• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN!!
    :)

I typed a lot on here and wouldn't you know it my phone died!
    Oh well I'll try again tomorrow!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

**wahoo hrm not recording :0/ **
    all apple watch-

bike ride hm 2 gym- 12.01min, 14.6mph. 2.9mi = 97c
    Plyometrics exercises- 43.44min, 5ets of 10each, squats, squats w/jump
    single leg toe touches, ceiling to fl single leg touches w/8# weight, hamstring leglifts, push-ups, all 4's elbow to knee, reverse bicycles, leg lifts, pelvic lifts w/8# weight, crunches, sit-ups w/8# weight, on butt-knees to chest = 250c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.48min, 14.5amph, 1.4mi = 55c
    bike ride puy 2 sumner station- 13.23min, 13.5amph, 3mi= 132c
    run sta 2 wk- 4.45min, 9.15min mi, .5mi = 63c
    run wk 2 sta- 4.34min, 10.08emin mi, .4mi = 60c
    bike ride puy sta 2 hm- 49.29min, 11.9amph, 9.7mi = 450c

total cal 1088c

last 2 stats don't make sense
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    :)
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Having a tough time with Prudence. Her brother gave her an Amazon Echo, and now she wants internet, so she can play music from it. I need to sit her down and state that you need to have wireless internet for the Echo to work, plus you have to go online ( on her tablet) to downloiad apps for that. She can't see to do all this, and if she just wants to listen to music, just get a boom box! I told her I am kind of upset that her brother got this, because of all the added expense to make it all work! I am getting so frustrated! Spent this morning getting her debit card pin number changed, helped her get the disability van ride she needs to Portland for an appointment, and got some quotes on different internet rates. Tonight I will tell her, for what she wants to do, just a great portable sound system is what she needs, not a monthly internet bill. Wish me luck!

Love Becca
    Oregon
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Most of my landscape is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow they will come back and level out all the dirt, lay the black mulch, they found some huge roots he found, put in the cuts from the tree trunk we kept, straw the back yard where the tree had been taken out and then get the check!!!!!! I know they are all immature plants so I am anxious for them to grow up. But it already makes a difference just to get our weeds out. Oh, he needs to sink the landscape bricks.

Michelle came over and the first thing we did was to go and try to find a paint color that we like, work with the fact he doesn't want light in the bedroom and get something her will tolerate. Well we couldn't find anything. I had a doctors appointment so I left and Charlie and her did all the sanding needed. When he gets angry, he takes it out on the wall. I make him fix every hole and he thinks it is fine for him to have all these white spots in the room. NOT! So if I left the sanding to him he would barely sand all the spots he put dry wall mud on. So Michelle sanded, cleaned down the walls. Then when I got home from. The doctor we all of us went to the store and picked out paint. I like bold co,Les and he doesn't. Maybe after we get all the room painted it will look different but the one section we painted lols a little darker than an antique white. The bathroom is a little darker than the bedroom. I was hoping to get carpet pretty soon but I'm not sure if he will do that. The curtains are old fashioned 1978, he even puts a towel over the top to cut out light and duct tapes the blinds to the wall. He is adamant about not getting new curtains or comforter. MEN! But we are dead tired. Michelle says she can do all the painting all by herself but I don't want her to do that. It is depressing to see Charlie get so tire with the little bit he did today. I helped a lady get her husband in the car at Sam's club today. He looked like a cross between Charlie and my grandpa.

Happy birthday Virginia Karen. Your childhood sounds like mine. I wish every child had the kind you and I had. I am glad you were born a girl because we wouldn't have gotten the chance to know you!

The orchestra conductor had in middle school influenced so many young lives. I don't think he will ever know. Michelle wasn't even in the orchestra. It he touched her life. Her best friend was in the orchestra and after lunch period he needed help every day setting up chairs because the room was used as choir in the morning. So Michelle and her best friend did that. Just the way he treated them with respect, got to know them as team members and upcoming young adults gave her so much confidence. He is now at the high school.

