfast bars, scales and workout gear are packed. Hopefully I will be able to stay on plan and maintain on vacation. If I can do this, I know I can lick this maintenance thing

You've got this! Have an amazing trip!
  • girlgroves
    girlgroves Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Name: Mandy
    Total Weight lost: 4 stone (56lbs)
    Height: 5ft 6in
    Time it took to lose: 16 months
    How long in maintenance: 9.5 months
    Maintenance weight range: 137 - 142lbs (aiming to lower this a little over time so that 140 is my max)

Average weight recorded for January: 141.9lbs
    Average weight recorded for February: 141.2lbs
    Average weight recorded for March: 141.2lbs

Week of...
    31st March (for ref): 140.2lbs
    7th April: 140.8lbs
    14th April: 141.6lbs
    21st April:
    28th April:

Success/struggles of the week: I decided to not log at all this week and see how I got on (the eventual aim, if possible, is to be able to maintain my weight by continuing to eat mindfully based on the good habits I've developed, without having to log every calorie). So I'm a bit annoyed with the slight upturn if I'm honest. However, I need to recognise that there have been too many other variables this week to realistically judge whether the upturn is related to my lack of logging or something else - I'm still not back into my usual routine after hols/over Easter (both work and my workout routine are not back to normal yet), it's been Easter-so there's been more chocolate in the house than usual, and also TOM this week.

In hindsight, my choice of week could have been better!! :neutral:

On the plus side, I've actually seen one of my lowest weights since Christmas this week, my weight is still trending down overall (trendweight is140.7lbs) and I didn't think 'free for all!' and go mad eating any more than usual just because I wasn't logging it. So that's all good. I think I maybe need to give it at least a few more weeks to gauge whether it's temporary fluctuations or real weight gain before I start to panic and go back to logging? I'll see how I get on next week.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Name: Jen
    Height: 5'2.5"
    Total Weight lost:140lbs
    Time it took to lose: 2.75yrs
    How I lost it: My story
    How long in maintenance : I declared it at 140 in January 2016, but that was too high for a petite lady. Redeclared it 4/14/17.
    Maintenance weight range: Would like to stay under 125 at morning weigh-in.
    Ongoing struggle: I still need to learn to trust my body cues, be content with eating just enough, and stop asking food to be more than just fuel. Life after work is just filled with getting steps and eating food to fill my evening. Really need to make peace with having fewer cals to work with. Contentment and an attitude of gratitude (and maybe a hobby) are the order of the day.

January avg weight: 126.8lbs
    February avg weight: 126.1lbs
    March avg weight: 124.6lbs

Week of...
    27th March:123.9lbs
    7th April: 123.3lbs
    14th April: 122.5lbs
    21st April: 123lbs
    28th April:

Success of the week: Went out with a friend and had a lovely grilled turkey, bacon, Swiss with apricot chutney sandwich for lunch, followed by a yummy chocolate chip macaroon and coffee. Picked her hubby up from his appointment, and he wanted ice cream. It was tempting, but I stayed in the truck instead.

Reintroduced leg exercises without weights and side planks. Outer knee is still stiff in the mornings, though.

Challenges of the week: No school, no imposed schedule. Guess who's been walking and eating? Also, I'm not loving this business of stabilizing my weight because the numbers have shot up. Will tough it out another week and hopefully will level off if I do better with the sodium intake. Going to try to make myself clean my bedroom today and rest my weary arthritic bones, at least a little.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    girlgroves wrote: »
    Maintenance weight range: 137 - 142lbs (aiming to lower this a little over time so that 140 is my max)

Week of...
    21st April:
    28th April:

Success/struggles of the week: I decided to not log at all this week and see how I got on (the eventual aim, if possible, is to be able to maintain my weight by continuing to eat mindfully based on the good habits I've developed, without having to log every calorie). So I'm a bit annoyed with the slight upturn if I'm honest. However, I need to recognise that there have been too many other variables this week to realistically judge whether the upturn is related to my lack of logging or something else - I'm still not back into my usual routine after hols/over Easter (both work and my workout routine are not back to normal yet), it's been Easter-so there's been more chocolate in the house than usual, and also TOM this week.

On the plus side, I've actually seen one of my lowest weights since Christmas this week, my weight is still trending down overall (trendweight is140.7lbs) and I didn't think 'free for all!' and go mad eating any more than usual just because I wasn't logging it. So that's all good. I think I maybe need to give it at least a few more weeks to gauge whether it's temporary fluctuations or real weight gain before I start to panic and go back to logging? I'll see how I get on next week.

You can do it, give it time, and adjust as you go. Keep on checking your weight, and that will help sort out fluctuations. And regulate portions, amount of snacks, drinks, etc based on that. This strategy works for me, good luck!
  • girlgroves
    girlgroves Posts: 235 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    icemom011 wrote: »
    girlgroves wrote: »

Week of...
    21st April:
    28th April:

You can do it, give it time, and adjust as you go. Keep on checking your weight, and that will help sort out fluctuations. And regulate portions, amount of snacks, drinks, etc based on that. This strategy works for me, good luck!

Thanks Irina - good to know that someone's got it sussed at least!
  • MargauxMarguerite
    MargauxMarguerite Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Name: Margo
    Height: 169cm
    Total Weight lost: 10kg
    Time it took to lose: 3 months
    How long in maintenance: 6 weeks
    Maintenance weight range: 60-65kg

Average weight recorded from January: 68kg
    Average weight recorded from February: 67,5kg
    Average weight recorded from March: 64,7kg

Week of...
    1st April : 64,6 kg
    8th April : 64,2 kg
    15th April : 64,2 kg
    22nd April : 64 kg
    29th April :

Success of the week: I remained calm and in control of my eating and I kept cool when things did not go well. I didn't use food as coping so this is really great.

Struggles: I did have one day where I was ravenous, so I ate more. At first I was second guessing myself but then I remembered maintenance is about trends over time and so I gave myself more food :-)

I am in a good place and cruising on ! Tomorrow I go on a hike and I am really looking forward to see and feel all the good work I put forth during my workouts :-) and hiking is great in itself ^.^
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Name: Michelle
    Height: 5'1"
    Total Weight lost: Let's say from my very highest (~150 in late 2011), almost 50 lbs.
    How long in maintenance: Well I've been where I'm at now for about the past 2 months.
    Maintenance weight range: 100ish lbs - 107ish lbs
    Average weight recorded from March: ~105 lbs

Week of...
    27th March: 104.2 (I weigh in on Friday/Saturday)
    3rd April: 104.8 lbs
    10th April: 104.2 lbs
    17th April: 104.4 lbs

Success/struggles of the week: Flying off on vacation today. I won't be recording weight again until May 5th or 6th - see y'all on the May maintenance thread!