What have you been learning lately?

Options
loveliveswithin
loveliveswithin Posts: 2,256 Member
edited April 2017 in Chit-Chat
So this morning I read about how one of the members on MFP was thinking about our perceptions of ourselves. Of course, someone mentioned something that offended another MFP and so on until the mediator closed the discussion. Anyhow, (actually, let me stop you right there, if you are easily offended or don't speak the lingo of love please stop reading and press the back button and proceed to the "self* post" or "would you k*ss me post" or so on (no offense intended)) as I was saying, wouldn't it be rad to post what we have been thinking about or learning about? After all, how many times have you heard mind, body, spirit? All go hand in hand right? Well, here is you opportunity to speak as you feel. Quotes or anything inspirational or just what your leaning about... Please feel free to "respectfully agree to disagree" if you don't find a meeting of minds. :) We all are most certainly on different journeys at very different points in Life.

Replies

• loveliveswithin
    Options
    "Perception is awareness shaped by belief. Beliefs "control" perception. Rewrite beliefs and you rewrite perception. Rewrite perception and you rewrite genes and behavior... I am free to change how I respond to the world, so as I change the way I see the world I change my genetic expression. We are not victims of our genes. We are masters of our genetics." -Bruce Lipton Ph.D., cellular biologist
  • j_trea1
    j_trea1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've been learning precalc, second half of a 2 semester bio class, and developmental psychology. And on a more MFP note I've been learning more about training strategies for preparing for my first century ride, I'll just have to find one between semesters to knock it out.
  • loveliveswithin
    Options
    "You visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

-C.G. Jung
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    People think I'm irresistible
  • TurnuptheACDC
    TurnuptheACDC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I've been learning about investing in the stock market for the past couple of months. It gives me a headache each time.
  • loveliveswithin
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Do our beliefs control our dreams or do our dreams control our beliefs? This I know for sure, each working in perfect harmony towards the destination we are designed for.
  • loveliveswithin
    Options
    A lie is the reality of he who spoke it. But he who speaks love has seen the Truth.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I am constantly learning how to improve teaching and learning. Could be the psychology and theory of it, the application of practice, aligning the theory and practice to outcomes, or simply how to be more responsive to audience needs or delivery of instruction.
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I've been learning a lot about the effects emotional abuse has on a child's brain. And then in my spare time I've been learning Japanese so I can watch anime unsubbed.

I've been watching anime all of this time and so far I've learned how to say thank you lol. By 2050 ill know a complete sentence.
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    us5eyun2u8pv.jpg