Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Happy Birthday wish, Heather. :heart:
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, Katla. I hope we get some sun this afternoon for you to enjoy.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Katla ~ Have a great day and a great year to come! :)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Katla - s08vzeiuhxal.jpg

Happy Birthday! Enjoy this cooler day!

Lanette
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Katla- Happy Birthday! Sounds like a great birthday cake! Have a fantastic day!
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    We can go down some funny rabbit holes in this thread. It's always funny what sets us off! Kim, I think your idea of going out with a bang is the best one I've read yet.

Happy birthday, Katla!

My wedding picture...o4gtfa8le7sh.jpg. We were definitely on a budget. My one regret is no real photographer.
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATLA!

Have a fantastic day!! BTW, we are the same age now!

Dana in Arkansas

5dcft5t7autr.jpg
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    happy birthday Katlamay the day be filled with all you love <3
    NYKAREN
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Katla

Kate UK <3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    We were definitely on a budget. My one regret is no real photographer.

That is my regret from my first wedding, too. We hired a professional photographer, however, for my second wedding, and most of those pictures are really horrible. She took some great ones of us outside, but she got the light wrong on the inside pictures. That was really disappointing.

Beautiful wedding picture, by the way!

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Ladies~
    went and got my hair cut , and then back here had a phone call with attorney, who hasnt heard from Toms attorney yet... which is rather odd. but whatever.. she is filing a motion for temporary alimony so that if I can move to that condo, I can without incident... taking Chester to vet in a bit...
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Katla! :flowerforyou:
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Katla

. Muscha, just looked at your wedding album. Wow, I opened it expecting to see the traditional white dress and all. But it was a wedding celebrating who you guys are. Loved where you had it, method of transportation, just everything.

I am so glad my parents pre planned and partially paid for their funerals. We were not in a state of mind to do it ourselves. My parents were two individuals but acted as one unit. They completed each other. I can't think of one without thinking of the other. I loved them and still love them now. My grandchildren know their legacy and love them.

Charlie wants to be in a mosoleum when he dies. Says he is afraid of suffocating! Well if we don't prep lab our funerals I am not paying for him to be in a mosoleum. I'm sure we will have to have two services/memorials for him. The first our family. The second a big karaoke party and they all love to drink. There are enough friends that love the kinds of songs he loves and does so often, they would song his favorites.

Well, I took my shower last night and felt better for it but didn't wake up rests at all. Off to clean the bathroom sinks. I don't think that will take a lot of excertion.

Joyce, indiana
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Happy Birthday Katla~ Hoping you have a spectacular day~ Love ya..
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening my dear Friends,

Allie, I want to read that you are all well and feeling great. ((((Hugs))))

Becca, glad things are working out better with Prudence.

M, I like the colors in the first palette you showed us. Most of my walls are the gold and many of our accent pieces are in the blues.

Heather, I’m with you on funerals. DH and I will both be cremated and we won’t have a service for either of us. I agree that a good party sounds like the way to go.

Felecia, your stand up desk sounds great. I hope you enjoy it. You said that your Dad said, "do whatever you want with me. I don't care." I'm not sure that's completely true, but it's what he's said. I truly don’t care what is done with me once I pass. If someone wanted to throw a party that would be great and if not, I sure don’t want a lot of money spent at a funeral home. I doubt I’ll know what’s going on by then.

Allie, you are such an angel. As bad as you feel, you still go to sit with Bev’s mom. Gosh we should all have a friend like you.

Katla, the fair sounds like fun.

Joyce, the landscaping looks great. I can’t get over the difference since the huge bushes are gone. Now if Charlie goes first and you don’t put him in a mausoleum, at least he won’t be able to fuss at you about it. Not right then, anyway. lol

Dana, cool deal on your flight. Sometimes it’s good to forget rewards points for a few years.

Heather, congrats on doing the sofa covers all by yourself. Sometimes we just surprise ourselves with what we can accomplish.

Katla, how dare you not let us know it was going to be your birthday. birthday-party-smiley-emoticon.gif I hope it has been fabulous. I like our cake idea. That would work for me.

Time to go start getting ready. I have a dinner tonight with the Women of the Moose. It is our once a month dinner at a different restaurant. Tonight is at California Dreaming. I’ll probably have a salad but will check the menu as soon as I get this posted.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.
    Sending love, good thoughts and cool sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • grandmallie
    Options
    well here I am again.. you know what? starting taking the antibiotics again, and feeling quite a bit better.. 222.30 later at the vet. but both of them are set for the rest of the year..
    going to get together with my friend Bev this weekend for a glass of wine and dinner probably Saterday or Friday night as, she will be moving from one apartment to another up in Boston..
    This poor woman is my age, and has a mentally handicapped brother,who lives in a residental home,and her mom that lives in the house here that Bev inherited from her aunt, and she lives in Boston for work.. and she has to drop everything at the drop of a hat to take care of either her mom or brother, and I thought I had problems.....
    my daughter should be here by 6 to pick up Tal... and tomorrow another day of work and then saterday I work too.
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Wedding 39 years ago was small. We didn't invite anyone and walked in (late) to the ceremony to find about 35 people there. Now that was a shock as we didn't expect anyone except our parents. My dress I found for $20 and my husband actually bought a new shirt for his suit just to please his mom. lol My dad paid for a luncheon for the families and a couple of college friends that "snuck in". We didn't have a photographer (a friend snapped a few photos) but my mom baked a cake for us. Very simple. We spent more on a 30th anniversary dinner with our family at a seafood restaurant.

Funerals. We just recently buried my mother-in-law. She was adamant as to what we were to do after her death. A 10 minute grave-side service, no fuss, no weeping and wailing. Then a blow-out party at the Women's Club open to the public. And what a party it was. The women from the club (she was a life-long member) decorated in balloons and rainbows, streamers and had put up great pictures all around of her. Then we had singing and tale telling and line dancing. Yes, line dancing. My father-in-law was quite sad until the party and he was quite happy that everyone could rejoice in her life. He's been struggling a lot since then, very very lonely as this is the second wife he has lost to illness. He's 87 and says he can't do this again. We have assured him nobody expects him to get married again but he is so lonely and wants companionship so badly you never know what he's going to do.

Someone mentioned they'd like to be thrown in a casket and buried, no embalming. It is quite possible to do that and there are even places where they encourage wicker basket caskets so natural decay can take place completely. When we were bringing meat home from Wisconsin we had to find dry ice for the trip. We pulled up with two freezers full of beef and needing dry ice and I mentioned to this man that he probably doesn't see freezers pull up often. Oh little did I know. Seems that where he was there is a large Jewish population and many of them are from families in a different state. They want to be buried "back home." They don't embalm and burial must take place within a certain number of days so they load the corpse into a casket, show up at his place and they fill the casket with dry ice and off they go the drive "home". Okay, my freezers full of meat are nothing compared to that.

Went out and ran this morning before the heat index got into the triple digits. It was already 89 when I got out there at 8:30 this morning but at least the humidity wasn't as high as it is now. Looks like we are in for a couple of weeks of rather hot hot weather.

Melting in Houston,
    Marcelyn