• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    pitegny wrote: »

This morning I was 30 kg (66 pounds) down from my mid-January starting point. I think I am definitely on track to be below 200 pounds by this fall. I can definitely see the difference, both in my clothes and when I look in the mirror.

Wow! This is truly amazing! It took me 8 years to lose 60 lbs. I am a turtle for sure! I'm so proud of you.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Karen Happy Happy Birthday <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Today is my 63rd birthday!

63 summers ago, Mom was mother to my 5 year old brother and my 3 year old sister, and due with me on the 4th of July. They were so sure I was going to be a boy (based on my heart rate) that they didn't even pick out girl names. My Granny had come to Nebraska from Idaho to help. It was a sweltering hot summer in Nebraska that year, and my mom was past ready for me to be born. 2 weeks later, Granny went home because she had stuff to do in Idaho. Of course I was born the next day, on a hot July Sunday. At least I was an easy birth, according to my mom. Granny turned around and came back to Nebraska to help out. They had to come up with a girl's name (Karen Marie) ... my younger brother, who arrived the next year ended up with my 'boy' name, Gary Weston. My favorite picture of my sister was taken by my dad on the day I was born.

I had a wonderful childhood. I was so fortunate. Back then, I took it for granted. Today, it is humbling. So many people, including many of you, did not have the kind of childhood I enjoyed.

Thank you, Mom & Dad.

Karen in Virginia

Happy Birthday!

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Did 30 min HIIT and then 30 min on the stairmaster. The plan for tomorrow is to go to the water aerobics class.

barbie - I really like what you did in front of your house. What a lot of work!

Joyce - I'm thinking that I need to make up some sort of timeline and keep it on the computer for when I need to schedule physicals/mammos/BDT, etc

Sharon - thinking good thoughts for you at the Doc's

Loved all the pics of flowers and stuff

Karen in VA - Happy Birthday!

Jess just called. She's on the "Tone It Up" program and evidently the TIU people are doing some sort of tour. She asked me to go to the one in DC. It's on a Thurs in Sept. To be honest, I really don't want to make that trip AGAIN. I'll be going up Aug. 19/20 (I'll leave super early from Jess' because I want to be home at the time of the eclipse.). I admit that I did make a commitment to be at the Green Room. That is the first day of ticket sales, that part's true. She asked me if I could make a switch. I told her there's no one there right now (that's not totally true) and since this is the first day of ticket sales, how can I tell them that I won't be there? I don't have the phone numbers of any of the other volunteers (that's true). She feels that if I really wanted to, I could make this happen. To me, it's not something (the TIU tour) that's earth shattering. Oh, I'll probably be going up for the shower (which will probably be Labor Day weekend)

That reminds me, I need to call the girls to find out if Maria returned those favors. I'm basically going to say that she can either return them or give them to me to incorporate (and then I'll "forget" to put them in the bag). But if she has any thoughts that she's going to be bringing another favor, she can be assured that I WILL throw it out. I'm still Mother of the Bride and I WILL NOT have my daughter's bridal shower look like a circus just because she can't remember that she was asked not to do something.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Today is my 63rd birthday!

63 summers ago, Mom was mother to my 5 year old brother and my 3 year old sister, and due with me on the 4th of July. They were so sure I was going to be a boy (based on my heart rate) that they didn't even pick out girl names. My Granny had come to Nebraska from Idaho to help. It was a sweltering hot summer in Nebraska that year, and my mom was past ready for me to be born. 2 weeks later, Granny went home because she had stuff to do in Idaho. Of course I was born the next day, on a hot July Sunday. At least I was an easy birth, according to my mom. Granny turned around and came back to Nebraska to help out. They had to come up with a girl's name (Karen Marie) ... my younger brother, who arrived the next year ended up with my 'boy' name, Gary Weston. My favorite picture of my sister was taken by my dad on the day I was born.

I had a wonderful childhood. I was so fortunate. Back then, I took it for granted. Today, it is humbling. So many people, including many of you, did not have the kind of childhood I enjoyed.

Thank you, Mom & Dad.

Karen in Virginia

Happyyyyyyyyyy bdayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    <3 Happy Birthday Karen <3 I can imagine your mom was more than ready for you to be born during a hot Nebraska summer. WHEW!

Barbie - love your low-maintenance front yard! Sounds like your home is in a neat neighborhood - terrific the street sweeper comes and picks up the debris! Enjoy your trip to Seattle!

Leigh
    - awesome job! So happy for you and your increased energy is impressive B)

Kate - Your little garden is just perfect. I am an advocate of container and little raised bed gardens-amazing how much can be grown in them. When I was a child, both my parents and grandparents had HUGE gardens that had to be rototilled all summer long to keep the weeds down - of course, there was a lot of fresh eating, canning and freezing the produce.

Off to town for an early morning grocery run.

Have a great day!!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Hi all and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Karen! :drinker:

Went to yoga this morning and managed another 210 calories on the bike this afternoon. o:) Still less than my usual, but it'll do.
    I've just made my first chilli in the IP. Going to check it out in a minute. :D

Stripped the bed and going to check out the new pillows etc when DH comes back from his walk.
    I hope we get the promised rain tonight.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Karen ~ Happy Birthday!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    :)Karen, Happy Birthday. It's a day to celebrate life.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Karen- Happy Birthday! I hope you have a fun day celebrating!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Karen- Happy Birthday sweetie..have a spectacular day.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    B)