WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2017

Options
barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
agbf1a56it8x.jpg

The first day of a new month is a clean slate....turning the page on the calendar tells me that I can make a fresh start with new plans and new goals. Thus we start this thread anew each month.

Reflect on how you did with your goals and resolutions for June and then set them aside and move on.
What goals and resolutions do you have for July? It's a bright shiny new month and a chance to make a fresh start.

Don't forget to bookmark this page so you can find it again.

June Resolutions (with end of the month comments)
*work on the rock project in the front yard 30-60 minutes a day four days a week (even longer some days)
*meditate daily, increasing the time by 5 seconds each day ( now up to 7 1/2 minutes)
*attend practices for the fair performance twice during the month (done)
*plan and begin a strength training program (didn't even start)

July Resolutions
*walk an average of at least 17,000 steps a day
*finish spreading bark in yard
*finish front yard rock project
*find three or more new dances to teach my line dance class

253149qtzkf0ld22.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washington

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    Options
    Dana - Ivan was so beautiful. Reminds me a lot of Jess' cat, Shadow

Just found out that the memorial service for the woman who was in hospice and died Thurs will be Monday. I honestly didn't think it would be that soon. My guess is that they're doing it while the sons are here because I don't think Bob is strong enough (although he thinks he is. I understand that he was DRIVING). Someone suggested that we go with him when he goes to walk Precious. I don't know how he'll take to this, I have a feeling that he wants to be more independent and do it when it's convenient for him. Sometimes men can be so stubborn!!!!

Michele in NC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :heart: :star::heart:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,078 Member
    Options
    <3B)<3
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Lisa- we love you and hold you dear in our hearts please check in and pm me and I will give you my email and cell...
    Love you lots girlfriend
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Barbie thanks for the inspiring quote and leading us to another month. :)

Taking a step back is important, Lisa take all the time you need, keep logging, moving and reading. Sending strength and <3 we are here!

My June goals were overall pretty well hit. Lots of water and most days gluten free. Of course yesterday I fell off the wagon and I really feel the difference, tummy hurts, I'm itchy! Time to stay away from gluten for the long haul. I am on maintenance and that's a tricky place for me, I start getting reckless!!

July goals:

~Exercise as much and as often as I like
    ~drink lots of water at least 64 oz
    ~stay away from gluten and appreciate how much better I feel when I don't ingest it
    ~enjoy my DD and DH and be a little social at least once a week
    ~enjoy my garden and tend to it

NYKAREN

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention, I typed up my resume, cover letter and videos and mailed off my application for a new side gig--brave and proud that I did it. And I don't care if I even get a call back from them, just had to imagine I am good enough for the gig. That was the accomplishment. And I am very very fortunate to have the job I have and that is enough but it's important to stretch and imagine-that is something I need to do more of----stretch and imagine. NYKAREN
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Beth – When they put me in the ‘wisp’ mask they did not really ‘fit’ it and they finally changed it to a ‘small’ one. So much better. It has a headgear that has more straps that the full or half-mask; but, I can still, and do, pull it off during the night, if I feel like it is stifling my breathing. I hope your son won’t have too many issues by not being able to wear it for a few days. I know I have had a sinus infection that has made it almost impossible to breathe; but, having the ‘wisp’ (or any mask) on only made it worse. I’d finally have to come into the den and sleep in the chair to be able to breathe and fall asleep. I’m beginning to think I have narcolepsy, because during the day when I should be awake. I find myself waking up (usually when the book in my hand falls out and hits the floor).

Kate – I had a friend pick out a dress for her daughter’s wedding and had the same thing occur when the groom’s mother did the same. When DYS got married, I picked out a pretty lace over sheath dress in teal/aqua. My DDnL#1 had ‘tried’ on the same dress in a bright yellow; but, said the color did not work for her. DDnL#2’s mother had on a dress that was ‘similar’ to mine, just not exactly and not the same color. But, I did wait until she had picked out her own; and, took pictures of the dress and suit I had picked out, sent pictures to DDnL#2 to get her approval. They both looked good on me; but, ‘thankfully’ she picked the dress which was less expensive (and cooler) than the suit would have been. I have 2 dresses (and a short one, that I only wear with my cowboy boots) and I think I have worn each of them only once.

