Nov. Beginner Challenge.. Walk 30 mins a Day.

Options
AprilTram
AprilTram Posts: 50 Member
Can you walk for 30 mins each day of November ???

I just had surgery last month and need to start slow. Honestly, I'll most likely stay that way. :)
I'm need to walk 30 mins a day and what to know if any one else is up for the challenge with me this month.. Lets snap a picture of something we see along our 30 min walk each day and posted to this challenge thread by the end of the night.. It will help hold us accountable and give us something different to look at. If your not cell phone savvy then just check in each night with a friend Hello, 30 mins completed.. Who's in with me.. :)

Replies

• loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hello, I like this idea and will post a picture of my steps along with a picture of anything interesting I see on my walk. I'm trying for a goal to walk every day in November and get my 10K steps in.
  • loveshoe
    Options
    Here the stats from my walk today
  • AprilTram
    Options
    Going to have to dust off my fitbit I guess Lol.
  • loveshoe
    Options
    I just realized that didn't give my steps.
  • AprilTram
    Options
    The cactus plant I pass down the street. I would love to have one at my driveway enterance.
    qekh7d7sizzf.jpeg
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    This seems like a very achievable goal, I’m in! I didn’t walk today because it poured down rain all day. I do have a gym membership however it doesn’t have childcare and my husband wasn’t able to watch our 2 year old today. I will just have to walk laps IN my house on these kinds of days instead. I will start tomorrow! Good job everyone that did it today!!
  • Marma802
    Marma802 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I did several mini walks that totaled about 25 minutes....I will start with the 30 minute walks tomorrow! Anyone who wants to add me as a friend feel free. I love to give and receive support/motivation!!
  • susanaelizabeth68
    Options
    I really want to get into this challenge, I need something to get me going. I am a nurse at the local high school and today I have 4,191 steps, I honestly have not been trying to eat better or walk or anything else. So, I am going to join this challenge. Thanks for the motivation an Fitbit is charged and ready to go.
  • kimmie373
    kimmie373 Posts: 57 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Ok, I am in . I am just sitting and doing nothing. I keep telling myself I need to get walking again. It is getting dark but I will do this. Stay tuned for a picture in the dark.
  • abishop1920
    abishop1920 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m in! I will start tomorrow. I think posting a pic from every walk would motivate me.
  • AprilTram
    edited November 2017
    Options
    kimmie373 wrote: »
    A house with Halloween eyes.

How creative. :)
  • Marma802
    Marma802 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Walked 30 minutes in my house as it's pouring out!
  • dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    This sounds like fun, I'd love to join you.
  • AprilTram
    Options
    What an awesome partner to have to walk with.. :)
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    I walk more than 30/day with my dogs, I'll post pics. I already walked today
  • farmerdear1
    farmerdear1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Did 38 minutes..beautiful fall day for a walk. I have a picture to post..but can't figure out how. Can someone help?
  • AprilTram
    Options
    Did 38 minutes..beautiful fall day for a walk. I have a picture to post..but can't figure out how. Can someone help?
    Are you using the phone app (which phone if so) or computer ?