WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2017

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Lanette, oh sheesh way too hot! I will take his advances with grace and um just run around the apartment!!! Stay cool my friends!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,005 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka: Thanks so much for the lesson on Pork Pies. I'm sure the Winter Holiday version would have been very meaty and eaten directly from the hand. Your link even has a recipe. I'm going to save it. The next time we have leftovers from a pork roast, I may try to make some. It seems like they'd be great fall or winter food. Perhaps I think so because of the seasonal setting of the book. :smiley:

It's interesting ... I don't cook (but do bake a little), I have a reduced sense of taste and smell, I generally look at food as fuel ... but I'm intrigued by the culture and history of food. :)

For example, if you look at many different cultures, you'll see that they've each got a food item that is a some sort of dough wrapped around meat and veg. The spring roll, the egg roll, buritos, sandwiches, pork pies ...

• Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    machka - you certainly are one busy lady! Is that a Saturn Outlook you have? We have one.

No ... Outlook 2016 is part of the Office 365 package on my computer for coordinating my email systems.

MS Office did an update while I was on holiday and all of a sudden Outlook was crashing every time I opened it. So I set about doing Google searches for the the solution. The first site offered a couple ideas which didn't work at all. In fact, I highly suspect the person used Outlook 2013 and just extrapolated that to Outlook 2016 without realising that they are different. The next site offered the correct solution and I was able to fix things on both of my computers. :) I'm back in business again!

• Machka9
    edited July 2017
    Options
    The pie that Machka posted as a pork pie looks very tasty, but is not the traditional Melton Mowbray Pork Pie. See my link to Wikipedia. Her version looks more like a game pie. In Winter Holiday it would have been the British version.

Heather UK xxxxxxx

Yeah ... I looked at several pictures and chose the one that looked the nicest to me. :grin: Probably the most like the meat pies I've become accustomed to.

Here's the one you linked to ... :)

250px-Pork_pie_on_plate.jpg
  • MartiB856
    MartiB856 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    :)
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Dana, this Southern Baptist preachers kid is proud of you for being baptized as an adult. Don't be nervous. Those are your friends out there.

NYKaren, I think Chalrie would do anything Ellie asked him to do. When trinity was a little girl, she was only openly loving to a few people. I was one of those because I initiated it very early on. Well as soon as she was born. Chalrie is not one to initiate love. But as my SIL said, Christina's labor with Ellie was quick because she knew there were people out side her mommy that she needed t meet and talk to. Ellie talks to everyone. At supper tonight, she made sure the waitress knew that she was glad this lady was our waitress tonight and that she had a great time with her. Sometimes she will make something for the waitress. She knows how to make a nice ring out of dollar bill. Since Ellie seems to always have money, she has a lot of those dollar bills. Charlie is very proud to know that his little girl will be great some day and her name be known. I see her at MIT or somewhere like that. She was talking about a project she has been working on this summer on sustainable energy and no sustainable energy. This is not a school ordered project. This is just Ellie thinking of something to do if she isn't reading. She was soanxious to help water m plants and lawn tonight. She didn't water it enough so I just gently took the hose and continued talking and we watered it more. I think she wanted me to water her also. It it was in e 70s in the evening and I didn't want to do that. I can see blades of grass in the back yard now!!!!!!! She makes me see so many thing s an adult just doesn't see. While watering the plants, the sealed wood pieces get watered. Plus the birds had pooped on one of them so I told her to make sure they got clean. But as she cleaned it she showed me how it dripped down the wood like drops of pearls. She is just such a sweet young lady. If she just didn't have such a lid continous giggle. I am glad she is happy but oh her giggle could be turned down a bit. Trinity loved all the things we got her. I think her best thing was something now on her wish list. I found a white furry body pillow case. So of course I had to buy the body pillow. Michelle bought her two pillows that when you touch them or rub them, the color turns a different color. These were black and when you rub, they turn gold. So of course you can do a tic tac toe or write on them or anything. I told her she could do her math problems on the! That want hpwhat a girl at the end of summer break wanted to hear. School pretty much starts on her birthday!

Allie, I hope you use your time without Tom there to really make sure anything of any kind of value of yours is out of the house. I am so glad you had such a good time tonight. You deserve many more of those.

