WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

n0ahg0pq78ar.jpg

:) For me, every new month is a clean slate to make a fresh beginning on a new way of life and to continue whatever has worked for me. Going through the challenges of life with supportive and encouraging friends makes the journey better.

:) This thread is called "Women Ages 50+" but all women are welcome. This is a place to share your journey to weight loss and fitness and to learn from others.

:) We talk about weight loss and fitness and the ups and downs in our lives that affect this journey. We try to stay away from topics that might be controversial or might offend others in any way. Kindness is important.

:) How did you do with your goals and resolutions for January? What goals and resolutions have you planned for February?

:) Be sure to bookmark this thread so you can find us again.

:) Please sign your post with a name or nickname and a location (general or specific) so can get to know each other better.

January Resolutions (with end of the month comments)
*sort, organize, and discard line dance step sheets (didn't even start)
*weight training three days a week (twice or three times each week)
*write an understandable version of the pattern for the hat and scarf I just knit (done)
*average 15,000 steps a day (averaged over 17,000 steps)

February Resolutions
*sort, organize, and discard line dance step sheets
*weight training three days a week
*average 15,000 steps a day

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW Washington

My word for 2018 is "tenacity".

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    Went to the deep water class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jari Love's Ripped and Slim DVD.

Penny - you'd better be taking pics and post them. I looked and couldn't see it, I think there's too much cloud cover here.

Wendy - I don't know how I missed your post. Prayers for your daughter.

I couldn't see the moon. When I looked, there was a lot of cloud cover

Kate - hoping things work out well for your daughter

Exercised then took my elf booties to this lady and asked her if she could make some that are larger for me, then went to JCPenney to return 3 of the shirts Lynette gave me (I just don't care for dark colors) and found out that they have others like mine in different colors. I can have them shipped to the store and save postage but they won't be here until at least Monday and we may well be leaving Monday. Then went ot Ollie's to get some snack size bags, also got some Peeps to donate. Then home.

Ceramics tonight. First picked up a med for Loki, then went and got the tranquilizer for Bonnie along with extra foor for Lexi, then ceramics. Lowe's food on the way home. Now home.

Wendy - so happy for your daughter

Suebdew - great!

Michele in NC
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,076 Member
    <3<3
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Thanks to Barbie for taking care of misnamed giving us the gentle remindes each month. You are a stepping machichine. I suspect that your line dancing contributes to that.

Well I mad a big boo boo today. I woke up for the first time around 9:30 AM. I got up, took my first blood pressure meds along with my Neurontin. Then went back to sleep. Charlie woke me up and 1:40 PM. I had lunch but didn't feel it was a right time take the blood pressure meds I always take at lunch time. So I waited. At supper I took my lunch time meds. Unfortunatley it was my bedtime meds as in 2 Narco and Ambien 10 mg. it wasn't long befor I was feeling woozy and really sleepy. I have stayed up all evening so I can go to bed tonight. And yes, I will take all my regular bedtime medicine except my blood pressure meds. My last reading was 99/60. Charlie said he as. Going to wake me up every 40 minutes. Will not make that mistake again. Our eclipse was pretty this morning, it was to cloudy. A couple of people got some good pictures bode the clouds rolled in.

Well I am to tired to talk. My iPad is still acting up when I put on charge cord. Sometimes it is 25% and other days it is 100%.
    Next time we go see my daughter I will make an appointment in the iPad store in Lexingon mall and have it checked out.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    -sleep 7 to 9 hrs a night, no more.

:grin:

If I had a sleep goal it would be ...

-sleep 7 to 9 hrs a night, no less!

Last night I did quite well ... got to bed at 1:30 am and woke at 8:05 am. 6 hours and 35 min! My longest sleep this week so far! :grin:

Despite the fact that I've had at least 6 hours a night Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights this week, I feel like I'm still making up for Sunday night when I went to bed at 2 am and woke at 7 am = 5 hours. I'm not sure why, but I'm finding the 5-hour nights a bit more difficult than I used to.

Ginkgo Biloba + Coffee get me through. Sort of.

M in Oz
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »

Last night I did quite well ... got to bed at 1:30 am and woke at 8:05 am. 6 hours and 35 min! My longest sleep this week so far! :grin:

Despite the fact that I've had at least 6 hours a night Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights this week, I feel like I'm still making up for Sunday night when I went to bed at 2 am and woke at 7 am = 5 hours. I'm not sure why, but I'm finding the 5-hour nights a bit more difficult than I used to.

M in Oz

I take medicine for an over active bladder, and I think that puts me into such a deep sleep, its hard to get out of. Talking to the doctor tomorrow about it. 5-7 hours in a fair amount of sleep nightly.
    Becca
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »

M in Oz

I take medicine for an over active bladder, and I think that puts me into such a deep sleep, its hard to get out of. Talking to the doctor tomorrow about it. 5-7 hours in a fair amount of sleep nightly.
    Becca

Hmm ... that's something I've wondered about lately.

I go just before bed, then I'm up twice in the night (twice in 5-6 hours), and even so, the need to sprint to the toilet is one of the things that officially gets me up in the morning. I haven't slept all the way through a night in a long time.

But I'm beginning to wonder if that's a bit overactive.

M
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    WENDY great news about your daughter

BARBIE thanks for new thread

MICHELLE thanks

Kate UK <3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    <3:)