Talk tomorrow or maybe tonight, Joyce, Indiana
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Tere - I'm really afraid that Denise's marriage won't be between Denise and Pete, it'll be between Denise, Pete and his mother. In a sense, I wish they would move away, just to be away from her influence but still able to see her. Like in another state, maybe VA. But I know that Pete wants to move closer to his mother, even tho that means that he'll have a longer commute. Well...not my marriage. Unfortunately, Denise (nor Pete) is strong enough to stand up to his mother. Now Jessica is. When she texted Jess where she could have the shower and when, Jess just texted back that the girls and her haven't decided, and when they do, she'll be informed. Actually, we've been informed. She'll probably find out when she gets the invitation....lol

drkatiebug ... how right you are, the food really doesn't matter. Who is going to care in 5 years? I'm just p***ed that I specifically asked her NOT to do this one thing, and she went ahead and did it anyway.

Lenora - Denise's gown is hanging in my closet in one of the back bedrooms. I'm supposed to go up there the 20th of Aug for a fitting for her.

Kim - great bargains. I love a good bargain.

Had Rummikub here tonight and I was talking to one lady. I told her about the bridal shower favors. She told me to let his mother put them out if she wants to. Really, she should return them since I did ask her not to purchase them. However, if I were to throw them out or not put them in the bag, that would make me look vindictive, bring me down to her level. Let everyone see that she has this junky thing and mine is nicer. Just wonder now if she's going to get something else? I guess that's what I should do, hold my head high and my daughter will know that I'm not stooping to the MIL's level, she'll remember that.

Michele in NC
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Pip - Top one. Teal with white.
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Michele in NC -
    exermom wrote: »
    I think I know what I'll do about those "favors". Tell me what you all think of this. I'll ask Amanda if I can have them to incorporate into "my" favors. Then...oops...I forgot to put them in....now isn't that a crying shame? If his mother can't remember that I asked her not to buy them, then I can't remember to put them in the bag.

Perfect! I was going to suggest doing something that would involve "forgetting" the offending favors. What a shame the wedding has placed so much stress on you that you have become forgetful. <weg>

weg - wicked evil grin

Mia in Mi
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. Vicki grand island ne
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Its almost 9 pm and I have expressed my views to Prudence and she confessed, "you are 100% right". She stated that if she wanted cable and internet, her new place would be the time to get it. They might even have senior packages, being that its a 60+ age bracket complex. I am relieved and happy! I shared my strawberries I got at the food bank today with her. Also even a couple of spoonfuls of my sisters homemade strawberry jam! On a positive note, she informed me that she had to go to Fred Meyers tomorrow, and she neither asked nor did I offer. She just stated she would call a cab. Promising behavior for both of us I think!
    Becca
    Its hard to say what you mean, and mean what you say, in
    Oregon
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :)Lenora, the middle of my front yard is medium sized river rock...then a row of larger rock that probably is river rock but was all dug up in my back yard, in front of that is gravel that is maintained by the subdivision and the street is in front of that.

:)NYKaren, congrats on the call back...I'm rooting for you.

:) I am home safe and exhausted from my adventure in Seattle. We rode the ferry and the bus and had lunch in a great place and had good seats for the play that was a musical adaptation of Jane Austen's "Persuasion". Now off to bed.

<3 Barbie
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Becca - That looks like my kitchen colours! I have the same KitchenAid .

When my younger son got married I refused to give them any money towards the wedding as I don't approve of expensive white weddings, especially in church, for non believers. :grumble: I paid for a really nice honeymoon instead as I certainly do approve of holidays! ! ! B)
    My second wedding cost $900 all in, including my outfit. We invited 10 people and had a pub lunch. I wanted it smaller, but DH prevailed on me to include partners. Everyone said it was the best wedding they had been to. <3:D
    I am not going to have a funeral either. I will have my body cremated without a public fuss and hope everyone will just have a nice party and meal to remember me. David Bowie did the same.

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxx