What have you been learning lately?

Options

Replies

• loveliveswithin
    loveliveswithin Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Death holds my hand, Life kisses my lips.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Apparently, when you treat people the same way they treat you they get offended.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Re-learning that years of service and dedication at work is a one-sided affair.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I am learning Tableau.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I'm reading through things and learning that I really need to sit down and examine what I want to do with the rest of my life and how I can fit whatever that might be into my life as it is now. It's insightful, but frustrating.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Acrylic painting
  • InfoomaousTete
    InfoomaousTete Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I'm learning to let my "adult" children be actual adults...the total lack of control is a hard lesson for this control freak.
  • 3M_TA3
    3M_TA3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    When looking for friends, do not post in the looking for friends as FR do not flow from them.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I'm stronger than I thought. Not everyone can handle all the *kitten* I've gone thru the last few weeks, or the last 10 months.
  • loveliveswithin
    Options
    I hold the power to bring death or life.
  • loveliveswithin
    Options
    When we speak, we impart a small or large piece of ourselves into whom we speak. Speak deep, impart much. Speak shallow, impart less.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I've been learning to let go of what I can't control.

This one is sooooo hard for me. Got any tips on how you managed to do it? Congratulations on reaching that point, btw.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    I'm learning that I need to stop using humor to cover for my insecurities, also to stop the self-belittling that I do with that humor as well. I've learned that I allowed seemingly innocuous events in my youth to cause more emotional scars than I was willing to admit to. The words & actions of others were like venom that afflicted me & that I must not do the same to myself or others. I am grasping that I can & must change if I living the rest of my future to be worth a damn.
    That is all for now, there are more lessons to learn another day.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I would love to learn to salsa dancing if I ever hit my goals, oh & swing dancing too. That looks like a blast. Right now about all I could pull off is lumbering around like a dinosaur. That might be entertaining for everyone else though.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I would love to learn salsa and swing dancing! I have NO rhythm but I love to dance
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Last week I learned that unlike my coworkers I can't secretly have a phone conversation in quiet because I have too much Damn bass in my voice and everyone can still hear me. Luckily I wasn't talking about anything crazy.