Gotta get up early tomorrow t see the kids off and make sure Mr Mozart does not make it in Ellie's suitcase! Bless her heart, she was designing a new toy for him and she needed something that could not only be a base that an old fishing pole cat toy would stay in, it needed to be at an angle. So first she takes paper and makes a vessel type thing, she uses lots and lots of scratch tape, then went out and got some rocks put them in this and then was able to stick this pole in at an angle it could hold the ball she made at the proper height. When I saw it, I picked it up and knew it was rock. So I asked her and she proudly told me how she made it. So I got out my spestimate from the landscape and showed her the line item where it was the one area where he had to totally clean out all he old dirt with vegetation, bugs and everything, put down the landscape fabric and en stones. I showed her that price. Now the rocks did not cost that much. You could go to Lowes and buy a small bag of rock. But she immediately dismounted her project and returned the rocks. Hopefully she knows now to ask permission.

Joyce, Indiana
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hot, hot, hot here. The poor crops.
    Boss (daughter's Pit Bull) cried pitifully outside our bedroom door last night. DH will not allow him in the bedroom so there I was in the recliner with a Pit Bull on my lap. He immediately began snoring. I finally settled him down with Ellie Elephant on the couch. He misses his people.
    So I went to work Thursday and worked out my shift. I guess I was supposed to have Thursday off and work Saturday. I screwed it up but worked it out so now I have the weekend off.
    This house is still a disaster zone . Maybe I can right some of that.
    lazy, hazy, crazy kind of day.
    My sister got her Garth tickets but she let her frugalness dictate her seat choice. Why does she want to sit behind the stage?
    Lots to do, hope I find some ambition to get it done.

-Sharon in Lethbridge
  • Machka9
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Saturday -- Windy day with threatening rain. It was relatively warm (15C) but the wind and gloom didn't inspire us to ride outside.

So we stopped off at Anaconda: https://www.anacondastores.com/ where we picked up some long-sleeved cycling tops to keep us warm as winter continues. It's always interesting looking around at all the stuff. :)

Then we went to the gym where I rowed for 20 min, rode a spin bike for 40 min, and then ran for 18 minutes. Decent workout.

My husband was feeling a little under the weather so he rowed for about half an hour and then walked.

It's nice that we can workout "together" but yet not together. We do our own thing, and grin at each other from across the room or when we walk past on our way to the next thing. :mrgreen:

M in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,957 Member
    Options
    :)Dana, congrats to you on your re-commitment to your spiritual practices. While mine are far different from yours, I have found that my spiritual life contributes to my health and my ability to follow through on the plans I've made. Stay in the moment and focus on how important the event is to you and you'll be fine in front of people. The whole event is a great opportunity for spiritual growth.

:)Machka, that's very impressive walking for someone who spends so much time on a bike.

<3 It's Saturday and I got to sleep late (4:45). Now breakfast is finished and it's time to take the dogs for their long walk.

:)B)B) Barbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,607 Member
    Options
    /.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,748 Member
    Options
    well I am off, fed my DFIL and told him about Margaret and he stuck with that, he really wants to go see her, but did get a video of him for her.. going to stop and get some roses for her and then spend a few hours there..
  • MindSetBrenda
    MindSetBrenda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 57 and only had a tumor took off my spine, left me numb and a foot drop, (foot don't move) on my left side. I am on crutches and can walk a ways, but get tired after awhile. I am raising 2 grand-kids, (another story) ages 14 and 11. Which their old enough to help me. But the problem for me is I am very very limit to exercise. I try and it ends up at night my left leg going into cramps.
    So my weight has to come off by food and food alone. Anyone have suggestions for me would be awesome. Recipes, foods, etc. Thanks all, and keep up bettering yourself!
  • Machka9
    Options
    Hi, I am 57 and only had a tumor took off my spine, left me numb and a foot drop, (foot don't move) on my left side. I am on crutches and can walk a ways, but get tired after awhile. I am raising 2 grand-kids, (another story) ages 14 and 11. Which their old enough to help me. But the problem for me is I am very very limit to exercise. I try and it ends up at night my left leg going into cramps.
    So my weight has to come off by food and food alone. Anyone have suggestions for me would be awesome. Recipes, foods, etc. Thanks all, and keep up bettering yourself!

Can you swim? Just wondering if that's something that wouldn't require pressure.

Also, has the Dr said anything about the cramps? Your case may be different, but sometimes cramping can be caused by dehydration and lack of calcium and magnesium. You might want to enquire.