WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2017

Options

Replies

• mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) It is important to me to stay connected with all of you on a daily basis. I need the company of women who see healthy eating and exercise as a very high value. Out in my face to face world are too many people who say they want to be healthy but clearly put food indulgence and sloth a lot higher on their list of values. Even if I occasionally veer off the path, my connection with all of you reminds me that my goal is health, fitness, and longevity.

:) Breakfast finished (I eat exactly the same thing every morning), meditation is next, and then I'm off for the after-breakfast walk with the lively dogs.

<3 Barbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington
    So very, very true and well said Barbie.
    I also need all of your help and daily guidance to help me through. I know I would not have got this far without your support.

Chris in MA who is taking a break from work to eat a healthy breakfast.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :)mauitn, having funeral plans written down is important to us, too. There are so many different approaches and it's not fair to have your remaining loved ones left with trying to figure out what you want. We are the opposite of you. We plan to be cremated and want no service at all. If we didn't leave those directions, then someone would be faced with planning an event that wasn't wanted.

:)Lanette,, fireworks are not allowed in my neighborhood but there are so many open space areas around our neighborhood that people are setting off loud fireworks legally on their property and and we can hear them late at night even with our windows closed. It makes me sad that the anniversary of our country is celebrated with too much eating and drinking and loud explosive devices.

<3 Barbie
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    o:)<3B)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    <3
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) It is important to me to stay connected with all of you on a daily basis. I need the company of women who see healthy eating and exercise as a very high value. Out in my face to face world are too many people who say they want to be healthy but clearly put food indulgence and sloth a lot higher on their list of values. Even if I occasionally veer off the path, my connection with all of you reminds me that my goal is health, fitness, and longevity.

:) Breakfast finished (I eat exactly the same thing every morning), meditation is next, and then I'm off for the after-breakfast walk with the lively dogs.

Barbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington
    So very, very true and well said Barbie.
    I also need all of your help and daily guidance to help me through. I know I would not have got this far without your support.

Chris in MA who is taking a break from work to eat a healthy breakfast.

I echo that <3

Mary from Minnesota
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    <3<3<3 Three cheers for that also! :D

So sorry about all your annoying fireworks. It's a lot better down here, but in London our Guy Fawkes went on for weeks. :grumble:

I've made another rice pudding in the Instant Pot so DH can have one when he is feeling better. :s Also cooked some giant couscous for me. I've frozen lots of portions. :D Having 4 oz tonight with squid in a salad. Hope I'm still ok to eat it.

Something I remembered today about my DBIL - he wouldn't grow anything he couldn't eat. I'm a bit like that - I'm much more interested in edible plants. He grew his own hemp, but I don't think it gets to smokeable quality in our temps. He also had ducks and chickens for a while in Central London. He loved France and French food and his new partner bought a tumble down house out near Bordeaux. We visited them there and swam in the lake belonging to the chateau. My children remember that. So many influences on me. I missed out on all pop music and tv in the 70s, because I was listening to jazz and classical with him. We used to go to a jazz club in a pub on Sunday lunchtimes and listen to George Melly singing. Then we would go to a Turkish restaurant. In the days before the breatherlyser much beer and red wine was drunk. :o
    People often ask me how I got so interested in food and some of it was at university when I shared an apartment with a foodie, but most of it was my DBIL. He knew many gourmets and great cooks. One of his reviews in The Good Food Guide went, "The marsala poppadoms were not freshly cooked" :laugh: We all ribbed him for that. I also got a lot of my politics from him.
    He also once called me "an aesthetic tyrant". :noway:

DH asleep and snoring in his chair. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Have a happy day!
    <3<3<3
    Dana in Arkansas
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    It was a bust, most of the curtains had issues:0(. How can that go wrong when u r giving them the original curtains to measure them by. On our way back to get them fixed
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    2319197mr8tnd74af.gif
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Pip - I am really sorry about your curtains. I feel your pain. :'( Grrrrrrrrrr! :sad:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what kind of insect this is?? The neighbor dog played with for a while tossing it in the air, so I don't think it survived.
    7vkebdrk7ccl.jpg

Its a leaf insect or katydid.

• cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Tere - The spelling is Schmuck. In German it means jewellery! Of course we all know what it came to mean in Yiddish! :D It certainly doesn't have a nice sound.

Just made some brown rice in my Instant Pot. Fantastic! Perfection! I have been going low carb, but I think I'm being called over. One good thing is that starch (potatoes, pasta, rice) that is cooked and then cooled becomes "resistant", so takes much longer to be processed by the gut and is no longer high GI even if you reheat it. So you don't get blood sugar spikes. I like my brown rice in salads with other grains.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Pip it took four windows until we got our window fixed. I know you will have better luck with your curtains. This kind of thing happens too often

Window is now in and painted!

:heart: Margaret
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Wonderful afternoon graceful ladies.

I am watching an old movie I have watched before. I saw it on one of my premier stations and recorded it. I didn't remember it until well after I started it but it's a good enough movie it was so good to revisit. It. I bought a zoo. Wouldn't it be wonderful to just take that risk and make a jump in your life and do something like that? It sa heartwarming story and wonderful about what animals can do for us as far as healing.

We have a Golden Corral here and used to go more often than we do now. It has a a wonderful website. Their desserts are now cut into the portion sizes on the website. It also has a large salad bar and if you eat a wise salad bar even before you get any hot food it can help. I eat my sald slowly. By the time I through with my salad, Charlie is some with his first hot plate and we go back to the hot bar. I used to love the yeast rolls and leave those alone. That way I can get a desert which are cut pretty small or my favorite ice cream there, Butter Pecan. Charlie doesn't ,Ike to go there because he says I don't eat my money's worth.

Church was good. There were quite a few of us wearing our patriotic scarves. Three of us who were also had on our Rd white and blue. We said we were the USO ladies. Our choir has been working on several big anthems. We have quite a few other songs also but they aren't as long and big as these anthems. Last week was one and today was the last one. We are also in the middle of pleading for new choir members. Anyone want to move to Evansville? We have 2 very strong sopranos and the rest, 4 ladies are supporting sopranos. We have two strong altos, and two supporting altos. Today one of the supporting sopranos was gone, her some does drag races and it's a family affair. Two of the supporting sopranos are sick frequently but they were both there. But the solo in this big song today was an alto, her daughter only sings in the choir because she is shy. So there is just me, the strong alto and one other. And my strong also isn't as strong as it used to be. Ok, that's the story of today.

Joyce, indiana