Nov. Beginner Challenge.. Walk 30 mins a Day.

Options

Replies

• crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I walked 40 minutes today! I usually walk inside, this was my first time getting outside. I'm going to continue walking outside as much as possible.
  • arikalane22
    arikalane22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I will be starting tomorrow morning! :smiley: I've had a lot of hormonal problems for the past year or so and I've gained about 30lbs of my baby weight from baby #2(3yrs old now) back. I feel horrible. I'm tired all of the time and I eat junk like it's going out of style. Hopefully starting walking will get me back in the swing of things.
  • AprilTram
    AprilTram Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I walked 40 minutes today! I usually walk inside, this was my first time getting outside. I'm going to continue walking outside as much as possible.

I’d love to walk by water. It’s so calming.
  • AprilTram
    edited November 2017
    Options
    5hxn7auzdya0.jpeg
    Today’s walking partner.. Little Miss Eve.
  • farmerdear1
    farmerdear1 Posts: 23 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    AprilTram wrote: »
    Did 38 minutes..beautiful fall day for a walk. I have a picture to post..but can't figure out how. Can someone help?
    Are you using the phone app (which phone if so) or computer ?

Using LG android phone
  • AprilTram
    Options
    Using LG android phone

In the reply box where you are typing to send a message do you see a small picture of a camera or a picture that looks like mountain and sun in the top right corner ?
    Tap on either one of those pictures. Tap in choice a file. It “should” open your cell phone phones. Check your picture and click done. It should start to down load.

Now I use a iPhone so if the app set up is completely different I’m not sure how to help. I’m so sorry.

• aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    AprilTram wrote: »
    What an awesome partner to have to walk with.. :)

She’s a mess but a perfect little mess. :)
  • aganey
    Options
    Also liking all of the photos!
  • ChanelleCLE
    ChanelleCLE Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How do I join? I'm new to groups. I honestly didn't know mfp had groups! Will I get thread notifications?
  • stlucy0618
    stlucy0618 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! I'm going to try to do this starting tomorrow!
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I did 45 minutes today. I just saw this post so didn’t get a pic today. Fun fact: I did play some Pokémon Go on my walk.
  • AprilTram
    Options
    How do I join? I'm new to groups. I honestly didn't know mfp had groups! Will I get thread notifications?
    There’s no special thing you need to do. Just book mark this thread and come back to it once a day to post your check in and picture :)
    I’ve not figured out a way to get notices yet, I just check randomly though out the day. :)
  • AprilTram
    Options
    loveshoe wrote: »
    here is a picture Dallas A
    You live in my neck of the woods :) I’m in Burleson Tx and Work in Fort Worth.

• aganey
    Options
    I’m also Texas here! I’m in Groves. It’s close to Port Arthur and Beaumont.
  • kimmie373
    kimmie373 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    mm98qaxxb2p0.jpeg
    My walking partner. I only did 15 minutes. I wasn’t prepared for how cold it was and my neighborhood is small and boring.
  • aganey
    Options
    kimmie373 wrote: »
    My walking partner. I only did 15 minutes. I wasn’t prepared for how cold it was and my neighborhood is small and boring.

Hey 15 min is better than nothing! Good job!
  • sweetheart8909
    sweetheart8909 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would love to try this challenge but I have a 10 month old whose teething and cranky but I suppose i can give it a try..any exercise is better than what I'm getting now. Oh, any ideas on what to do with halloween candy?
    other than throw it away...lol
    7p13hqprjigk.jpg

• aganey
    Options
    I would love to try this challenge but I have a 10 month old whose teething and cranky but I suppose i can give it a try..any exercise is better than what I'm getting now. Oh, any ideas on what to do with halloween candy?
    other than throw it away...lol

1. She is so precious!!
    2. Welcome to the group. I have a 2 year old so I know how hard it can be to even get away for 30 minutes. I usually try pushing my daughter in her stroller around nap time. She sleeps while I walk most of the time.
    3. You can either donate your candy to a local daycare. I know they keep stuff like candy around for treats on fridays if the kids are good all week. Or you could save it to put in her Easter basket.
  • AprilTram
    Options
    aganey wrote: »
    I’m also Texas here! I’m in Groves. It’s close to Port Arthur and Beaumont.
    Crazy how people can be in your back yard and meet on a site with millions of people.. I love the internet some times.. :)