What have you been learning lately?

Options

Replies

• loveliveswithin
    loveliveswithin Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Where the journey in knowledge ends, faith begins.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I've been learning how to solve a rubics cube. . does that count?. . Oh. . and also knots. .I've been practicing cool knots. .
  • SteadyDoinIt281
    SteadyDoinIt281 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've been learning about investing in the stock market for the past couple of months. It gives me a headache each time.

Passively managed index funds IMO. Set it and forget it otherwise your headache will never go away.
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    How to trim and shoe horses. Hopefully I can make that my career. Trying to learn how to live healthily while working a desk job, but it's hard.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    If my butt itches then I can drag it on the rug to help!!
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    That the universe has countless secrets waiting to be discovered and rediscovered
  • loveliveswithin
    Options
    finny11122 wrote: »
    That the universe has countless secrets waiting to be discovered and rediscovered

Universe universe or universe creator or universe something else?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    tjkita wrote: »
    If my butt itches then I can drag it on the rug to help!!

tumblr_nloz7k55rZ1supwv2o1_400.gif
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options

We are a conscious part of the universe . When we explore , gain knowledge etc we are learning about ourselves .
    We are the eyes of the universe looking back at itself .
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    I learned how to use the stud finder also the level thingy lol little things but I've done a few things with this knowledge :)
  • CWynne3
    CWynne3 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    This is very general, but I'm learning discipline. It started from a weight loss standpoint, but it's slowly spilling into other areas of my life. It's really tough because it's contrary to how I've lived the last 30 some years, but my chaos is gaining some order. :)
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    I learned how to use the stud finder also the level thingy lol little things but I've done a few things with this knowledge :)

I used to drag the stud finder over my husband and make fast beeping noises...he hated that joke :lol:

:D
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    I've learned that an awful lot of people have faith in me. :heart:
  • loveliveswithin
    Options

We are a conscious part of the universe . When we explore , gain knowledge etc we are learning about ourselves .
    We are the eyes of the universe looking back at itself .

So the matter that we release, when understanding is met, is emitted into the universe and then sort of recycled back. Right? Kinda like death?
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I'm learning that if I laugh when my son (18 months) falls down or throws a temper tantrum, he eventually starts laughing, too... and it cuts the tears and tantrums short.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I've learned that sometimes when people reach out for help, they don't really want your help. They actually just want your attention and your false words. I say false words because they don't want to hear what you really have to say to help them, if it's not what they want to hear. They want you to smile, nod, agree, commiserate and say you poor baby. They don't want help but they do want you to enable them with their misery. Idk. Maybe they want your permission for them to stay miserable? An "awww, life is so hard, you just keep on doing what you're doing to be miserable because it's easier for you, there there now, it's just too hard to make a change" kind of statement. Anyways I've learned there are a lot of people like that so it can be hard to know if someone truly does want help sometimes.

I've spent the last year learning this from two separate incidents with others. In both cases, they were more interested in "playing the victim" and were unable or unwilling to change anything about themselves or their circumstances to change things they didn't like.

I put up with one of the two for ten years and just couldn't do it anymore. And yes, it does make it hard to perceive when someone you know is genuinely "in need" and asking for legitimate help. It also does not help those of us out who already have an extremely hard time asking for any sort of assistance in the first place.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    As to what I've been learning lately??

I've really learned through being here day in and day out since January that while it may seem like weight loss is easy for some, it really is about a lot of hard work and constant determination.. both of which I lack, horribly. I can lose through monitoring my intake, but it seems to stall a lot more than it does for normal people, which is.. frustrating, to say the least.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    "The only failed workout is the workout you didn't do!"

This has helped me get to the gym even on days I'm tired. Even if my performance isn't the best, I wouldn't have made any progress if I'd stayed home!