What have you been learning lately?

Options

Replies

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Today my students told me about the RompHim, summer's hottest men's fashion craze.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I have learned being ignored won't shut me up. I'm gonna keep talking.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    On MFP: Y'all are pretty pessimistic when it comes to outlooks on relationships or love. I'm sure that not everyone is a sunshine-y little pessimist, but I've noticed a prevalence here.

Off MFP: I've been reading a book about Ruth Bader Ginsburg called Notorious RBG and how the meme started online a few years back. It's been insightful, to say the least.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    To leave behind what's not meant for me
  • loveliveswithin
    loveliveswithin Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    It only takes a spark to ignite a blaze.2gztudenkd34.jpg
  • lynn6241
    lynn6241 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been learning how much I really enjoy cooking (when I have the time)!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The human brain is, and I'm serious here, an almost perfect quantum computer. Whether you choose to believe it was created to be that way or evolved to be that way, it is that way.
  • Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    My happiness depends on me alone, no one else. I am more able every day to stick up for myself. I have felt pushed to my limit recently and have learned that it's sometimes better to just let go rather than continue a vicious cycle of trying to please/fix which in turn adds unwanted stress...and I want to be happy, not stressed. I am stronger at being able to say, 'No'. I have learned to let someone know if what they say/do offends me or just telling them to "Stop". I have chosen more than not to listen to my gut instinct. Thus far, it has not failed me...yet. I only wish I had adhered to it more...before. I am better at walking away from things that are not right for me, whether it's a situation or a person. And, this past week, I have learned that I will not put up with things I would have in the past. Here's to getting stronger :)

• Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    Options
    Svanel wrote: »
    My happiness depends on me alone, no one else. I am more able every day to stick up for myself. I have felt pushed to my limit recently and have learned that it's sometimes better to just let go rather than continue a vicious cycle of trying to please/fix which in turn adds unwanted stress...and I want to be happy, not stressed. I am stronger at being able to say, 'No'. I have learned to let someone know if what they say/do offends me or just telling them to "Stop". I have chosen more than not to listen to my gut instinct. Thus far, it has not failed me...yet. I only wish I had adhered to it more...before. I am better at walking away from things that are not right for me, whether it's a situation or a person. And, this past week, I have learned that I will not put up with things I would have in the past. Here's to getting stronger :)

I feel like I have lived aspects of your journey just recently! This especially "I have chosen more than not to listen to my gut instinct. Thus far, it has not failed me...yet. I only wish I had adhered to it more...before. I am better at walking away from things that are not right for me, whether it's a situation or a person."

I have always gone on gut instinct and it has served me well. But lately; I have been such a fool.

Here's to you girl; here's to remaining in the strong zone :)

Thank you! <3 and, likewise!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I'm learning how to say no.

Dammit !
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    There some weird stuff

hey... howzet goin'?
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    My internal body clock is forever set at 6 am *sigh*
  • loveliveswithin
    loveliveswithin Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    "About my method of work, first - it's the state of mind - elation." Alex Calder