Joyce – I hope you will research about the pros and cons of ‘declawing’ before you do it. It might be the only way to keep Mr. Mozart from ripping up things; but, it puts him at risk if he goes outside. I’ve heard that a lot of vets have stopped doing this because it makes them walk on their pads without the benefit of the nails coming out to help with their balance and it ‘hurts’ like breaking your nail back into the quick. Louis asked our vet about declawing Cracker’s nails on her left foot because from all the injuries she’s had which makes them grow crooked. He told us, ‘no, while them growing the way they do, it’d be better for us to clips them back, than declawing her on this one foot. It would affect her balance if he does'. She already walks on what is basically the ‘quick’ of her middle two toes which are the ones that a dog puts their weight on when walking or running. She does get out of bed and limp for a while; but, she has begun to walk on it; but, it sounds like she is slamming her foot on the floor when she walks on the kitchen floor. She likes the attention she gets when someone is ‘new’ to the house and really ‘plays it up’.

Carol – I think you can update Windows 7 to Windows 8, get used to the changes, 8 (which was my least favorite), then 9, then 10 – I actually had both Windows 7 and Windows 10 on my computer and could go back and forth until I got used to 10 and had the other uninstalled. Like Lanette said, all new computers will come loaded with Windows 10 anyway.

Dana – You cat looks like my “Kissy Kat” I had in my teens, the one who would get in the tub with me and enjoyed being in the water.

Allie – You’ve probably done enough ‘digging’ and it is time to let the attorneys battle it out. Getting her served for a deposition will probably put a strain on the relationship between TomCat and her; but, like you said, ‘TomCat’ can do as he pleases … just don’t let him coming crawling back to you with empty promises. Throw the TomCat out on his butt and tell him ‘where he can stick it’ and go for the things he loves most.

Barbiecat – I like you post about ‘beginning with a clean slate’. Today is the best, next, first day of the rest of our lives.

Becca – Love the saying about the ‘stones’. The stone painting is beginning to take hold down here. Saw where they were having a ‘stone painting’ somewhere in town (Albany); but, I doubt I will go. We have enough rocks to paint out here.

Kate – That is one big chicken!

Lisa – You’ll be missed and we understand. Hope to see you back in a few!

My DDnL#1 got the job; which means, she will be making significantly more than with the State job. Then, in 6 months she will get a raise (if she is working out) and be making over $15 an hour (more than she has ever made); so maybe that extra income will make things for DOS and she and their family a lot smoother. She was ‘excited’. The health insurance is a little more each pay period; but, it will still cover Taylor until she graduates, or until she is 26, if she goes back to work; provided she hasn’t gotten married and covered under any policy Chase might have. Chase has been volunteering at a PT office and Taylor says he loves it. He’s got to take some ‘expensive’ test, much like the MEd Cat or Bar Exam before he can apply to go to PT school. Right now, they are looking at applying to the one in Savannah. So praying hard he will get in. Living in Savannah, or right outside will be nice and will give us another place to go visit. We’re getting new chairs for our den and I offered our old ones to them, if they wanted them. She said she'd ask Chase about it. I will clean them up as best as I can. Need to get the vacuum cleaner out and use the crevice tool on it. It takes a few pillows under the cushions to keep them shored up; but, they still are comfortable; and, made very well since they are circa 1920’s or 1930’s. Later on, they might want to have the reupholstered. Made much better than any you can buy now.

Lenora
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Allie ... a belated Happy Birthday! I love seeing you in the new avatar!

Barbie ... thanks for moving us into July. A clean slate is exactly what I need.

I gained weight this month! Sheesh! I know what I did wrong and what I did right ... just had the percentages backwards! I will be 55 on Tuesday. This is the time I usually reset my personal goals for the year. Mostly I need to get back to basics of weighing, measuring, honestly logging and exercising. So simple and so hard.

Heather ... for the first time I watched the Great British Baking Show! I thought of you the whole time. They were baking Yorkshire Puddings and I really never knew what they were. One woman was from Yorkshire and was sure she'd be shunned if her puddings didn't measure up! :D

Have a great day ladies!

Beth
  • Mauitn
    Mauitn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Morning all and Happy July 1st.
    Barbie, thanks for the new months post and the clean slate idea!
    I have our community's party for the 4th today so need to make two pot luck dishes to take and help see that everything is set up.

Earnie/Mauitn in Monteagle Tennessee
    July Projects
    *Up Date Red Notebook
    Funeral Info
    Document Passwords
    Update will
    *Plant herbs
    *De-clutter all pants in closet (pants, shorts, tights)
    * Work on Meal Planning
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Good Morning to All,

Working on getting to bed early.
    Continue to cut down on snacking.
    Reduce sugar and refined carbs.
    Enjoy the wonderful summer weather

:heart: Margaret