WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2017

Options

Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Welcome ginwoo! Glad to have you on board.

NYKAREN
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Lisa, thank you for trusting us with your story. Now you can take a deep breath and get going.

Welcome to ur new ladies. Pull up a chair and stay awhile.

Charlie enjoyed his new sheet last night.

That's about all I have to say this morning . Going to go shopping at Walgreens today, it's senior day!

Joyce, Indiana
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Allie – Sorry about your loss. So that means, I guess, that TomCat will still make it to the FL home (depending on day of funeral).

Becca – Glad you got to talk to oldest son. I really enjoy when Will calls home during the middle of the day because I know he wants to talk to me and not necessarily his Dad (because he’d be working). Things between Trey and Will have drastically improve since there is more money coming in and he no longer *kitten* about being ‘poor’.

Margaret – I’m sure that upset you about the boy riding against the traffic. Normally they don’t know they are supposed to drive with the traffic and follow all the same rules … not running a light. Where are the police when you need them?

Sharon – I think I did a little more eating yesterday because I was upset.
    I was cleaning up the porch and found another infestation of mealy bugs. It’s been so hot on the porch and I don’t know where they came from; but, hoping my orchids don’t get them. I had one orchid this year that had the strangest blooms on it, like they were just not going to open. Contacted Orchid Society and sent pictures. They said they had never seen that either and suggested that I cut the entire stem and throw it away. I hope it is one that will ‘rebloom’ without having to do something special to it.

Your daughter is very talented!

If you can’t find your son’s birth certificate it should be ‘on file either with the Probate Judge’s Office’ or at the “Clerk of Court’s Office” … if he was born where you live now it would be just the trip and whatever they charge to give you a ‘certified’ one. Regarding birth certificate, don’t even give out the original; make a copy. Both my boys had a ‘special one’ besides the form that gets recorded. Trey was born in the Bi-Centennial year and got one that was very colorful and we framed it. Will had one that was not so big; but, it had a picture of the hospital super-imposed on it. They now have both of each.

Allie – Unless they are having to wait for family members to get home, funerals are usually held 3 days after someone passes. We had to have our Mother’s 5 days later because my oldest sister had to have surgery on that Monday; she died on a Saturday (too late to have the service on Sunday).

Heather – Tell him in a ‘joking manner’.

Piteny – Isn’t your name Leigh … you haven’t been signing your posts as that – I hope my car gets fixed too; I will be ‘most’ unhappy if it ‘leaks’ if we have to drive it to Louisiana and it rains. Hit hard enough to bend the handle; so we can’t even open the door; and there is a big gap when the door closes. But, it won’t matter – his insurance will pay for it, especially if his adjuster takes forever to contact me. We’re leaving for about 10 days for our visit with Will and his family. We’re putting off our trip to Texas until the Spring. Louis just has too much work on the books to leave for 2 weeks; but, even then, we’d come back through Vidalia LA and Natchez to get home.
    I’m even hoping that the windows that are having to be reordered from Windows World come in because the installer we have ‘asked’ for is leaving for a short vacation to the beach with his wife.

I have the worst ‘shin splints’ and I really need to exercise today. The other day I tried the plank exercise and was sore after that, even though it was just for a few seconds. I got more tired than I thought I would.

Lenora
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,533 Member
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    Pip

If you would like to send your MS Ride kerchief in my direction I would love to sign it for my sister. She has MS and was recently informed she can no longer live on her own. Things are in the works to have her move from Columbus, Ohio over to Fishers, Indiana where my parents, single sister and married brother live. My parents have secured her an apt. As soon as they get the medical coverage and new doctors set up they will get her over there and set-up home health care for part of her day. She does not want to move and has resisted it for several years. Unfortunately neither her ex husband nor her two adult children will do anything towards her care. Sad situation but being nearer family will give her a better life in the long run. So message me for my address! Thanks for all you do for MS.

Cheri
    in steamy College Station, Tx

i will..., i mailed off my hankie to my 1st person, she lives in oregon. she's my co-workers mom.. who knew... when i get it back i'll send to the next person in line. i am including a lil note, return stamped env. and a sharpie.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Things are plugging along for me. I have been within my cals every day but I'm trying to make up a 3 lb jump in the scale when I changed the batteries 10 days ago. Talk about frustrating! I have all but .2 of it off, so mentally I might stop beating myself up. I KNOW that I didn't gain 3 lbs of fat from Friday to Monday, but it is still most discouraging when you see that number on the scale. Work was beyond frustrating today, but I'm off now and I'm going to have a lovely small filet with blue cheese for dinner to comfort myself :smile: .

Allie - sorry for your loss. Even when it is expected, it is still hard.

Okie in Central TX
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    This picture is of the poster already framed, at the woolen mills!
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    DJ - How horrible for your daughter! So glad she is okay.

Lisa - I appreciate your "confession" and what you shared about your journey. Even if you feel you were being dishonest with us, I don't see it that way at all. We all have our struggles and must work through them in our own way. For many of us it is a rollercoaster of healthy then indulgent cycles that leave us with that frustration and guilt. I got down to 211 in June of 2015, gained back all my weight plus some and now am looking at my distant goal of 172 from my current 254. If medication is available that will help you then there is nothing wrong with that in my eyes. Sorry it somehow made you feel bad about yourself. I see you as a strong, determined woman who is meeting many challenges in your life with a positive attitude and desire to make a difference. Keep at it, girl!

Leigh - did you catch that you said you "managed stay under 1200 lbs" in your post? I had to chuckle at that.

Allie - Since I was absent for about six weeks I don't know what is happening with you and the split. I hope everything is going okay.

Becca - enjoyed seeing the blanket poster. Makes me a little nostalgic.

Barbie - Thanks for keeping us going!

Heather - Remind me where you are going on this coming trip.

Toni
    Word for 2017 - Focus
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    @Machka9 great outfit and I Love, Love, Love the hat!

Thanks! :)

I enjoy dressing up ... I got the hat for a 1930s themed cocktail party at work, and liked it so much I've worn it to several events since.

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    DJ, oh my! Glad your DD is okay.

Lisa, we love you and are glad you are posting again.

I've recommitted to following my boundaries, but have simplified them tremendously. For now, I only have one: Stay within my calorie allotment on MFP.

My August goals:

1. 10,000 steps or more per day
    2. Keep my food boundaries.
    3. Bible study daily
    4. Declutter or tackle paperwork for 30 minutes per day at least 5 days a week
    5. Take vitamins daily
    6. Take off makeup and apply night cream nightly.